Author Topic: Last minute Tyranid rumors?  (Read 17785 times)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Last minute Tyranid rumors?
« on: January 06, 2014, 10:02:20 PM »
With the holiday + snowpocalypse last week, scheduling for me and GW is a little out of whack.  My Bug order goes in tomorrow and I've heard so many things over these past few months that may or may not be true.

Anything out there that tell us what's awesome and what's not?  Someone with an early copy of the book answering questions?

Four of the new kits are 70+ dollars.  Unless the model is super cool and or has solid rules (Riptide, Wraithknight, Centurions to a lesser extent) models in that price range don't fly off the shelf.  Are the Harpy / Hive Crone or Haruspex / Exocrine any good?  In my opinion the Haruspex is the worst looking kit they've made in forever... Fortunately the Exocrine is pretty good.

Just looking for tips on what players are thinking.

Thanks!
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Bill

• Paragon Tier Level 14
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Dark Star
    • Email
Re: Last minute Tyranid rumors?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 10:06:16 PM »
I haven't heard anything really with the exception of the harpy/crone seems pretty good. That being said; I hope my current list just gets better because I hate all the new models with the exception of the harpy lol

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 10:09:00 PM »
I like the Tyrant Guard a lot.  They're cool.  The new Carnifex is okay, I guess.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 10:13:30 PM »
Well Chase, these days GW has done a great job snuffing reliable rumor mongerers, so there is nothing that most can say that I'd bet money on. However, my personal belief is that Harpy/Crone will be popular since it adds two new fliers to the Tyranid army. I think nids have the most monsters in the game now, and no one knows what changes will happen to the existing units either.

andalucien

• God
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 10:17:11 PM »
Personally I'm hoping Tyranid Warriors become worthwhile... I've always wanted to play with them for some reason, and the new kits look great.  My fantasy was a bunch of Warriors dropping in mycetic spores but it seems Spores are out.   
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 10:17:39 PM »
The Harpy kit will definitely be popular.  Most / all Tyranid players will pick one up.  I just want to try and make sure I've got enough of them if they end up being a 2 or 3 of in most lists (sort of like the Necron flyer was at first).

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 10:18:21 PM »
Personally I'm hoping Tyranid Warriors become worthwhile... I've always wanted to play with them for some reason, and the new kits look great.

They've always been some of the coolest models in the army.  I hope they're awesome too.

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 11:31:26 AM »
rumors imply garbage.

Dalymiddleboro

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2014, 02:56:29 PM »
Yea, based on the leaked info the nids are looking pretty shoddy... A shame they took biomancy away, that's what was keeping them competitive...

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2014, 04:32:59 PM »
Yeah, but it wasn't great to see every MC want iron arm all the time, either.  But I agree, this isn't looking great, over all.

The flesh hooks/ spike banks seem pretty good, though. 

MM3791

• God
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2014, 06:34:09 PM »
Nids loosing biomancy isn't an issue with nids, it's an issue with the psychic schools being terribly imbalanced. Some schools suck hard and others just rock. I'm sure that will change. Also I think nids are getting their own schools so we just have to wait to pass judgement.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2014, 06:41:05 PM »
http://bloodofkittens.com/blog/2014/01/08/rumor-it-tyranid-codex-leak-compilation/

I'm really hoping people are missing something here, otherwise: WHAT IS GW DOING TO THIS GAME?????

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2014, 07:35:19 PM »
Looks to be on par with the Dark Angels codex.

spoonsaur

• Heroic Tier Level 5
  • He who buys too much
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2014, 10:22:16 PM »
this looks pretty sucky to me
Name: Bryan "spoon" Dupuis
Club: Plainville

Tyranids 4000 points
Dark Eldar 5000 points
Sons of Solomon (ultramarines) 4000