Author Topic: Last minute Tyranid rumors?  (Read 17811 times)

MM3791

• God
Re: Last minute Tyranid rumors?
« Reply #120 on: January 24, 2014, 10:04:03 PM »
So how the the local nid players finding the codex after playing a bit?

I haven't used it but have read the codex extensively, it doesn't look at bad as people thought. The gripe was mostly with loss of option choices, which I still agree.

Warriors and Genestealers are a lot better then people think, and certainly better then the guants, but you'll obviously invest more points for them.

Deathleaper+Broodlord+ SotW is probably the most powerful debuff in the game, it just may be tricky to pull off.

All the heavy choices are really good, and from a tactical perspective I think the Harpy/Crone is pretty good too.

The army requires a lot of synergy, even if you don't take IB gribbles, but still has a lot to offer.

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #121 on: January 25, 2014, 12:51:50 PM »
I haven't played yet, But I have some ideas, however it would involve buying some new models.  So I am going to wait until the supplements are out to see if that changes things before I buy anything.

spoonsaur

• Heroic Tier Level 5
  • He who buys too much
« Reply #122 on: January 25, 2014, 02:34:42 PM »
I am really liking them so far, yes i still miss my doom, ymgarl, and parasite but it looks like we'll get them back.

Spore mines are dirty now. I blew up a rhino and a predator with a single squad of 6 deep striking at 30pts

I have been running two spore mine clusters as my fast attack.

Biovores rock, a brood with barage str4 ap4 pie plate that you hope for to scatter because when it misses you spawn d3 spores, have a second biovore? flip the plate and hit another target or spawn d3 more.

Warriors have been beefed up.

The Mawlock now deepstrikes onto enemy models using a pie plate str 6 ap2. You didn't kill everything? try again for another pie plate str 6 ap 2. if after that nonsense people still live then you suffer a mishap

Name: Bryan "spoon" Dupuis
Club: Plainville

Tyranids 4000 points
Dark Eldar 5000 points
Sons of Solomon (ultramarines) 4000

MM3791

• God
« Reply #123 on: January 25, 2014, 03:12:16 PM »
I never thought of using two spore mine clusters for fast attack, I guess if you combine them with a Harpy and some Biovores then you could make a serious spore bomb army.

Yea the Mawlock, for all intents and purposes, functions as a large cannon blast that ignores cover. Players will be using his burrow ability all game long, its very similar to a long range shooting attack.

Contrary to popular belief, tyranids can put out a lot of long range attacks.. you just got to dedicate to it.

I think the codex will be solid, its just gonna take a few months for people to figure out which build that they like.. running duel flyrants with tervigon+guants is sooo 5th ed  ;D
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 03:16:40 PM by MM3791 »

spoonsaur

• Heroic Tier Level 5
  • He who buys too much
« Reply #124 on: January 25, 2014, 04:20:58 PM »
the tervigon hasn't been working well for me, 30 gaunts plus him eats up a good chunk

I would rather take some warriors to pop out of my mawlock tunnels

Tyranids 4000 points
Dark Eldar 5000 points

MM3791

• God
« Reply #125 on: January 25, 2014, 04:57:23 PM »
I would rather take some warriors to pop out of my mawlock tunnels

Only Trygons can create tunnels.

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #126 on: January 25, 2014, 05:36:32 PM »
my take so far is that the primary goal of GW for the book was an utter failure.

They reportedly had a motto on the board where they were developing the Nids "Every unit is viable"

Complete failure.

I am working on fixing it though, don't worry.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #127 on: January 25, 2014, 05:52:22 PM »
my take so far is that the primary goal of GW for the book was an utter failure.

They reportedly had a motto on the board where they were developing the Nids "Every unit is viable"

Complete failure.

I'm not even remotely convinced it's a failure, not until I see some hard tournament numbers. The last thing we need are people jumping the gun with comps and editing codices just days after release. Just chillax and wait

spoonsaur

• Heroic Tier Level 5
  • He who buys too much
« Reply #128 on: January 25, 2014, 06:48:57 PM »
hmm read that wrong on the mawloc he's still badass

Tyranids 4000 points
Dark Eldar 5000 points

tyranid warlord

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #129 on: January 25, 2014, 11:35:57 PM »
Well Ive read thru the nid dex some good some bad I was hoping for better updates to armor for the lads
and the weapons to have lower ap values but GW never makes cense Space Marines . I G and Orks will get
the better changes to there codexes and the rest of us so so .The bottom line is we play the game because
we love the game and the models see a painted army that you did on the field AMAZING.
I for one am not surprised by this codex the new models look cool and cant wait to get it all painted so I can get in a game or two or three =) . lets face it gang if GW followed the fluff for the nids no army could stand before it .

Anyway that's my two cense worth  ;D

Thefallen

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #130 on: January 26, 2014, 02:42:47 AM »
Here they come. Maybe this can ease the pain. :)
DATASLATE: TYRANID VANGUARD - RISING LEVIATHAN I (EBOOK EDITION) $14.99 
To the horror of the planetary governor of Satys, a Tyranid hive fleet has cut the planet off from Warp communication, and its creatures are infiltrating the furthest reaches of the planet. The irradiated jungles are being stalked by Lictors, while Genestealers are starting to infest the manufactorums. It is up to the planet’s two Catachan regiments as well as a small strike force of the Aurora Chapter to lead the planet’s defence. But the Hive Mind rapidly responds to the defenders’ tactics, and soon begins to overwhelm the Imperial forces...

About this Book: Leviathan Rising is the first book in a trilogy of Tyranid Dataslates, each of which details the different stages of Hive Fleet Leviathan’s assault upon the planet of Satys. This first installment showcases the vanguard organisms of the Tyranid fleet. It contains formations, missions and rules so that you can re-create the hideous invasion techniques of Hive Fleet Leviathan in your games of Warhammer 40,000.

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #131 on: January 26, 2014, 09:30:40 AM »

Complete failure.

I'm not even remotely convinced it's a failure, not until I see some hard tournament numbers. The last thing we need are people jumping the gun with comps and editing codices just days after release. Just chillax and wait

So you think every unit is viable?  Or did you assume I meant he powerlevel of the book?

Reading comprehension fail, either on my post or the bid book.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #132 on: January 26, 2014, 11:43:24 AM »
I think more Tyranid units are viable compared to most other codices.. like Daemons, CSM, Eldar, Tau and even Space marines have a lot of unviable units. This isn't news, and it didn't mean we "edit" those other codices when they came out.

robpro

• Heroic Tier Level 9
« Reply #133 on: January 26, 2014, 12:38:07 PM »
...does this mean I can write a new Necron codex where Triarch Praetorians, Lychguard, Destroyers, and Triarch Stalkers don't completely suck goats?

MM3791

• God
« Reply #134 on: January 26, 2014, 01:29:11 PM »
...does this mean I can write a new Necron codex where Triarch Praetorians, Lychguard, Destroyers, and Triarch Stalkers don't completely suck goats?

I'm not sure they suck, but just in case lets give them all a rerollable 2+ invul save.. ya know, just to be sure  :-X