Author Topic: template and blast weapons  (Read 2115 times)

JimH1164

• Email
template and blast weapons
« on: June 22, 2014, 01:15:39 AM »
I was wondering if anyone else noticed in 7th that template and blast weapons are not mentioned in the terrain section. As stated templates and blast markers hit all models partially or completely under the marker. This would mean that if you have 10 models in a ruin on various floors but the marker covers them all they are all hits. No longer do the rules say that the marker only hits one floor. Discuss!

robpro

• Heroic Tier Level 9
Re: template and blast weapons
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 04:38:12 PM »
.Can you provide some page references to what you're talking about?

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 06:07:06 PM »
6th Edition BRB, p. 100. That's the old rule.

shwnlyns

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 06:55:37 PM »
I was firing my vindicators large blast into a ruins the other day thinking, was it only the top or bottom level of a building ordnance weapons hit? So I went with the top level and thought to look it up later. This thread reminded me of that and I have found nothing to say it doesn't hit everything under the template like it did in 6th, so I would have to say that rule no longer exists.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 09:41:16 PM »
I've seen this in other areas in my travels around the internet.  I haven't looked into it personally, but the consensus is that there's no limitations on what it hits other than, "Everything under the template" or whatever.

Maybe there's some debate on what's "under the template" and what's "under what's under the template" but anyways, I'll have Sam check it out.  I expect him to go with a RAW type of ruling.

Feel free to argue for and against whatever you'd like here.

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

AstartesXXVI

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 02:47:11 PM »
It makes sense. With the improved cover saves for being "in" ruins, this gives them an effective counter. But I haven't looked into it yet to say 100% either way.
"Really, the entire game is 'Opponent's Permission' if you think about it..."

Typhus

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 02:51:38 PM »
There are no levels in ruins any more.
0000 - Rest Period - BUT YOU BETTER NOT SPEND FOUR WHOLE HOURS SLEEPING. IF YOU DO YOU ARE NOT ANGRY ENOUGH AND TOMORROW YOU GET THE FIRST CHANCE TO PLAY PIN THE TAU ON THE CARNIFEX.