Author Topic: Last minute Tyranid rumors?  (Read 17808 times)

andalucien

• God
Re: Last minute Tyranid rumors?
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2014, 08:51:55 PM »
Hmm that did make me think a little bit... :)   I don't get everything you're doing there but a couple light bulbs.
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Bill

• Paragon Tier Level 14
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Dark Star
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2014, 09:22:11 PM »
So the idea with the area is a few synergistic elements.

The lictors are used for their pheromone trail using infiltrate to try to get into a nice out of LoS place to help the mawlocs zero in without deviation. They are also great tools for killing weak deck chair units.

The bastion is where the real fun comes in, the venomthrope occupies the building expanding his 6" bubble and providing protection from his lurk instinctive behavior (he cannot run away if he is embarked). The hiveguard are up top shooting with their ignores cover str 8. Carnifex, mawlocs, crone, and hive tyrant are providing board control while the termagants supported by shrouding are a durable unit allowing the tervigon to outflanking using hive commander and get scoring into the back field.

The list needs testing and tweaks but i like what it does. It does have a scoring unit shortage but that is easy enough to tweak. If I have to, I can drop a carnifex for more scoring.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2014, 09:55:02 PM »
How does fearless work with IB? If a carnifex is out of synapse range and fails a test, what happens? I can't find anything in the book..

Bill

• Paragon Tier Level 14
    • Dark Star
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2014, 10:17:33 PM »
If I Carnifex fails, he has IB (feed) so he rolls on the feed IB chart. On 1-3 they take a number of hits equal to the number of models in the unit at the majority str ap-. So they may take a wound. 4-5 the unit cannot run or shoot and must charge the closest unit. On a 6, its the same result as 4-5 but they also gain rage.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2014, 10:19:14 PM »
Ok its just very oddly worded, when comparing synapse to fearless.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2014, 11:42:51 PM »
Yeah, same as always the MCs don't fear a loss of synapse but you still need a "synapase plan" for the gribblies.

Really feels like you should have been able to take more than one Prime per HQ choice, similar to heralds.  Or just outside the HQ structure like techmarines, or something.  Using them to head warrior units could have made those actually work, if you could get enough and they were cheap enough.

Bill

• Paragon Tier Level 14
    • Dark Star
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2014, 01:25:42 AM »
Yeah, same as always the MCs don't fear a loss of synapse but you still need a "synapase plan" for the gribblies.

Really feels like you should have been able to take more than one Prime per HQ choice, similar to heralds.  Or just outside the HQ structure like techmarines, or something.  Using them to head warrior units could have made those actually work, if you could get enough and they were cheap enough.

Agreed, the extra 50 pts for no reason didn't help either lol. /shrug who knows what is going on in their head. All I know is we have to work with what we have.

andalucien

• God
« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2014, 11:56:07 AM »
Putting a venomthrope in a Bastion - very cool idea.

If Stronghold Assault becomes more widely accepted, you can go even further with this with bigger buildings :)  Even the firestorm redoubt would give much wider shrouded coverage than a bastion.
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2014, 12:13:46 PM »
Putting a venomthrope in a Bastion - very cool idea.

If Stronghold Assault becomes more widely accepted, you can go even further with this with bigger buildings :)  Even the firestorm redoubt would give much wider shrouded coverage than a bastion.

Which makes no sense, btw.  I think it's a little silly that psychic powers, command ranges of various things get extended by being in a vehicle, but you'd think being in an enclosed building would actually reduce the spread.

BTW, for multipart buildings (mostly thinking fortress of redemption) I believe it would be only the section the venomthrope is occupying, not the whole thing. 

spoonsaur

• Heroic Tier Level 5
  • He who buys too much
« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2014, 06:06:22 PM »
played a game with the new nids today.

my thoughts

Biovores are boss

Hive guard are boss

Zoanthropes are meh
Name: Bryan "spoon" Dupuis
Club: Plainville

Tyranids 4000 points
Dark Eldar 5000 points
Sons of Solomon (ultramarines) 4000

andalucien

• God
« Reply #85 on: January 15, 2014, 11:49:30 AM »
Reecius from Frontline is offering a $100 cash reward to anyone who can beat his Tau/Eldar with Nids in a game... haha

Bill

• Paragon Tier Level 14
    • Dark Star
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2014, 12:15:12 PM »
His money is likely safe

Grimwulfe

• God
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2014, 12:20:25 PM »
How does Doom work if there is no longer a pod to drop in on?
Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing

andalucien

• God
« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2014, 12:43:41 PM »
How does Doom work if there is no longer a pod to drop in on?

Not a problem, GW took care of us there.  There is no Doom to go in a Pod, and no Pod to hold a Doom.

Grimwulfe

• God
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2014, 01:18:28 PM »
Ok then.
Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions