Author Topic: Gaming rule questions.  (Read 1584 times)

StrategicCommand

• Paragon Tier Level 11
    • Strategic Command Wargaming Club
    • Email
Gaming rule questions.
« on: December 31, 2009, 11:33:51 AM »
Question 1: If I have a power-fist that brings my strenght to double their toughness it counts as instant kill.  Do I need to just roll to hit and no wound roll needed? or do I still need to roll my would dice?

Question 2:  I have 2 squads of imperial guardsman being attacked by a singe squad of 16 choppa boyz. My friend with the orcs divides his attacks 8 on each squad (figuring in the assault he should be able to wipe both out. The first 8 bpys kill all my 2 in one squad. The other 8 kill the other squad completely.  The orcs would then need to do what?  Sweep into the squad remaining? or have to move to get back into coherency with the other 8 boyz?

Question 3:  If a unit is 80% hidden behind terrain but 2 out of the 10 models can be seen to shoot at and I score more then 2 wounds. (example, 3 heavy botlers (giving me 7 hits and 5 wounds) does he only take those wounds against the models exposed or against the whole squad?

Thanks in advance.
Strategic Command Wargaming Club
Plan, Command, Control
www.wargamingclub.com

Grimwulfe

• God
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Email
Re: Gaming rule questions.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 12:41:00 PM »
1.  Roll to Hit and Roll to Damage - Roll of a 1 always fails!

2.  No sweep the Orcs would just consolidate into the remaining sqaud they are in HtH with.

3.  The whole squad but you will receive a cover save for the sqaud.
Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing

Moosifer

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • Egotistical Co-Conspirator
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 02:41:16 PM »
Question 1: If I have a power-fist that brings my strenght to double their toughness it counts as instant kill.  Do I need to just roll to hit and no wound roll needed? or do I still need to roll my would dice?

It is like any other combat, you still have to hit your opponent by rolling against his WS.  When it comes to wounding, you are wounding on your str vs his toughness, but you are failing to wound on 1's, always

Question 2:  I have 2 squads of imperial guardsman being attacked by a singe squad of 16 choppa boyz. My friend with the orcs divides his attacks 8 on each squad (figuring in the assault he should be able to wipe both out. The first 8 bpys kill all my 2 in one squad. The other 8 kill the other squad completely.  The orcs would then need to do what?  Sweep into the squad remaining? or have to move to get back into coherency with the other 8 boyz?

when you are star assaulting (assaulting 2 units at the same time with one unit) you treat both combats as one in terms of resolution.  I cant make out wtf you said but I am guessing you are saying is he killed off 1 complete squad and the other squad had 2 remaining members.  At this time you would be making your leadership test at a negative 18 (1 whole squad + 8 from second squad).  Unless you have a commissar lord nearby and a banner, you are failing the leadership test on anything but double 1's.  At this point you would both roll initiative to see if you flee or are overrun, at which point the orks would make a d6 consolidation roll

Question 3:  If a unit is 80% hidden behind terrain but 2 out of the 10 models can be seen to shoot at and I score more then 2 wounds. (example, 3 heavy botlers (giving me 7 hits and 5 wounds) does he only take those wounds against the models exposed or against the whole squad?

If you have 8 out of 10 guys in cover you are given a cover save determined by the 5th edition rule book.  With your example of terrain (we will say a building, which gives you a 4+ cover save) and by getting 7 hits and 5 wounds he would get 5 4+ saves against your wounds.  Wound allocation is done as per the standard 5th edition rules, the person being shot at is able to allocate the wounds as he/she sees fit

Thanks in advance.

StrategicCommand

• Paragon Tier Level 11
    • Strategic Command Wargaming Club
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 02:56:56 PM »
Thanks to everyone for the help!
Strategic Command Wargaming Club
Plan, Command, Control
www.wargamingclub.com