Author Topic: Last minute Tyranid rumors?  (Read 17679 times)

andalucien

• God
Re: Last minute Tyranid rumors?
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2014, 10:22:49 PM »
Sounds pretty discouraging so far all right.   Of course not going to give up on it until I see the codex but it's looking like my decision to avoid painting up the rest of Hive Fleet Ophiotaurus might have been wise.

I feel for whoever actually made a spore army from alternate (or homemade) models for the last codex...  I guess GW really taught those people a lesson.
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Bill

• Paragon Tier Level 14
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Dark Star
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2014, 10:33:07 PM »
I don't know, I think a very sneaky and hard hitting army is possible here. I like the mawlocs a lot and the biovores are still solid. Venomthropes can provide crazy durability but as usual; ignores cover is king. I am not giving up hope by a long shot but there is a lot I am very disappointed with and it is pretty clear; a very different army is going to be good now. I am happy that it appears I won't need an executive assistant to keep track of my powers. Like Andalucien, I will wait for the book before I start crying woe is me. There are alot of missing pieces to the puzzle.

andalucien

• God
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2014, 10:39:06 PM »
I don't know, I think a very sneaky and hard hitting army is possible here. I like the mawlocs a lot and the biovores are still solid. Venomthropes can provide crazy durability but as usual; ignores cover is king. I am not giving up hope by a long shot but there is a lot I am very disappointed with and it is pretty clear; a very different army is going to be good now. I am happy that it appears I won't need an executive assistant to keep track of my powers. Like Andalucien, I will wait for the book before I start crying woe is me. There are alot of missing pieces to the puzzle.

Haha, yeah the Mawloc did sound rather cheap and interesting.....   the only difference is the face, right Bill?  Wondering if I can make my Trygon into a Mawloc (it's an original Forgeworld Trygon... but....  there are casualties in every war...)
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

spoonsaur

• Heroic Tier Level 5
  • He who buys too much
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2014, 12:17:41 AM »
and after i made some badass spore pods and a parasite
Name: Bryan "spoon" Dupuis
Club: Plainville

Tyranids 4000 points
Dark Eldar 5000 points
Sons of Solomon (ultramarines) 4000

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2014, 11:50:29 AM »
Have they always had these 20 model gaunt sets?
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.

Bill

• Paragon Tier Level 14
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Dark Star
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2014, 12:34:02 PM »

Haha, yeah the Mawloc did sound rather cheap and interesting.....   the only difference is the face, right Bill?  Wondering if I can make my Trygon into a Mawloc (it's an original Forgeworld Trygon... but....  there are casualties in every war...)

Yes, just the face. Even if you didn't change it as long as you tell them what it is, no one will give you shit. If they do, you probably shouldn't be playing against them anyway

MM3791

• God
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2014, 01:22:02 PM »
Yea, as long as you're not using the same models to represent multiple unit types, no one will care.

andalucien

• God
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2014, 02:03:27 PM »
I think I would at least make a nod to the gaping nature of the Mawloc face, if not do a full on face graft.  If it's just the face conversion work is not too scary.  Magnetized face?  haha.

andalucien

• God
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2014, 03:57:09 PM »
Here's Mike Brandt's take...

http://whiskey40k.blogspot.com/2014/01/tyranids-early-reaction-from-long-time.html

Facepalm.  Really hard to read this.   Still waiting to read actual codex but hopes sinking. 

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2014, 04:24:19 PM »
like i said, garbage.

Just when I was thinking about playing more 40k.   Oh well.

andalucien

• God
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2014, 04:36:05 PM »
On the bright side, if you're the type of gamer who needs to be the "special unique snowflake" sometimes (like me), Nids are your army.

Erich

• Heroic Tier Level 5
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2014, 04:56:01 PM »
On the bright side, if you're the type of gamer who needs to be the "special unique snowflake" sometimes (like me), Nids are your army.

Tyranids or Dark Eldar  ;)

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2014, 06:36:11 PM »
I don't need things to be overpowered, but being a special and delicate snowflake is only fun if you stand a chance.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2014, 06:43:56 PM »
Mike Brandt is a very level headed guy, and not usually prone to hyperbole or "God damn, GW!" moments.  The fact that he was this negative really is saying something.

It sounds like they really just killed off tyranids.  I have no idea why. 

Dalymiddleboro

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2014, 08:30:43 PM »
At the very least Tyranids are the worst of all the new 6th ed hardcover books.