Author Topic: Public Service Announcement: Pacific Rim  (Read 1231 times)

andalucien

• God
Public Service Announcement: Pacific Rim
« on: July 14, 2013, 04:29:24 PM »
OK guys, you all need to do yourselves a little favor and go to see this movie called "Pacific Rim".  It's as close as you're going to get to a GOOD movie about Titans.

I mean, my wife enjoyed it, and she has no interest in 40k at all. 

But more to the point, I have a feeling many of the people who read this forum might identify with the people in this movie JUST A BIT.  And get JUST A BIT of a kick out of the action scenes...  truly epic.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 04:31:04 PM by andalucien »
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Battle-Bruvah Sillynoah

• Heroic Tier Level 5
  • Alfa Legion, 11th company
    • Email
Re: Public Service Announcement: Pacific Rim
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 06:42:21 PM »
I've been meaning to see it, but I haven't got around to it yet. it looks good though! :D
Club Affiliation: The Alfa Legion
Where I play: Abington

andalucien

• God
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 12:58:52 PM »
Oh lol, Bell of Lost Souls put up an article to the same effect, even using the term "Public Service Announcement".  I posted first :)
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Battle-Bruvah Sillynoah

• Heroic Tier Level 5
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 01:02:51 PM »
I watched Pacific Rim last night and it was awesome! I suggest that everyone sees it in theaters because the sound of each step the (Jaeger/kaiju) makes shakes the seats with sound! it is well worth the money to see it!

*SPOILER BELOW*

What did those Russian Jaeger pilots even do? I mean, they lasted, like what, 20 seconds in combat? I know they were piloting an old model but those things were still built to fight Kaiju! 

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 05:17:50 PM »
Remember, those were some of the first level 4s.  It was also the first "double event."

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Thomas callahan

• Order
  • Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 10:13:33 PM »
the russians also got double teamed dont forget that.

The chinesse lost because they dint see the claw on the end of the tail hiding in the water
Blood bowl W14-L14-T1
40K 0-0
Hords 2-1

Battle-Bruvah Sillynoah

• Heroic Tier Level 5
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 01:22:25 AM »
I'm just saying, it did little to no damage to the two kaiju. but then again, it was an older model, built to fight smaller kaiju, so I guess I can hand the two Russians some credit...

cole-slaw

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 03:39:44 AM »
noah, keep in mind that those russians also SURVIVED THAT LONG , and it was revealed that the first jaegers spewed radiation on their pilots. Cherno alpha was among the first jaegers. ill not stand for this disrespect to the coolest jaeger that ever graced that one movie!

Battle-Bruvah Sillynoah

• Heroic Tier Level 5
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2013, 11:13:59 AM »
noah, keep in mind that those russians also SURVIVED THAT LONG , and it was revealed that the first jaegers spewed radiation on their pilots. Cherno alpha was among the first jaegers. ill not stand for this disrespect to the coolest jaeger that ever graced that one movie!
Wait a second... wasn't that Jaeger affected by the EMP? That Jaeger was electric, not nuclear, and if it was nuclear, why didn't they(the Russian pilots) use protection from it?   

cole-slaw

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2013, 01:03:09 PM »
"Cherno Alpha is a Mark-1 Russian Jaeger. Piloted by Sasha Kaidonovsky and her husband Aleksis, Cherno Alpha is the last of the Mark-1 Jaeger series ...  Cherno's MGS112 Recharging Energy Cell, a nuclear reactor, holds unprecedented energy reserves and incendiary fuel, while acting as a strong decoy for a Kaiju seeking the Jaeger's head."

also, look up how emp's work.

Battle-Bruvah Sillynoah

• Heroic Tier Level 5
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2013, 10:03:50 PM »
"Cherno Alpha is a Mark-1 Russian Jaeger. Piloted by Sasha Kaidonovsky and her husband Aleksis, Cherno Alpha is the last of the Mark-1 Jaeger series ...  Cherno's MGS112 Recharging Energy Cell, a nuclear reactor, holds unprecedented energy reserves and incendiary fuel, while acting as a strong decoy for a Kaiju seeking the Jaeger's head."

also, look up how emp's work.
but Gypsy Danger(Who relies on Nuclear power) was Unaffected by the EMP, While the Russian Jaeger was Immobilized. I'm just telling you what happened.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2013, 10:59:31 PM »
In this movie about giant robots fighting sea aliens or whatever, it's critical to get this fact completely correct.

Battle-Bruvah Sillynoah

• Heroic Tier Level 5
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2013, 12:47:56 PM »
Worst Case Scenario, we found a plot error and have differing opinions of fictional characters.

cole-slaw

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2013, 12:51:17 PM »
i'm still not sure how any of this makes cherno alpha lame, still the coolest jaeger.

Battle-Bruvah Sillynoah

• Heroic Tier Level 5
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2013, 10:42:26 PM »
i'm still not sure how any of this makes cherno alpha lame, still the coolest jaeger.
I never said it wasn't a cool Jaeger, honestly, i'm just saying it went down faster then I wanted it to.
kinda' sorry for accidentally starting something of a flame-war in the forums  :-[
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 12:02:09 PM by Battle-Bruvah Sillynoah »