Author Topic: Shocker...  (Read 12779 times)

Thefallen

• Heroic Tier Level 4
Re: Shocker...
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2014, 04:45:29 PM »
I too have a lot invested in the hobby but I can play with what I have. GW just won't get another penny from me if IG suck. Ill still play though. Ill just spend my money on playing tournaments and other non-GW games.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2014, 05:47:16 PM »
Wood Elves and Brettonia are getting brand new army books this year.. fyi Natka/Faeit are infamous for consistently wrong and/or inaccurate information.

shwnlyns

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2014, 05:54:53 PM »
Maybe it's just there isn't a GW store anywhere near here, but how profitable are their stores? When I lived in New York they put one in Syracuse and my friends and I went a few times but we mostly visited the local hobby shop and the GW stored closed shortly after. Maybe they should just try to be a model company and let selling their products be managed by people who know a thing or two about business.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2014, 06:05:41 PM »
Maybe it's just there isn't a GW store anywhere near here, but how profitable are their stores? When I lived in New York they put one in Syracuse and my friends and I went a few times but we mostly visited the local hobby shop and the GW stored closed shortly after. Maybe they should just try to be a model company and let selling their products be managed by people who know a thing or two about business.

Yea they had a lot of stores and even there own online forums in the LOTR era, then they shutdown their forums in like 2005 and also closed a ton of stores too. I agree that it would be a lot easier for GW to close down all stores to eliminate unnecessary expenses, and let the rogue traders/ independent game stores do all the community buildup and sales. It would be far less headache and far more profitable.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2014, 08:01:20 PM »
I am not in any way apologizing for GW, nor do I, usually.

Your list is just wrong.

Could you pick me up a codex or possibly point me in a direction where I can get a 6th edition Squat codex?

Yeah, squats, that's it. I'll argue BT becoming part of SM was good for them. Legion of the damn is just IG with chaos. But Daemon hunters, which hunters really?  They became grey knights and adepitus soritas. C'mon dude, that's a lot of hyperbole.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2014, 08:17:22 PM »
Yea plus Tomb Kings have already received an 8th ed hardback book and new models just a few years back.. cancelling them now would be just absurd. I don't know why people keep feeding and eating these BS "rumor" threads.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2014, 08:48:51 PM »
Bros, the sky is not falling.  We've been through this stuff before.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

GossWeapon

• Epic Tier Level 22
  • Legendary Creature - Troll
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2014, 09:11:28 PM »
Remember when the 40k forums were about 40k and not Games Workshop accounting.  I'll admit, their prices are not always reasonable, and sure they have said openly how they do not care about balance in their games.  But shit, the games are still really fun to play man!
Tiger's Den founding member

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2014, 09:38:09 PM »
I am not in any way apologizing for GW, nor do I, usually.

Your list is just wrong.

Could you pick me up a codex or possibly point me in a direction where I can get a 6th edition Squat codex?

Yeah, squats, that's it. I'll argue BT becoming part of SM was good for them. Legion of the damn is just IG with chaos. But Daemon hunters, which hunters really?  They became grey knights and adepitus soritas. C'mon dude, that's a lot of hyperbole.

Nah. Lost and the damned is not IG with Chaos. You are pretty naive.

Which hunters?

I'm talking about Daemon and Witch hunters, those are the hunters I'm talking about. They are not the same army. With your logic, codex Chaos Space Marines shouldn't exist as you can just add Daemons to Space Marines.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2014, 10:45:17 PM »
I'm not sure you know what words mean

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2014, 10:54:27 PM »