Author Topic: Last minute Tyranid rumors?  (Read 17829 times)

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
Re: Last minute Tyranid rumors?
« Reply #90 on: January 15, 2014, 02:11:21 PM »
Seems to me like Tyrant guard got a lot more flexible, useful.  Like you could have a winged tyrant, have them sit with the guard for first turn protection, and then fly off first turn to attack.  You could even stick a Prime in unit as a relatively safe place to stick some synapse in your home blob. 

robpro

• Heroic Tier Level 9
« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2014, 02:17:06 PM »
I'd win his money 10/10. I doubt his Riptide with buff commander can handle a beating from a metal hive tyrant in a sock.

andalucien

• God
« Reply #92 on: January 15, 2014, 02:38:44 PM »
Seems to me like Tyrant guard got a lot more flexible, useful.  Like you could have a winged tyrant, have them sit with the guard for first turn protection, and then fly off first turn to attack.  You could even stick a Prime in unit as a relatively safe place to stick some synapse in your home blob.

Cool, so you can spend 300 points in order to very reliably make your gaunts into guardsmen.
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

andalucien

• God
« Reply #93 on: January 18, 2014, 10:41:44 AM »
Oh cool, looks like GW was worried about the Nids being overpowered, so they gave Space Marines preferred enemy and ignores cover against them.  Crisis averted.

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2014/01/first-look-dataslate-tyrannic-war.html
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Sam Butler

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: January 18, 2014, 01:28:46 PM »
Oh cool, looks like GW was worried about the Nids being overpowered, so they gave Space Marines preferred enemy and ignores cover against them.  Crisis averted.

well thats...   special...

shwnlyns

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: January 18, 2014, 05:45:31 PM »
Looks like Ymgarl Genestealers will be added in the Leviathan Rising dataslate that has a picture of one on the cover. So now that you already spent $50 on a book you will have to spend an additional $15 to use your old models. Oh wait, they say this is the first of a trilogy, assuming they all cost $15 means you may need to spend $95 on books to play your army. That's on top of the $80 basic rule book and escalation and stronghold assault books you might want to play with. Never mind the cost of models and paint, maybe one of the reasons their stock plummeted?

If they wrote one comprehensive rule book (like warmachine maybe?) and didn't charge ass loads of money for it, maybe they would attract more new players. I just hope that if a new edition is already in the works, they add some form of skirmish rules to play on a much smaller scale.

spoonsaur

• Heroic Tier Level 5
  • He who buys too much
« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2014, 01:34:18 AM »
at least i'm getting my ymgarls back but seriously fuck that space marine update
Name: Bryan "spoon" Dupuis
Club: Plainville

Tyranids 4000 points
Dark Eldar 5000 points
Sons of Solomon (ultramarines) 4000

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: January 19, 2014, 01:29:44 PM »

The ignores cover is a formation rule for the veterans firing on whatever a stormtalon is firing on not just Tyranids . ya a specialized unit to combat Tyranids  having preffered enemy hooks up with fluff. Is every space marine player going to take them in a tourney to combat Tyranids . I doubt it but I have been wrong before.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

andalucien

• God
« Reply #98 on: January 19, 2014, 02:50:42 PM »
Yeah, I'm sure this won't really hurt Tyranids, and who knows if anyone is going to allow these dataslates anyway.  It's just sort of symbolic... they somehow come out with a new codex which nerfs the army and makes it much worse than any other available army upon arrival, and then the next thing they release is a dataslate that lets certain armies pick on that codex even more.

robpro

• Heroic Tier Level 9
« Reply #99 on: January 19, 2014, 03:18:17 PM »
Looks like Ymgarl Genestealers will be added in the Leviathan Rising dataslate that has a picture of one on the cover. So now that you already spent $50 on a book you will have to spend an additional $15 to use your old models. Oh wait, they say this is the first of a trilogy, assuming they all cost $15 means you may need to spend $95 on books to play your army. That's on top of the $80 basic rule book and escalation and stronghold assault books you might want to play with. Never mind the cost of models and paint, maybe one of the reasons their stock plummeted?

If they wrote one comprehensive rule book (like warmachine maybe?) and didn't charge ass loads of money for it, maybe they would attract more new players. I just hope that if a new edition is already in the works, they add some form of skirmish rules to play on a much smaller scale.

Let me get this straight, you have to spend money to participate in a luxury hobby?

MM3791

• God
« Reply #100 on: January 19, 2014, 03:35:02 PM »
Breaking News: Businesses charge money for goods and services.

robpro

• Heroic Tier Level 9
« Reply #101 on: January 19, 2014, 06:02:15 PM »

Among other news - ice actually just frozen water and alcohol may impair judgement and find motor skills.

shwnlyns

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2014, 07:09:35 PM »

Among other news - ice actually just frozen water and alcohol may impair judgement and find motor skills.

And some companies stock drops 25% in a day because of stupid business practices, but whatever. Just looks to me like they released a crappy incomplete book to get people to spend more money on rules to make said book better. Maybe you're ok with it, but it irks me.

robpro

• Heroic Tier Level 9
« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2014, 07:51:31 PM »
Some companies stocks do drop that much in a day, and it's quite intentional. I wouldn't be surprised if this was part of some strategy.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #104 on: January 19, 2014, 08:36:46 PM »