Author Topic: Last minute Tyranid rumors?  (Read 17760 times)

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
Re: Last minute Tyranid rumors?
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2014, 10:53:38 AM »
Sisters have decent codex -- everyone always thinks sisters are worse than they are, for some reason.

Anyway, I think tyranid primes are your answer for synapse.

andalucien

• God
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2014, 11:04:01 AM »
Sisters have decent codex -- everyone always thinks sisters are worse than they are, for some reason.

Anyway, I think tyranid primes are your answer for synapse.

Could be, but I don't think that takes us out of the "dire" category... price of Primes was hiked 50% with no improvements over last dex
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Bill

• Paragon Tier Level 14
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Dark Star
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2014, 11:30:54 AM »
You just need to think outside the box a little bit. I have plans.....

MM3791

• God
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2014, 11:40:31 AM »
I still have no idea why they didn't resurrect the whole 4th ed bio-morph system, it was the best.

andalucien

• God
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2014, 01:09:40 PM »

Interesting :)  Well, I'll be waiting to see what you come up with.
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

andalucien

• God
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2014, 01:20:59 PM »
Biovores seem like they could be REALLY REALLY good now assuming that the synapse issue can be tolerable (otherwise like gaunts they will just go to ground by themselves).

I think I will try 3 units of one Biovore each.

They went down 5 points, gained a wound, and basically their weapons now can never really miss. (if they don't hit anything, no 6" minimum space anymore, it just it makes a d3 spore mines, and doesn't specify that they can't assault THAT TURN).

Thefallen

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2014, 01:50:38 PM »
Looks to be on par with the Dark Angels codex.
Not really, dark angels are atleast semi-competitive. Plus they got cool units like DWknights and blackknights. It looks like the bugs got crap and are going to have to rely on supplements and IA 4 for anything decent. 

robpro

• Heroic Tier Level 9
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2014, 02:17:27 PM »
Remember when the Tau codex came out and people were upset that Vespids were still bad and Broadside railguns were only S8 AP1? Remember when the Eldar codex came out and people were upset that Harlequins and Howling Banshees didn't really get better?

Let's give the codex more than a few hours before we write it off.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2014, 03:00:04 PM »
Remember when the Tau codex came out and people were upset that Vespids were still bad and Broadside railguns were only S8 AP1? Remember when the Eldar codex came out and people were upset that Harlequins and Howling Banshees didn't really get better?

No, I DO NOT remember that.  I remember a few people saying silly things -- someone on the internet is always saying silly things.  But it was very obvious to most good players that it was a very powerful codex right away.  It is much more obvious that this codex sucks.  And presuming GW wants to sell tyranid models, that makes it obvious that they really don't understand their own game. 

robpro

• Heroic Tier Level 9
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2014, 03:10:41 PM »

No, I DO NOT remember that.  I remember a few people saying silly things -- someone on the internet is always saying silly things.  But it was very obvious to most good players that it was a very powerful codex right away.  It is much more obvious that this codex sucks.  And presuming GW wants to sell tyranid models, that makes it obvious that they really don't understand their own game.

You just said you do not remember that... then you said you remembered it?

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2014, 03:22:29 PM »
No. 

Cryptognomicon

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2014, 05:54:46 PM »
Not to add any more flames to this fire...but I specifically remember a lot of people saying that the units in the Tau codex had been nerfed and the codex was a wash. 

Give Nids a Chance!

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2014, 06:02:17 PM »
"Some people said it" isn't meaningful.  If you poll the US population, "Should baby eating be legal" at least 5% of people would say yes. 

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2014, 06:21:21 PM »

This one quote has made me want to play Tyranids now.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

MM3791

• God
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2014, 08:46:12 PM »
Here's a jolly ol' battle report for the new nids. It's actually two in one since the first game went by so fast. The second game the nid player started with 500 more points then the taudar and it was still close lol. \Enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQQGcgJ5PZ0

To be fair, the problem isn't solely with the nids, it's with how drastically Tau markerlights effect the meta. Any weapon that can remove cover, it's like "why even bother using terrain?"
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 08:52:39 PM by MM3791 »