Author Topic: Space Marines!  (Read 6625 times)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Re: Space Marines!
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2013, 04:32:40 AM »
Chase can you order me a sterngard vet box?

Sure, but you're one of the few people who I don't know by name here on the forums.  :)

Shoot me a PM or an email with your name and you're good.  Manville RI, so I assume you'd like to pick it up in Plainville?

A second small order will be going out tomorrow afternoon, so if anyone needs anything last minute please let me know.  I don't think I got enough books.  :/
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

NateT

• Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2013, 09:56:27 AM »
I really appreciate that so many of you have taken the time to let me know what you'd like.  It helps me out SO much.  Thanks!

And we really appreciate the advance consideration and planning, Chase!

Thanks for helping us get our fix of our little toy soldiers... Or, thanks for enabling our expensive addiction...

Either way :)

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2013, 01:59:06 PM »
I really appreciate that so many of you have taken the time to let me know what you'd like.  It helps me out SO much.  Thanks!

And we really appreciate the advance consideration and planning, Chase!

Thanks for helping us get our fix of our little toy soldiers... Or, thanks for enabling our expensive addiction...

Either way :)

Either Way someone should buy Chase a beer.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2013, 02:03:04 PM »
John Walsh got me a bunch of beer not too long ago.  It was awesome!   ;D

I love being genuinely excited for product launches.  Space Marines and the new Magic set have me psyched.  Here's hoping people end up loving the stuff.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2013, 12:42:16 AM »
Too much isn't going to be enough.  I'll be going to Abington to loot a couple more boxes of everything before swinging to Plainville.

As it turns out, Space Marines are popular.  Who knew?

MM3791

• God
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2013, 12:54:41 AM »
I called it a few pages back that the marines would also bring lobster.. they should be called lobster marines ::)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2013, 04:30:13 AM »
I guess Game On in Rhode Island didn't get any Space Marines and won't be getting them for another week (minimum).  I wish I had known this before some of their guys came in tonight, I would have ordered a bunch more.

Anyhow, they ate up a bunch of stuff intended for the wall.  A terrible problem, I know.  :)

MM3791

• God
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2013, 05:26:52 AM »
Yep, I will also say that I like the new StarCraft, Terran-esque feel to the new Space marines. The hunter/stalker looks like the legendary Terran Seige tank, and the Centurians resemble the firebats/mauraders.. not to mention the aircraft that have been added in the last year. Now if we can get a "Ghost"-type model I think we could have a nice SC2 Terran themed army  8)

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2013, 09:27:38 AM »
Yep, I will also say that I like the new StarCraft, Terran-esque feel to the new Space marines. The hunter/stalker looks like the legendary Terran Seige tank, and the Centurians resemble the firebats/mauraders.. not to mention the aircraft that have been added in the last year. Now if we can get a "Ghost"-type model I think we could have a nice SC2 Terran themed army  8)

the only difference is the seige tank is one of the best units in the game and the hunter tank you are never going to see in a game

i guess it's payback? since didnt GW sue blizzard because they supposedly modeled starcraft after 40k

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2013, 09:45:06 AM »
Chase, do you think their will be a store codex to thumb through?

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2013, 10:23:02 AM »
Chase, do you think their will be a store codex to thumb through?

Maybe.  One of PV's books had a little bit of damage on it.

For better or worse they're all shrink wrapped.  After this weekend we should have a decent idea of how many we'll go through this week.  If either store has more than expected there's a fair chance we'll open one up for the stores.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2013, 01:55:25 PM »
the only difference is the seige tank is one of the best units in the game and the hunter tank you are never going to see in a game

i guess it's payback? since didnt GW sue blizzard because they supposedly modeled starcraft after 40k

I'll wait to reserve judgment on the hunter/stalker.. but if you take an allied victicare assassin then you get a ghost!

Blizzard based Warcraft/StarCraft directly on Warhammer Fantasy/40k. Blizzard originally tried to obtain a Warhammer liscense from GW, but it never happened because Blizzard could not negotiate a deal with GW.. you can read about it here http://kotaku.com/5929161/how-warcraft-was-almost-a-warhammer-game-and-how-that-saved-wow   
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 01:58:39 PM by MM3791 »

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2013, 02:35:16 PM »
yah i guess orcs are pretty universal and hard to say "hey you stole that" but terrans and zerg are pretty close to space marines and tyranids. but then again tyranids are pretty close to the bugs in starship troops and i think that book pre-dates gw

shwnlyns

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2013, 03:57:27 PM »
So can anyone tell me if Black Templar are worth playing? I've got some conversion ideas from pics online on to make a bad ass looking BT army, but it looks like from the speculation topic that ultras are going to be the best chapter to use, especially if you plan to run sternguard.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2013, 07:37:55 PM »
A handful of people were in the store today talking about running BT.  I'm not sure if it's because they're fans, because the new models look outstanding done up in black and white, or if it's because the BT chapter tactics are good.