Author Topic: Tyranid Rumors! likely next after Space Marines  (Read 7206 times)

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
Tyranid Rumors! likely next after Space Marines
« on: August 14, 2013, 11:24:29 AM »
The Hivemind is drawing closer.  Here is the latest batch on the Tyranids.

Altered FOC to help counter the lack of Allies. 3 HQ, 4 Elite, 6 Troop, 4 Fast, 4Heavy. Purchasing the 3rd HQ choice unlocks the extra Elite, Fast, and Heavy slots.

Termagants – Gain Fleet. New 10 unit box. Includes options for Spike rifles and Strangleweb. Curled tails. No rippers on sprues.

"BIG BUG" – Larger than Tervigon sized HQ unit. Oval base, hunched over, but wider. Has 18” synapse. Psyker 4. Prime version: Grants FNP and Counter Attack to Nids in 12.” Stats like Tervigon, except 2A. SitW

Two new Tyranid psychic powers lists. One list is destructive powers, one is augmentative powers.

Tervigon – Upgrade options for Termagant spawns to give them full options, but they are quite pricey.

Tyrant Guard and Hive Guard -Dual-build plastic kit. 3 models. All options for either unit.

Lictors – small point increase, gain new “Surprise!” rule (all shots against Lictors the turn after they appear are snap shots). DeathLeaper now an upgrade character.

Tyranids are after Space Marines

Tyranids will be receiving a large plastic monstrous creature.
-the new kit in comparison to the Tyrannofex will have similar size ratios as the Wraithknight to the Wraithlord

-Tyranids are after Space Marines
-Look for them before the end of the year

New Minis:
Tyranid Prime (finecast)

Harpy. Roughly size of the heldrake. Pretty much looks like the picture in prior codex.

Doom of Malantai (clamshell package)

Parasite of Mordrax (clamshell package)

Termagant sprues recut for more options (some chatter says Genestealers)

Mycetic Spore

New "Big Bug" kit (Because every army needs one!)

New Rules:
Pyrovore gains Torrent and a steep points reduction.

Hiveguard gain Skyfire

MM3791

• God
Re: Tyranid Rumors! likely next after Space Marines
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 11:40:35 AM »
As always I think I'll wait before I make judgment, still seems far off. It will be nice if you can alter stats on the bugs like in 4th ed codex, imo the entire 5th ed was the worst.

However Psyker 4 is seriously awesome, oddly enough I feel like I'm the only person at BG that likes to field pyskers lol

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 11:44:59 AM »
As always I think I'll wait before I make judgment, still seems far off. It will be nice if you can alter stats on the bugs like in 4th ed codex, imo the entire 5th ed was the worst.

However Psyker 4 is seriously awesome, oddly enough I feel like I'm the only person at BG that likes to field pyskers lol

Nid psykers are pretty amazing right now, they certainly don't need a codex more than Orcs or Sisters but since when has GW ever made sense

MM3791

• God
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 11:51:20 AM »
Nothing is better then Level 4 Psyker!!!  8)

Grimwulfe

• God
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 11:56:05 AM »
Runic Weapon > Level 4 Psyker
Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing

andalucien

• God
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 12:08:01 PM »
... until the new Space Wolves codex comes out and Runic Weapon becomes something like, "One use only.  Take a leadership on 5d6.  If you pass, you may add 1 to your deny the witch roll."
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Grimwulfe

• God
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 12:12:13 PM »
I have full confidence the SW codex will not dissapoint.  But for the time being Runic Weps for the WIN!!!!

andalucien

• God
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 12:14:30 PM »
Oh yeah, I bet it will be awesome.   For example, I'm imagining a wolf the size of a Tervigon, called the "BaleWolf", or something like that...  but, you would think they would definitely nerf the runic weapons.
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Grimwulfe

• God
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 12:18:26 PM »
LOL I am imagining something similar or giant robotic wolf with SM inside of a SM insdie of another SM

Chris

• Heroic Tier Level 7
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2013, 12:19:31 PM »
Nope, it is going to be a giant werewolf.  Maybe wearing a wolf skull for a helmet.
We do not stop playing because we get old. We get old when we stop playing.  -Benjamin Franklin

When you come to the end and you can't go any farther, you've got to go over the wall. Gotta see what's there.  -Gary Gygax

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2013, 12:24:48 PM »
That shoots AP2 wolf pups as ammunition

hudhouse

• Heroic Tier Level 1
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2013, 05:03:25 PM »
I hope the Swarmlord would be a Psyker 5, or maybe Malantie, either one makes a lot more sence then a new Psyker 4 bug!

MM3791

• God
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2013, 01:58:34 AM »
I extremely doubt that, Lvl 5 doesn't exist in any codex. Lvl 3 is the highest on unnamed characters and Lvl 4 only exists on special characters.

If Tyranids come this year, then it won't be until Nov. Sept is Space Marines, Oct will be fantasy book, and Dec HOBBIT 2!! Lol

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2013, 10:47:43 AM »
More Tyranid rumors, i had wondered if anything was going to get torrent and sure enough Pyrovores are now rumored to have it

We are getting some details to really the biggest question of them all for Tyranids, and that is how are Tyranids going to handle allies. Essentially it was widely perceived that Tyranids got the bum deal at the onset of 6th edition, simply because they were the only army stuck by themselves with no ally options. With rumors starting to come in that Tyranids would be able to ally with themselves, I wanted to know more.

Finally some details on what we might be seeing in the new codex. A huge thanks to our source, for helping stay on track and with some details for Tyranids.

Please remember that these are rumors

via a strong source here on Faeit 212
Tyranids, at least at current can ally with themselves essentially.
They have the standard:
2 HQ
6 Troops
3 Elites
3 Fast Attack
3 Heavy Support

And can take an optional

1 HQ
2 Troops (not minimum 1, up to 2, but instead MUST take 2 and then...)

And if they do, it unlocks
1 Elite
1 Fast Attack
1 Heavy Support.

Only an HQ from the core can be warlord.

Then the diversity comes into play.

Hive Fleets now have different rules (think chapter tactics). Your secondary brood can be from a different hive fleet. Not representing two fleets working together, just similar evolutionary strains.

There are also army wide FoC changes based on your Hive Tyrant. Wings give you the option to take Gargoyles as your compulsory troops (so max 2) for instance.  Bonded carapace let's you take Carnifex's as elites as well as heavy support (but can't be more than a certain number of points, so they end up kinda baby).

They have some really cool adaptations for skyfire.

Warriors can be purchased as sergeant style upgrades for gaunts and gargoyles. They get the biomorphs of the brood and are not attached like wolf guard.

Tyrannofex will see a points decrease.

Pyrovore will see torrent.

Ranged biomorphs contribute to a model's close combat.
Melée biomorphs enhance a model's ranges attacks.
You take some biomorphs that affect both, like +1 str to both.
But having a gun makes melée better and having melée weapons improves your guns. There's some new synergy there. Mostly for big bugs.

Psychic ability is a lot worse than what it is now, but it'd be difficult to explain and just upset people who don't have the whole picture.

All of this is subject to change and about a month old.

Bill

• Paragon Tier Level 14
    • Dark Star
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2013, 11:34:39 AM »
Very excited to see the new book and what they do with it. So far I like what I see.