Author Topic: 7th ed confirmed  (Read 12945 times)

andalucien

• God
Re: 7th ed confirmed
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2014, 12:46:38 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JnMByJVUow

If you catch them, there are a few pages from the book with rules.  Looks like some of the benefits to playing a regular FOC army is that you can reroll warlord traits, and your primary detachment has the Objective Secured (like the tyranid skyblight formation) in which objectives cannot be contested.

Got to admit that type of thing sounds pretty cool.  I'll be following closely.
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2014, 02:34:36 PM »
Things are sounding like they'll shape up well. I think we'll have to wait and see, my money is that GW are trying to find that balance that will let us choose between the loose structure needed to get in some crazy games that a lot of people I began playing with like, and those rigid rules sets demanded by tournament players.

I have my fingers crossed, I'm hoping they find that balance, or hit close enough to make both sides of the fence happy.

Cheers,
But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2014, 04:10:18 PM »
I think we'll have to wait and see, my money is that GW are trying to find that balance that will let us choose between the loose structure needed to get in some crazy games that a lot of people I began playing with like, and those rigid rules sets demanded by tournament players.

That's exactly what I took away from the video / info / reading the little bits that were shown.

Here's hoping they pull it off!
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Grandmaster Steve

• God
  • No whining, just fun games this is how I play
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2014, 07:34:27 PM »
I just want to play the game I enjoy the world of 40k

andalucien

• God
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2014, 10:12:31 PM »
Whoah....

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/t31.0-8/p843x403/10333547_10152489684194954_3873038486156362195_o.jpg

Summoning a greater daemon that replaces the psyker seems like a real thing... 

Also, it seems like the trend of increased "funky options", and increased necessity for bookkeeping, is continuing.   Summoning any herald with 30 points' worth of options is just a huge array of possibilities.
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

andalucien

• God
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2014, 10:15:25 PM »
I wonder if it's possible to summon a psychic Herald of Tzeentch which then turns around and summons another psychic Herald of Tzeentch.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2014, 10:30:03 PM »
I'd summon Riptides.

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2014, 12:23:30 AM »
I wonder if Orks will have access to this. Looted Lord of Change FTW.
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2014, 12:40:03 AM »

O

M

G

Orks summoning daemons could make me play.
beep bop boop

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2014, 02:06:57 AM »
Orks summoning daemons could make me play.

That would definitely be super cool.  Both parts.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2014, 02:57:46 AM »
Whoah....

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/t31.0-8/p843x403/10333547_10152489684194954_3873038486156362195_o.jpg

Summoning a greater daemon that replaces the psyker seems like a real thing... 

Also, it seems like the trend of increased "funky options", and increased necessity for bookkeeping, is continuing.   Summoning any herald with 30 points' worth of options is just a huge array of possibilities.

I miss daemonic chains.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2014, 04:16:20 AM »

It was earlier stated that everyone except tyranids would have access to Daemonology.

I wonder if it's possible to summon a psychic Herald of Tzeentch which then turns around and summons another psychic Herald of Tzeentch.

No it doesn't look like it. The spell uses 3 warp charge points so only a ML3 psyker can cast that. The spell says your Herald can only have 30 points worth of upgrades.. the ML3 upgrade for Tzeench Herald is 50 points.

Even if psykers can share the warp dice pool, your psykers would still be competing for the same dice in the pool.. and you'd also need to roll on the chart again so seems almost impossible/impracticable for that to happen or even be useful.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 04:31:28 AM by MM3791 »

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2014, 10:03:47 AM »

This is the first positive thing I have heard for Orks in a loooong time.

Hmmm...where is my bitx box
http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/

Warhammer 40k
6,914 pts Waaagh Dakkagut (Goff Orks)
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   
     183 pts Protectorate of Menoth

Typhus

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2014, 10:11:28 AM »
Yes, but you can have a ML3 guy summon a herald with the portalglyph, and then every turn you can summon demons with the ML3 guy and the portal creating a ludicrous amount of free troops.

Chase, if I were you I would start stocking up on Demons, because at the bare minimum, if you wanted to cast the summon power for 5/6 turns you will need almost 50 models.
0000 - Rest Period - BUT YOU BETTER NOT SPEND FOUR WHOLE HOURS SLEEPING. IF YOU DO YOU ARE NOT ANGRY ENOUGH AND TOMORROW YOU GET THE FIRST CHANCE TO PLAY PIN THE TAU ON THE CARNIFEX.

NateT

• Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2014, 10:13:31 AM »
Hmmm... It will be cool if in friendly Unbound games we see some "counts as" daemons which are converted avatars of Gork or Mork...

Or is a friendly Unbound game an oxymoron?