Author Topic: Allies & Inquisitors  (Read 1279 times)

Erich

• Heroic Tier Level 5
Allies & Inquisitors
« on: December 04, 2013, 04:50:00 PM »
Wanted to keep this question out of the other running threads that sort of touch on this book...anyhow...

How does the Inquisitor Codex work in terms of the allies table? Or does it even matter?

If your primary detachment is Battle Brothers with your Allied Detachment and your Inquisitor Detachment...

But what if your Allied Detachment and Inquisitor Detachment are only "Allies of Convenience" or worse?

andalucien

• God
Re: Allies & Inquisitors
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 05:36:46 PM »
Units in a detachment treat units in any other detachment according to the ally matrix between those 2 detachments.

But yeah, this leads to significant rules loopholes which we haven't been talking about

If two detachments are allied to the main detachment by battle bros but convenience with each other, can independent cahracters both join a unit that came from the main detachment?  Unknown.

What if the main detachment includes 2 other detachments which are "come the apocalypse" with each other?  This literally would break the game, because there are no rules at all which describe how "come the apocalypse" units treat each other when they're on the same side.  (remember, it's not "desperate allies", it's the next level up from that, which there are no rules for b/c until now it wasn't possible)
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Erich

• Heroic Tier Level 5
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 05:44:13 PM »
Perhaps they need to change the term "come the apocalypse" to "Come the apocalypse OR under the order of the Inquisition"

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 05:49:27 PM »
The answer, by the way, is "no one knows, and GW didn't even think about it" which is part of how you know this codex is poorly thought out and shouldn't be allowed.

If I had to guess, I'd say you are still flat out barred from bring "come the apocalypse" allies, in any combination, in the same army, regardless.  This is just a guess, though.

The real question is can you join, for instance, Tau and Inq, who are desperate allies, to the same SM unit, for which they are both Battle Bros?  Would the unit fail to do anything on a 1/6 then? 

Who Knows?

andalucien

• God
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 05:55:01 PM »
You know, I'm not sure this codex is very good, guys.
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

andalucien

• God
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 06:02:01 PM »
Or:

"Yeah, I may not have played any games with the Inq codex to test it out, but I'm pretty sure that GW hasn't either."

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 08:08:12 PM »
I thought the inquisition codex had an allies matrix?

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 08:10:33 PM »
I thought the inquisition codex had an allies matrix?

it does, but it also functions independently of the primary and allied detachment rules