Author Topic: 7th ed Allies Chart  (Read 4523 times)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
7th ed Allies Chart
« on: May 20, 2014, 11:01:40 PM »

What do we think of this?  How might it influence the "meta" or help / hurt 40k?
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

andalucien

• God
Re: 7th ed Allies Chart
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 11:06:59 PM »
Basically they made battle brothers MUCH more uncommon.  Now the only battle brothers are Eldar/Dark Eldar and Daemons/CSM. 

I think it will help competitive 40k by cutting down on the amount of abusive combinations that are possible to assemble and difficult for GW to foresee (interactions between different codexes written by different people at different times).
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

andalucien

• God
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 11:15:16 PM »
Oops, just noticed that all imperial armies (which is half the armies) are now in one box, and are therefore ALL battle brothers with each other.  So, reverse what I just said above, I guess.

Of course, this is all affected by what battle brothers actually means in 6th (do we know that yet?)
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 11:26:07 PM »
Oops, just noticed that all imperial armies (which is half the armies) are now in one box, and are therefore ALL battle brothers with each other.  So, reverse what I just said above, I guess.

Of course, this is all affected by what battle brothers actually means in 6th (do we know that yet?)

From what I heard basically the same except they can embark on each other's transports. Hmm Orks can't ally with any imperial armies anymore. Makes that rumored codex Blood Axes slightly more feasible.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 11:27:38 PM by Pat.H »
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 06:42:01 AM »
Almost all Imperial armies were already Battle Brothers with each other anyways, so what difference does that make? Also notice that everyone can Battle Brother ally with their own codex, which was the exact opposite last edition.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 06:45:53 AM by MM3791 »

robpro

• Heroic Tier Level 9
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 08:07:04 AM »
Almost all Imperial armies were already Battle Brothers with each other anyways, so what difference does that make? Also notice that everyone can Battle Brother ally with their own codex, which was the exact opposite last edition.

Every army except Dark Eldar was Battle Brothers with its own codex last time. This doesn't say you can ally with your own codex.

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 08:51:47 AM »

Every army except Dark Eldar was Battle Brothers with its own codex last time. This doesn't say you can ally with your own codex.

Actually, you can not ally with your own codex in 6th edition, unless you had some goofy supplement.  Check the chart again, everyone had a blank for their own codex.

As for the chart, it makes a lot more sense.  Fluffwise, never understood why Imperials were BB with any Xenos anyway.  And I do like that Orks can ally with themselves...because MOAR ORKS is always good.   
http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/

Warhammer 40k
6,914 pts Waaagh Dakkagut (Goff Orks)
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   
     183 pts Protectorate of Menoth

MM3791

• God
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 09:40:18 AM »
I predict a rise in Tyranid players, being able to field 3 Hive Tyrants and 4 Carnifexes will bring some serious pain to the meta scene lol

Dalymiddleboro

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 09:49:01 AM »
I predict a rise in Tyranid players, being able to field 3 Hive Tyrants and 4 Carnifexes will bring some serious pain to the meta scene lol

My dark eldar would love to see this!

andalucien

• God
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2014, 10:28:24 AM »
Actually all imperial armies being bros is a pretty big change...

GK's went from having no battle brothers to having 8
Sisters of battle went from one (IG) to 8
etc.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2014, 10:43:19 AM »
Actually all imperial armies being bros is a pretty big change...

GK's went from having no battle brothers to having 8
Sisters of battle went from one (IG) to 8
etc.

How is that a big change? Looks more like a shuffle

andalucien

• God
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2014, 11:33:59 AM »
How about we compromise and call it a "big shuffle"?

Goblin

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2014, 11:44:34 AM »

you can already do this if people let you play skyblight. and while i'm not playing fexes, having 3 tyrans plus a pile of other monsters IS awesome.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2014, 12:21:52 PM »

I can't, because all space marine codices have very similar (if not identical) units.. so I really don't see any big impact to the meta in that regard.

Dalymiddleboro

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2014, 01:21:00 PM »

I can't, because all space marine codices have very similar (if not identical) units.. so I really don't see any big impact to the meta in that regard.

I agree with this for the most part. Some of the differences is that different librarians from different chapters have access to divination, and some don't... However, since we don't know the new powers at the moment I can't really speculate on how this change will affect the armies much, if at all.