Author Topic: Space Marines!  (Read 6624 times)

Typhus

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
Re: Space Marines!
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2013, 09:32:43 PM »
BT got a HUGE hug in this edition and are pretty damn good now.
0000 - Rest Period - BUT YOU BETTER NOT SPEND FOUR WHOLE HOURS SLEEPING. IF YOU DO YOU ARE NOT ANGRY ENOUGH AND TOMORROW YOU GET THE FIRST CHANCE TO PLAY PIN THE TAU ON THE CARNIFEX.

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2013, 12:25:41 AM »
I took an older 1850 list I had and did the list with the new Codex.

Old List Total: 1850

New List Total: 1662

Point Difference: 188

These are exactly matching lists so New stuff (like Flakk Missiles) were not included and points were kind of tossed around in the old list since I had nothing to spend it on.

Throwing points around and optimizing the list for the new edition without adding any new units.

New List (Semi-Optimized): 1582

Difference with old List: 268

This is a Huge Difference. I am very excited about the new options and what you can do with the new codex.

I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2013, 01:08:35 AM »
Save 15% or more by switching to Geico Marines.

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2013, 09:54:01 AM »
Flipped through the codex, kind of irked that some of the exact some units are cheaper in the new book than in C:DA book.
http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/

Warhammer 40k
6,914 pts Waaagh Dakkagut (Goff Orks)
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   
     183 pts Protectorate of Menoth

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2013, 10:04:53 AM »
Flipped through the codex, kind of irked that some of the exact some units are cheaper in the new book than in C:DA book.

yup, DA (dumbledores army) got hosed even more.

tac and scouts at the same price but with cool chapter tactics

sternguard

white scars and ravenwing there still some debate going on, white scars seems better overall but they dont have banners or black knights

GW missed the boat big time if they wanted to sell terminator models, Deathwing could have been awesome... i guess better luck next edition.

jahatch28

• Email
« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2013, 12:53:07 PM »
It does seem like they didn't think this Dark Angels thing through very well.. and yeah, unless you only want Terminators (and don't want to play Grey Knights) then there isn't as much in DA for you... I like the idea of the terminators and bikes working together but the point of the bikes (speed, toughness) is kinda unnecessary if you are deep striking terminators turn 1 .... have to look more closely at options for White Scars to see how it pans out..

Destecado

• Email
« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2013, 04:16:56 PM »
Heard that there was suppose to already be an FAQ out for the new codex, but I don't see anything on GWs site.   Anyone know if Auspex are cumulative?  Is it also automatic?  The entry says Auspex can be in leu of shooting, but makes no mention of having to make a sucessful shooting attaxk to use.  If so, I like . Very useful against jink saves.

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2013, 06:56:17 PM »
So if you look under Drop Pods in the new Space Marine Codex. It says they do not lose a Hull Point when touching down and becoming Immobilised. Games Workshop is being Clear and Concise on a couple of things o_O.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2013, 07:19:18 PM »
So if you look under Drop Pods in the new Space Marine Codex. It says they do not lose a Hull Point when touching down and becoming Immobilised. Games Workshop is being Clear and Concise on a couple of things o_O.

i saw that! nice they are actually clearing a few things up, one major tournament ruled it the other way (adepticon maybe?)

Typhus

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2013, 07:39:22 PM »

It hasn't been that way for a while.
0000 - Rest Period - BUT YOU BETTER NOT SPEND FOUR WHOLE HOURS SLEEPING. IF YOU DO YOU ARE NOT ANGRY ENOUGH AND TOMORROW YOU GET THE FIRST CHANCE TO PLAY PIN THE TAU ON THE CARNIFEX.

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2013, 08:19:33 PM »

It hasn't been that way for a while.

It depends where you look the official Games-workshop FAQ hadn't touched the topic at all. And if you look at the Blood Angels FAQ that has just been updated it has not been included yet either. The Space Marine Codex is the first time they have made a clear statement that you do not lose a hull point when it touches down. Looking through the Codex I actually do not see much in the term of FAQ material.

Heard that there was suppose to already be an FAQ out for the new codex, but I don't see anything on GWs site.   Anyone know if Auspex are cumulative?  Is it also automatic?  The entry says Auspex can be in leu of shooting, but makes no mention of having to make a sucessful shooting attaxk to use.  If so, I like . Very useful against jink saves.

Its like a Signum in terms that you have to declare you are using it. Do you need to roll dice for it to take effect. No. Say a Captain has it instead of shooting he makes an enemy unit's cover save 1 less within 12" no rolling involved. I would think its Cumulative but the only guys who can take it are HQ choices so the most you can get is 4.(2 HQ slots and 2 Techmarines)

Flipped through the codex, kind of irked that some of the exact same units are cheaper in the new book than in C:DA book.

I really don't see anything that is exactly the same and are different in point cost. I think you may be looking at the Bikes which the Dark Angel Ravenwing have Scout, Grim Resolve, and Hit and Run as default while the Regular Space Marine Bikes don't get any of that which would account for the point difference. As for the White Scars Chapter Tactics well ya White Scars lore wise were always better bike riders than Ravenwing.

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2013, 10:10:11 PM »

I really don't see anything that is exactly the same and are different in point cost. I think you may be looking at the Bikes which the Dark Angel Ravenwing have Scout, Grim Resolve, and Hit and Run as default while the Regular Space Marine Bikes don't get any of that which would account for the point difference. As for the White Scars Chapter Tactics well ya White Scars lore wise were always better bike riders than Ravenwing.

There were a couple of things.  The only one that I recall off my head is a lvl 2 librarian is more expensive for DA.  There were a couple of other things.

http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/

Warhammer 40k
6,914 pts Waaagh Dakkagut (Goff Orks)
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   
     183 pts Protectorate of Menoth

Thefallen

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2013, 12:01:43 PM »

There were a couple of things.  The only one that I recall off my head is a lvl 2 librarian is more expensive for DA.  There were a couple of other things.
Well DA libbies are better thats why we pay 10 more pts. Da libbies have, access to divination, fearless, and preferred enemy csm standard. Not to mention DA libbies can take PFGs and infravisors.

Thefallen

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2013, 12:54:49 PM »
yah i guess orcs are pretty universal and hard to say "hey you stole that" but terrans and zerg are pretty close to space marines and tyranids. but then again tyranids are pretty close to the bugs in starship troops and i think that book pre-dates gw
Starship troopers was a great book but horrible movie. I may have to find it for a reread. Its been a long time... Crap im old. Thanks for reminding me... :)