Author Topic: These all seem good to me (some stuff that's been "confirmed")  (Read 4183 times)

MM3791

• God
Re: These all seem good to me (some stuff that's been "confirmed")
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2014, 10:00:16 AM »
Can anyone confirm or deny that everything is now scoring (except zooming flyers etc.), in both Unbound and Battle-Forged armies? I keep hearing that's the case.

Yes everything is scoring, it doesn't matter if it's battle forged or unbound. However Troops have the "Objective Secured" rule, so they capture objectives from any non-troop unit.

Alpharius?

• Heroic Tier Level 2
  • Outside my mind
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2014, 10:05:26 AM »
Can anyone confirm or deny that everything is now scoring (except zooming flyers etc.), in both Unbound and Battle-Forged armies? I keep hearing that's the case.

Yes everything is scoring, it doesn't matter if it's battle forged or unbound. However Troops have the "Objective Secured" rule, so they capture objectives from any non-troop unit.

Groovy! Wish I had known that yesterday... My games may have turned out a little different.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2014, 05:02:23 PM »
The Flying MC Nerf
This one's gonna break some hearts. Flying Monstrous Creatures are no longer able to charge into assault on the same turn that they changed flight modes. This change is clearly meant to put them into "Jump MCs that sometimes can take a long trip across the board" instead of "always flying MCs that occasionally land and fight." But it will definitely cause some notable butthurt among the Daemon community.
Haven't Vector Strikes and shooting always been enough? Who's silly enough to give their opponent Overwatch shots and potentially get stuck in a bad assault?

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2014, 09:31:49 PM »
A few other things of note.

Skyfire lets you shoot at flyers, flying monstrous creatures and skimmers at your normal ballistic skill. Snap shots against everything else even if you have interceptor.  Which kind of sucks since I liked giving my Orks the 96" range Icarus Las Cannon.

Sniper Has been nerfed a little bit. It no longer rends against vehicles. Instead they are resolved at strength 4.

Rend Is still AP 2 against models but not against vehicles. The extra D3 armour pen is resolved at the weapons normal AP value. So no more blowing up Ironclads and Mega Dreads with Pask in a Leman Russ Punisher.

Skimmers are no longer automatically wrecked if they go flat out and get immobilized. It looks like they can still Jink even if they're immobilized though. And as far as I can tell jinking doesn't cause the passengers to also snap fire. The book also clarifies that vehicles can take cover saves against any weapon that would damage it including grav weapons.
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.

AstartesXXVI

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2014, 12:26:07 AM »
The Flying MC Nerf
This one's gonna break some hearts. Flying Monstrous Creatures are no longer able to charge into assault on the same turn that they changed flight modes. This change is clearly meant to put them into "Jump MCs that sometimes can take a long trip across the board" instead of "always flying MCs that occasionally land and fight." But it will definitely cause some notable butthurt among the Daemon community.
Haven't Vector Strikes and shooting always been enough? Who's silly enough to give their opponent Overwatch shots and potentially get stuck in a bad assault?
People who use the Bloodthirster, for one.

I doubt the five FMC daemon list was popular because of the Nurgle Daemon Prince's shooting ability.
"Really, the entire game is 'Opponent's Permission' if you think about it..."