Author Topic: Question about Ordnacne Weapons...  (Read 3393 times)

StrategicCommand

• Paragon Tier Level 11
    • Strategic Command Wargaming Club
    • Email
Question about Ordnacne Weapons...
« on: December 02, 2009, 08:47:11 AM »
The Leman Russ Battle Cannon,  Ordnance, Large Blast.   What do you roll to hit with this beast? Is it a roll against BS? or is it Scatter Dice and 2D6 Minus BS score?

I could not find a definite ruling in the new rulebook so I pose the question to the experts as BG.
Strategic Command Wargaming Club
Plan, Command, Control
www.wargamingclub.com

General Leevous

• Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
Re: Question about Ordnacne Weapons...
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 09:42:03 AM »
Its 2d6 minus ballistic skill unless you are firinhg indirect. Then its straight up 2d6.
Run Run Run as Fast as You Can... You Cant Catch Me Im The GINGER!!!!

So sayeth the Ginger, FEAR the Ginger!

Rurouni Benshin

• God
  • Oro?
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 09:43:12 AM »
Ordnance weapons work the same for all vehicles.  Like the Blast template, you roll for scatter + 2d6 - BS for the Large Blast, if the vehicle has line of sight to it's target.  If it is an Indirect Ordnance attack (ie - no line of sight), then the full 2d6 is scattered if an arrow is rolled on the scatter die.  You should also note that an indirect Ordnance attack requires that the vehicle not move at all during its movement phase as well.
"This One Is Rurouni... Once Again, This One Will Drift."

Warhammer 40,000
Space Marines: 93-15-18
Apocalypse: 9-2-3
Tournaments: 7-7-1
Tale of 16 Gamers: 0-0-1

Grammar: Contractions 0/1/0
Number of games I've managed to play since Tristan's arrival: 70

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 03:20:27 PM »
Hey guys,
            Please keep in mind that you can only fire indirect with ordanance if the weapon has barrage. So a Leman Russ is direct fire only.  2d6 -bs

I always remember it this way, if your direct, you cut the bs.

Cheers,
Alan
But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

Captain Bryan!

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBryanCosplay
    • Captain Bryan Cosplay
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 04:05:41 PM »
Ordnance weapons work the same for all vehicles.  Like the Blast template, you roll for scatter + 2d6 - BS for the Large Blast, if the vehicle has line of sight to it's target.  If it is an Indirect Ordnance attack (ie - no line of sight), then the full 2d6 is scattered if an arrow is rolled on the scatter die.  You should also note that an indirect Ordnance attack requires that the vehicle not move at all during its movement phase as well.

everything here is right exept that you can move(combat speed) and shoot. and ordanence weapons roll 2 D6 and pick the highest for armour penatration, and that can be the only weapon that it can shoot (not even defencive weapons)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 04:55:31 PM by Bryan »

Rurouni Benshin

• God
  • Oro?
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 12:10:26 AM »
Hey guys,
            Please keep in mind that you can only fire indirect with ordanance if the weapon has barrage. So a Leman Russ is direct fire only.  2d6 -bs

Still working out how "Barrage" works for myself, actually.   :P
Thanks, Alan!
"This One Is Rurouni... Once Again, This One Will Drift."

Warhammer 40,000
Space Marines: 93-15-18
Apocalypse: 9-2-3
Tournaments: 7-7-1
Tale of 16 Gamers: 0-0-1

Grammar: Contractions 0/1/0
Number of games I've managed to play since Tristan's arrival: 70

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 05:48:11 PM »
Yea, in this addition you can move combat speed and fire ordinance.  But, your not allowed to fire anyother weapons.  Keep that in mind when equiping your russ squad.

StrategicCommand

• Paragon Tier Level 11
    • Strategic Command Wargaming Club
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 08:21:01 AM »
OK so now that we know how to shoot them I have a question about Ordnance against vehicles.  The Rule book states you get to roll 2 dice and take the highest for AP but...

What Armor side does Ordnance hit a vehicle on? 

Tim and I came to the conclusion it must be the side facing the shooter. But the book is not to clear.
Strategic Command Wargaming Club
Plan, Command, Control
www.wargamingclub.com

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 08:35:40 AM »
OK so now that we know how to shoot them I have a question about Ordnance against vehicles.  The Rule book states you get to roll 2 dice and take the highest for AP but...

Tim and I came to the conclusion it must be the side facing the shooter. But the book is not to clear.

It is the direction of origin.  Unless it is barrage then it is based on the hole.

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2009, 01:20:46 PM »

It is the direction of origin.  Unless it is barrage then it is based on the hole.

hmm, I believe Barrage always hit's the side armor. I'll double check later.

But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2009, 05:12:10 PM »
Barrage is considered to come from the center of the template.  So whereever it lands is what side you hit.

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2009, 06:17:02 PM »

This explains why you do well in tournaments.   ;)

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2009, 09:56:57 PM »

This explains why you do well in tournaments.   ;)

Gotta love knowing the rules...

Page 60 -- Template and blast weapons against Vehicles.
"Hits from Barrage weapons, however, always hit the vehicles Side armour (representing top armour).

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2009, 03:36:23 AM »
Well played.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2009, 06:26:30 PM »
Also remember the center hole has to be touching the primary hull of the veichle for the hit to be at full strength otherwise its blast damage to the viechle which is half.