Author Topic: potential problem with the psychic phase balance...  (Read 4416 times)

Dalymiddleboro

• Heroic Tier Level 2
potential problem with the psychic phase balance...
« on: May 21, 2014, 04:50:51 PM »
Just a thought, did they take into account warp charges from army specific codices? For instance, flickering fire is only 1 warp charge... and now that witchfires may target any number of targets and be cast until you've no warp charge points left... This means that say a unit of pink horrors can fire potentially flickering fire 7 times, if they roll a 6 for warp charge points at the beginning of the phase.

Do you guys think the book powers were taken into account?

MM3791

• God
Re: potential problem with the psychic phase balance...
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 05:08:00 PM »
Can we wait 3 days before posts like these?

AstartesXXVI

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 05:24:06 PM »
You still can't use a single power more than once, I am fairly sure.
"Really, the entire game is 'Opponent's Permission' if you think about it..."

andalucien

• God
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 05:52:13 PM »
I am hoping that you can only use a power once per phase.  That would solve a lot of potential problems.
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Goblin

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 06:08:17 PM »
if fantasy is any indication, each wizard can cast each of their spells once. which would (assuming it works the same way in 40k, which seems reasonable) mean that each unit of pink horrors can attempt to cast flickering fire once, whether they succeed or fail, they're done casting that spell for the turn.

Typhus

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 07:44:58 PM »
Why would you take flickering fire when for 144 points you can have a 16 man Horror Unit that is ML3 and SUMMON A BLOODTHIRSTER OFF A 16 POINT MODEL.
0000 - Rest Period - BUT YOU BETTER NOT SPEND FOUR WHOLE HOURS SLEEPING. IF YOU DO YOU ARE NOT ANGRY ENOUGH AND TOMORROW YOU GET THE FIRST CHANCE TO PLAY PIN THE TAU ON THE CARNIFEX.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 08:52:47 PM »
Why would you take flickering fire when for 144 points you can have a 16 man Horror Unit that is ML3 and SUMMON A BLOODTHIRSTER OFF A 16 POINT MODEL.

I have the Daemon codex in front of me, Horrors can only take from the Change discipline. Only Heralds and Lords of Change can take from both the Change & Divination lore.. which make me believe that only Heralds and the LoC will be able to take the Malfic lore as well. We don't even know if units with the "Brotherhood of Sorcerers" rule can use it. Too many unknowns 

Bill

• Paragon Tier Level 14
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Dark Star
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 08:57:34 PM »

I don't even know how to respond to this. **slaps forehead**

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 08:58:46 PM »

I have the Daemon codex in front of me, Horrors can only take from the Change discipline. Only Heralds and Lords of Change can take from both the Change & Divination lore.. which make me believe that only Heralds and the LoC will be able to take the Malfic lore as well. We don't even know if units with the "Brotherhood of Sorcerers" rule can use it. Too many unknowns

It says if the unit is a brotherhood of psykers/sorcerers you remove the whole unit.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 09:08:00 PM by Pat.H »
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.

Typhus

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2014, 11:41:14 PM »

It says if the unit is a brotherhood of psykers/sorcerers you remove the whole unit.

1/2 PRICE BLOODTHIRSTER.  I AM STRANGELY OK WITH THIS.
0000 - Rest Period - BUT YOU BETTER NOT SPEND FOUR WHOLE HOURS SLEEPING. IF YOU DO YOU ARE NOT ANGRY ENOUGH AND TOMORROW YOU GET THE FIRST CHANCE TO PLAY PIN THE TAU ON THE CARNIFEX.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2014, 06:43:05 AM »
Basic Grey Knights don't have divination, so I don't know why you'd think Horrors would have access to malfic.

AstartesXXVI

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2014, 10:26:42 AM »

1/2 PRICE BLOODTHIRSTER.  I AM STRANGELY OK WITH THIS.
Meh.

FMCs got a hard nerf, or so I'm told; I guess they can't assault unless they were already on the ground in the previous turn. Didn't see it with my own eyes, so I'm not sure if this is true or not, though.

If true, that, plus the power being warp charge 3, are probably going to level it off quite a bit.

I've also heard of a sizable nerf to strength D so I expect debates about whether it should be allowed or not will probably be laid to rest at some point. I mean it's still very good, but not nearly as good as before.

"Really, the entire game is 'Opponent's Permission' if you think about it..."

MM3791

• God
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2014, 10:53:03 AM »
Lose 1 Horror model and the unit gets demoted to ML2

Typhus

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2014, 11:16:39 AM »
Lose 1 Horror model and the unit gets demoted to ML2

So?  I'm not casting it FROM the horrors, i'm casting it ON the horrors.

And as psychic phase happens before assault, the newly summoned FMC is already on the ground and can freely charge.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2014, 11:50:54 AM »
Ok, good luck with that.. there's about 1000 things that can go wrong from in-between steps 1 and 10  ;D