Author Topic: 7th ed confirmed  (Read 12934 times)

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
Re: 7th ed confirmed
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2014, 11:13:24 AM »
I wonder if Orks will have access to this. Looted Lord of Change FTW.

O

M

G

Orks summoning daemons could make me play.

There were rules back in the day for making a Chaos Ork warband.
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.

andalucien

• God
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2014, 12:33:03 PM »
Yes, but you can have a ML3 guy summon a herald with the portalglyph, and then every turn you can summon demons with the ML3 guy and the portal creating a ludicrous amount of free troops.

Chase, if I were you I would start stocking up on Demons, because at the bare minimum, if you wanted to cast the summon power for 5/6 turns you will need almost 50 models.

Just thinkin' silly here... this is all based on non-confirmed rules...

It's not hard to get 20 mastery levels worth of psykers in a Daemon army, 4 heralds of tzeentch plus some daemon princes and greater daemons... most daemon players already have these models already because 2 of the strongest daemon armies in 6th used those models.

If the points get pooled... as long as 1 of them knows the herald summoning power you can cast it 6 times on the first turn, nettting yourself 12 extra mastery levels for turn 2.  Then on turn 2 you can cast the greater daemon thing 10 times, replacing all of your heralds of tzeentch with bloodthirsters or lords of change or something.   
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

robpro

• Heroic Tier Level 9
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2014, 12:54:00 PM »
What makes you think someone can cast a spell more than once each turn?

andalucien

• God
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2014, 01:13:38 PM »
What makes you think someone can cast a spell more than once each turn?

Nothing really... in fantasy are you only allowed to cast each spell once per turn?
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2014, 01:23:46 PM »
According to the Church of Ward, there is no god but the Almighty, all models with the type Chaos will not have access to divination or daemonology.

Only Grey Knights and Space Wolves will have access to divination and daemonology.

FAKE EDIT:

But really, there is some cool ass potential here, while I'm not all that hopeful for anything balanced or truly tested, daemonology being a thing makes for some really interesting options. If a primaris psycher is even still a thing, a renegade guard regiment summoning daemons is pretty awesome in ways that are reminiscent of Lost and the Damned depth of flavor.

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2014, 02:13:18 PM »
Yes, but you can have a ML3 guy summon a herald with the portalglyph, and then every turn you can summon demons with the ML3 guy and the portal creating a ludicrous amount of free troops.

Chase, if I were you I would start stocking up on Demons, because at the bare minimum, if you wanted to cast the summon power for 5/6 turns you will need almost 50 models.

Just thinkin' silly here... this is all based on non-confirmed rules...

It's not hard to get 20 mastery levels worth of psykers in a Daemon army, 4 heralds of tzeentch plus some daemon princes and greater daemons... most daemon players already have these models already because 2 of the strongest daemon armies in 6th used those models.

If the points get pooled... as long as 1 of them knows the herald summoning power you can cast it 6 times on the first turn, nettting yourself 12 extra mastery levels for turn 2.  Then on turn 2 you can cast the greater daemon thing 10 times, replacing all of your heralds of tzeentch with bloodthirsters or lords of change or something.

I'm pretty sure if psychic powers are going to work like spells in fantasy that there will be some sort of dispelling mechanic.  So I'm pretty sure you won't be able to throw psychic powers around unopposed. In Fantasy even if an army has no magic users it still generates a minimum number of dispell dice. All armies could also buy treasures and artifacts such as the dispell scroll to help with this. The neat thing about Fantasy is you can also dispell beneficial spells an army tries to cast on itself.
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.

Goblin

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2014, 02:32:51 PM »
Nothing really... in fantasy are you only allowed to cast each spell once per turn?

in fantasy each wizard can cast each of his spells once per turn. i highly doubt you'll be able to cast a psychic power as many times as you want.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2014, 02:41:01 PM »
Summoning is only half of the daemonology lore, the other focuses on banishment

Moosifer

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • Egotistical Co-Conspirator
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2014, 04:21:14 PM »
I just want to poop out bloodcrushers i dont know about anyone else...

AstartesXXVI

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2014, 12:53:36 PM »
Thought you all might be interested to hear some of the changes coming up in the new edition, some of them directly address odds and ends that I've seen come up.

New Wound Allocation
Basically how this works now is simplified. You shoot your weapons in different sets and the casualties are removed from the closest models by weapon. Basically, the same as now, but more clear from the get-go, and allows the shooting player to have some tactical flexibility.

New Vehicle Damage chart (this is HUGE)
You can now only destroy a vehicle on a penetrating hit if you get SEVEN on the vehicle damage chart. They wanted to cut back on single shots destroying vehicles outright unless it was a more serious dedicated AT weapon. Also, there was commentary in the White Dwarf about how this was intended to make Walkers a bit more valuable. This means that basically, without AP1/AP2/Rending, you are going to have to glance vehicles to death. Huge.

Destroyer Weapon nerf
You get invulnerable saves against D weapons now, with some exceptions (if they roll a 6 on the special "to wound" D weapon table. Again, huge.

Challenge Wounds Spill Over
When you win a challenge, the extra wounds spill over to the squad. Rejoice, Chaos -- your army rule is not just a huge handicap!

Charging into Difficult Terrain
Big change...now it just subtracts 2 inches off of your charge. Fleeting assault units have a bit of a buff here, instead of 3d6-take-the-lowest it's a flat -2.
"Really, the entire game is 'Opponent's Permission' if you think about it..."

robpro

• Heroic Tier Level 9
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2014, 01:03:51 PM »
Mind posting a source for those?

AstartesXXVI

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2014, 01:39:26 PM »
White Dwarf. Like I said earlier -- long relationship with GW has it's perks. Images of the stuff are starting to surface elsewhere as well. Check it out:

« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 01:44:57 PM by AstartesXXVI »

robpro

• Heroic Tier Level 9
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2014, 01:50:19 PM »
That's a source for some of it, what about the rest?

AstartesXXVI

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2014, 02:01:11 PM »
Really? I read the whole thing. But if you insist I will go find the rest of the scans.

robpro

• Heroic Tier Level 9
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2014, 02:02:54 PM »
I've heard some of those things for months, I'd just like to see where the info is coming from that confirms it. Shouldn't be too hard to post a few links, you could always include them at the foot of summaries you post in the future.