Author Topic: December Releases  (Read 3987 times)

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
Re: December Releases
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2013, 05:36:04 PM »
Just got off the phone with the rep.

The book containing superheavies is an EXPANSION and is meant to plug right into the existing rules.  They do allow for superheavies and gargantuan creatures.

Each player will have 1 "special slot" (I forget the name) in their FoC for the big nasty things.  It must be from your primary detachment.  There's supposedly a few equalizers, like a special Warlord chart to roll on if your opponent is taking one, +1 to seize the init, etc.

All the armies that don't currently have a big thing have a FW model that "approved" to take it's place.

Space Marines in all of their forms get............  A Thunderhawk.  I guess that lends some weight to the plastic T-hawk rumors.

Depending on how well the rules are written it might not be bad. It will give people a chance to take their big toys out more than once or twice a year. Would you by chance happen to know how much the book is going to cost? Also is it going to have the rules for the individual Super Heavies / Gargantuans or are you expected to buy the related Imperial Armour books?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 01:19:34 AM by Pat.H »
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2013, 05:52:37 PM »

The book containing superheavies is an EXPANSION and is meant to plug right into the existing rules.  They do allow for superheavies and gargantuan creatures.

Each player will have 1 "special slot" (I forget the name) in their FoC for the big nasty things.  It must be from your primary detachment.  There's supposedly a few equalizers, like a special Warlord chart to roll on if your opponent is taking one, +1 to seize the init, etc.

All the armies that don't currently have a big thing have a FW model that "approved" to take it's place.

Space Marines in all of their forms get............  A Thunderhawk.  I guess that lends some weight to the plastic T-hawk rumors.

Depending on how well the rules are written it might not be bad. It will give people a chance to take their big toys out more than once or twice a year. Would you by chance happen how much the book is going to cost. Also is it going to have the rules for the individual Super Heavies / Gargantuans or are you expected to buy the related Imperial Armour books?

The super heavy escalation one is $49.50

The fortifications one is $33

Supposedly the data sheets for the fortifications ARE in there (because they haven't been in book form as of yet)

As far as the super heavy one... maybe? I assume GW still wants you to have to buy the apocalypse book as well. But maybe if there's only 16 options they will include those?

I'd say GW needs to add SOME game content to justify the price but all the other supplements have been 90% fluff so who knows

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2013, 06:30:55 PM »

Depending on how well the rules are written it might not be bad. It will give people a chance to take their big toys out more than once or twice a year. Would you by chance happen how much the book is going to cost. Also is it going to have the rules for the individual Super Heavies / Gargantuans or are you expected to buy the related Imperial Armour books?

$49.50.  It's also being allocated so if people definitely know they want it please let me know so I can request more.

If it matters, more than 2 events in 2014 will allow superheavies.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 06:33:16 PM by Chase »
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Chancetragedy

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2013, 07:30:14 PM »
Do you happen to know if the "barrage template" the apoc one or a normal 40k one?

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2013, 07:47:05 PM »
I think they are but I'm not certain.

shwnlyns

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2013, 08:29:02 PM »
What are the chances Titans are included in this escalation craziness, and how do I go about gathering up $400 without the wife asking where three months of the cable bill went.

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2013, 08:33:20 PM »
What are the chances Titans are included in this escalation craziness, and how do I go about gathering up $400 without the wife asking where three months of the cable bill went.

II think eldar and dark eldar have access to certain titans in this supplement. And the CSM walker and orc stomps are in there as well

andalucien

• God
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2013, 09:32:52 PM »
I can't help it... I am getting EXCITED....
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

andalucien

• God
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2013, 09:39:40 PM »
This is at least possible to do well (see Colossals in Warmachine).  Will GW do it well?  I'm betting no, but hey, MAYBE.
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2013, 04:47:20 AM »
The rep does a good job of convincing me stuff will be cool.  It's his job... and I want to believe... but the stuff does sound cool.

My hope is that there's more in the book than he could tell me in 17 seconds.

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2013, 07:32:09 AM »
I doubt it will be allowed in most tournies.

Depends, maybe it will become a Scenario specific deal. I remember playing tournaments where one scenario allowed you to play a larger amount of points than the others, maybe this will go the same way; but I think you are right and this is not something a lot of TO's will jump on. We'll see.

In principle I like what they are doing here.

Cheers,
Alan
But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2013, 09:55:42 AM »
The rep does a good job of convincing me stuff will be cool.  It's his job... and I want to believe... but the stuff does sound cool.

40k is silly now, why not include one big thing per army.

Typhus

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2013, 01:23:48 PM »

I like cool and ridiculous things.

But I have to be honest here, this is stupid.  A Thunderhawk can take on armies all by itself, and the inclusion of things that most people can't easily take care of just ruins the fun.
0000 - Rest Period - BUT YOU BETTER NOT SPEND FOUR WHOLE HOURS SLEEPING. IF YOU DO YOU ARE NOT ANGRY ENOUGH AND TOMORROW YOU GET THE FIRST CHANCE TO PLAY PIN THE TAU ON THE CARNIFEX.

Typhus

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2013, 01:26:21 PM »
*40k expansion for regular games of 40k
*Full Rules for 16 Lords of War in a 96page Hardback Release
*Adds a new "Lord's of War" slot to every armies Foc
*Allows certain Super-Heavy units to be fielded in standard 40k games
*Destroyer Weapons

Escalation gives each army access to at least one Lord of War that are for 'regular' 40k games. There appears to be a difference from Apocalypse and regular 40k games, but the exact rules for them I do not know. Any Lords of War though are expensive in points, and I have been told that the Khorne Lord of Skulls matches the point value found in apocalypse, sitting at 888pts.

There are only certain units that are in escalation, so no others are allowed for regular 40k games. There are only 16 listed in the new book. As to the point level of the games, there is mention of 1500 or 2000pt games. Here are the known models that can be used for regular games in Escalation.

Imperial Guard-Baneblade or Shadowsword
Chaos Space Marines-Khorne Lord of Skulls
Space Marines: Thunderhawk
Tyranids: Harridan
Eldar and Dark Eldar: Revenant Titan
Necrons: Necron Obelisk
Ork: Stompa
0000 - Rest Period - BUT YOU BETTER NOT SPEND FOUR WHOLE HOURS SLEEPING. IF YOU DO YOU ARE NOT ANGRY ENOUGH AND TOMORROW YOU GET THE FIRST CHANCE TO PLAY PIN THE TAU ON THE CARNIFEX.

Typhus

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2013, 01:29:17 PM »
Even worse?

The fortifications book has upgrades to existing platforms. 

Skyshield Landing Pad (can be upgraded to start a flyer on it)

Helldrake on turn 1.  YAY.