Author Topic: GENTLEMEN. BEHOLD.  (Read 3879 times)

Typhus

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
0000 - Rest Period - BUT YOU BETTER NOT SPEND FOUR WHOLE HOURS SLEEPING. IF YOU DO YOU ARE NOT ANGRY ENOUGH AND TOMORROW YOU GET THE FIRST CHANCE TO PLAY PIN THE TAU ON THE CARNIFEX.

Alpharius?

• Heroic Tier Level 2
  • Outside my mind
Re: GENTLEMEN. BEHOLD.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 02:20:16 PM »
Hurray for nerfing Misfortune! Take that you little pointy-eared...

Dalymiddleboro

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 02:37:13 PM »
Bummer prescience is STILL the primaris...

Typhus

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 02:56:31 PM »
Grey Knights just shot to the top of the "Fuck you, we're back" department.
0000 - Rest Period - BUT YOU BETTER NOT SPEND FOUR WHOLE HOURS SLEEPING. IF YOU DO YOU ARE NOT ANGRY ENOUGH AND TOMORROW YOU GET THE FIRST CHANCE TO PLAY PIN THE TAU ON THE CARNIFEX.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 03:06:29 PM »

It looks like GK powers will be more available to everyone except daemons. Also check out the new Biomancy.. epic

Dalymiddleboro

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 03:37:55 PM »

What makes you think this? The psychic phase? Sure they'll get a lot of dice... Back to the top? I'm not so sure, we'll see what the new perils table has to say about this.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 03:39:43 PM »
Is anything degenerate right off the bat?

I read the comments on that article and nothing seems too crazy to me other than apparently making Flesh Hounds invisible and then doing something else to them.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

MM3791

• God
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 03:41:08 PM »
What makes you think this? The psychic phase? Sure they'll get a lot of dice... Back to the top? I'm not so sure, we'll see what the new perils table has to say about this.

Plus ALL powers are DISPELABLE by your opponent now.. a lot of people are overlooking that.

Dalymiddleboro

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 03:43:59 PM »

Plus ALL powers are DISPELABLE by your opponent now.. a lot of people are overlooking that.

Unfortunately doesn't help my DE too much, as word on the street is denying the witch is harder and I don't have extra dice in the psychic phase due to no psykers...

andalucien

• God
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2014, 03:44:06 PM »
Yeah, with the ability to actively resist psychic powers now, we might have an "escape clause" if there's anything that would otherwise be a drag on the game...   devil's in the details, we'll see.
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2014, 03:52:05 PM »

Unfortunately doesn't help my DE too much, as word on the street is denying the witch is harder and I don't have extra dice in the psychic phase due to no psykers...

It's possible that there will be a "common magic items" section in the new rulebook like in Fantasy. However at worst you can take an allied Farseer.. or you could do it the old fashioned way and blow away your opponent's psyker early in the game.

Dalymiddleboro

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2014, 03:56:53 PM »

I tend to like to go pure DE, and I definitely have the power to nuke their psykers... Although I am tempted to ally eldrad or someone and dump invisibility on my beast pack. Maybe dump endurance from biomancey on them too. lol

It's possible that there will be a "common magic items" section in the new rulebook like in Fantasy. However at worst you can take an allied Farseer.. or you could do it the old fashioned way and blow away your opponent's psyker early in the game.

Goblin

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2014, 04:37:58 PM »
make note that prescience is still the primaris, but it's now a two warp charge spell which means you're going to be looking at 3-4 dice to cast it unopposed (and still have a chance to whiff) and more if your opponent is holding dispel dice. even more if he has bonuses to his dispel rolls.

a lot of the lores have a lot of good stuff, but dispel will be the balancer. if it's like fantasy, which i assume it will be, you'll get to see your opponent's cast (how many 4+s he makes) before you decide if you're going to use any dice to deny. if you see someone cast a 3 warp charge power with 3 successes and you have some bonuses, you won't even have to commit that many dice to dispel. if the rumored casting/dispel rules are true, i think you'll be denying a lot more spells per game than you used to with just the 6+ on offensive spells targeting your units.

Typhus

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2014, 05:56:41 PM »
Is anything degenerate right off the bat?

I read the comments on that article and nothing seems too crazy to me other than apparently making Flesh Hounds invisible and then doing something else to them.

Space Marine librarian with GK paladins to have 3+ invulnerable, Eternal Warrior, 4+ FNP, all force weapons.
20 Khorne Dogs with 2+ Invul, Eternal Warrior, 4+ FNP
Inquisitor with Thunderhammer/Stormshield terminators with a 2+ Invulnerable save
Iron Hands Chapter Master with a 2+ FNP

I have a Chaos Demon list with 18 warp dice before the d6 roll

MM3791

• God
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2014, 07:39:43 PM »
I'm not passing any judgement until I have the book in my hand.

I'm assuming both stores will have plenty of copies for this weekend?