Author Topic: 7th ed confirmed  (Read 12935 times)

AstartesXXVI

• Heroic Tier Level 4
Re: 7th ed confirmed
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2014, 02:10:04 PM »
I can't post links to my eyes and what they read out of the book.

Fortunately someone has posted scans of most of the White Dwarf info to Facebook.

There is a lot more, but the 40k group is a closed group so I doubt everyone will be able to see the gallery linked unless the original poster specified it to be public.
"Really, the entire game is 'Opponent's Permission' if you think about it..."

Alpharius?

• Heroic Tier Level 2
  • Outside my mind
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2014, 02:42:18 PM »
Those new wound allocation rules will slow things down, but not an entirely unwelcome change.

NateT

• Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2014, 03:05:14 PM »
I think the WD release info I liked best is the reissuing of Dark Vengeance complete with updated book... Saw it in Dakka, and I am glad that they aren't scrapping those awesome models.

Granted, I still hope the BA v. ork set comes out, too.

AstartesXXVI

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2014, 03:33:11 PM »
A few other tidbits I missed, but have read on other scans which have privacy settings preventing my downloading of them:

- Apparently, the Psychic phase is between the Movement and Shooting Phases.
- There are 6 new missions total under the Maelstrom of War style.
- Apparently Daemons summoning Daemons which can summon more Daemons is a thing.
"Really, the entire game is 'Opponent's Permission' if you think about it..."

andalucien

• God
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2014, 03:57:49 PM »
Well that change to the vehicle damage chart sounds like a good change made for a good reason, with one of the designers actually explaining his thinking....   am I dreaming?  Hopefully there's more where that came from.
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2014, 10:07:03 PM »
Apparently, the Psychic phase is between the Movement and Shooting Phases.

This doesn't surprise me, that's exactly where it is in Fantasy. It will also be a lot cleaner, as currently there are different spells used in different phases.. which can get confusing fast. There have been plenty of times when I forgot to use a spell because I thought it was in a different phase.

Well that change to the vehicle damage chart sounds like a good change made for a good reason, with one of the designers actually explaining his thinking....   am I dreaming?  Hopefully there's more where that came from.

Lol yea believe it or not they actually do put effort into the rules. This one makes sense, currently a lot of people feel that monstrous creatures have a huge advantage over vehicles, this sounds like it could put walkers on the same competitive level. In fact he specifically mentions that walkers were a big reason for this change.