Author Topic: Epsilon Primaris Starting Positions  (Read 8149 times)

MM3791

• God
Re: Epsilon Primaris Starting Positions
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2013, 07:00:48 PM »
Ok gotcha, yea I totally forgot about the Lucifer pattern engine  :D

Vermillion

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Shinobi Tactics: Your daily dose of Ninja goodness.
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2013, 05:44:22 PM »

Update:
Brad Powers:
Army S1 is attempting to seize tile 33 (Dependent on game).

Samuel Butler:
New Army S2 built at 42

Steve D:
Army S1 has dug in to their position, neither losing points nor seizing tile 10.

Dependent actions and pending games
Steve D. W1 has been targeted by enemy AA guns! (Dependent on pending strafing run)
Steve D. W2 has been targeted by enemy AA guns! (Dependent on pending dogfight)
Dogfight @ 9 between Steve D W2 @ 17 and Andrew S. W1 @ 9
Strafing run @ 3 between Steve D W1 and Andrew S. S1
Brad Powers Army S2 is behind enemy lines (waiting for resolution).
Brad Powers Army S3 is behind enemy lines (waiting for resolution).
CORRECTION: Due to an oversight, there is a pending game between Sam Butlers S1 and Brad Powers S1 over tile 33

« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 03:03:01 PM by Vermillion »
Good men hear the call; Great men answer.

Sam Butler

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2013, 08:53:13 PM »

Update:
Brad Powers:
Army S1 has seized 33 due to an unanswered challenge.
Army S2 has taken initiative and seized tile 35.
Army S3 has run low on supplies, losing 300 points.

Samuel Butler:
Army S1 has seized empty territory 26.
New Army S2 built at 42

Steve D:
Army S1 has dug in to their position, neither losing points nor seizing tile 10.

Dependent actions and pending games
W2 has been targeted by enemy AA guns! (Dependent on pending dogfight)
Dogfight @ 9 between Steve D W2 @ 17 and Andrew S. W1 @ 9
Strafing run @ 3 between Steve D W1 and Andrew S. S1

I was never challenged...   Or never notified...   Um...   
Also I thought this was getting bumped back one week...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 08:54:48 PM by Sam Butler »

Vermillion

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2013, 09:26:03 PM »
For sake of disclosure, this issue has been handled in a phone call to both players and an issue with the turn for this planet was identified. A correction will be added to the FAQ and the two players now have a pending game.

Andrew JD

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2013, 01:27:06 AM »
The rules don't limit the number of targets the AA gun get in a turn, so shouldn't I be able to take shots at both Steve's Wing armies within one space? And wouldn't these attacks take place prior to other actions, such as dog fight or strafing run?

bradpowers

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • We are an ocean of rage. We are the Lamenters.
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2013, 01:37:38 AM »
I don't understand why I'm supposed to fight Sam's S1, as it just took a tile.  Wouldn't it make more sense for my S3 to fight his S2, as they're colocated?  Would that also mean that I don't have to lose those 300 points?  Verrrry confusing.
Too busy being AWESOME to listen to your whining.

Name: Brad Powers
Club Affiliation: BRAD CLUB
Where I play: Yes

Vermillion

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2013, 02:19:57 AM »
Brad: Sorry for the confusion, part of the reason you're seeing a lot of new information is because as I thought there were no games between you two I updated the map for the beginning of turn 2. Sam built S2 during turn 1, and it would normally place at the very end of 1st turn. Sam began turn 1 with only 1 army, which you can look at if you scroll up to the turn 1 placement. If it's less confusing I can remove all the more recent information. The reason it's up is so you guys can start planning for your turn 2. In the future when you have a game organized with an opponent for that week, I'll leave rolling things like army reconciliation (why S3 lost 300 points and why S1 took a tile without a challenge) rolls to you guys when you're filling out your reporting sheets.

Andrew S.: You're correct about shooting at multiple targets. I'll add that Wing being targeted as well. As far as when the AA guns go off, turns generally go 1. Move 2. Challenge 3. Reconciliation. So even if you lose the Dog Fight or Strafing Run, the AA gun will still go off. This can potentially destroy their army even if they win. After your games with Steve you'll actually be able to roll this together and report it on the form. For further clarification, AA guns do come first in reconciliation meaning that they help protect from bombing runs by shooting them before the bombing run is rolled.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 02:22:17 AM by Vermillion »

bradpowers

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • We are an ocean of rage. We are the Lamenters.
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2013, 09:58:19 AM »
That's fine, I'm just receiving contradictory information between my PM and here.  Sam's S1 army and my S2 makes no sense, as he'd have to move 3 tiles to get there.  The two challenges that do make sense would be my S1 vs his, as that's a 1 tile jump, or my S3 against his S2, as they are colocated.  If the latter, they should be fighting at full strength, as they wouldn't have suffered from the effects of not being in a challenge.
Too busy being AWESOME to listen to your whining.

Name: Brad Powers
Club Affiliation: BRAD CLUB
Where I play: Yes

Andrew JD

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2013, 11:04:51 AM »
it seems like alot of people are already geared up for turn 2 and steve and i are meeting tuesday to resolve turn 1. im sure we'll turn our second turn moves in then - will that be an issue?

Vermillion

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2013, 03:00:00 PM »
Andrew: Do you know what time of day that's going to happen? We're aiming to compile the turn around 6. As long as you can get the games in before we put up the new turn we can make room for you. IF it has to be later let me know and we can do what we can to make some more time. However if it's going to be really late then it may not work as we have to get the turn up that night.

Brad: Ok, I can see that a lot of this is being confusing from the reconciliation. So I've rolled back the map to before reconciliation. Also, yes you're correct about the game happening with Sam's S1. The wrong tile number was copied over. So the game will happen for both of your S1's. The map was actually labeled this way for that challenge if you look at Sam's post.

After your game I'm going to have you two roll the army reconciliation for 35 and 42 so you can work through the numbers together. This was reconciled originally because there were no games for you two in the week, however since it's causing so much confusion I'll have you guys roll it so you can both see the numbers. The placement of Sam's S2 will be dependent on whether he keeps tile 42, if not then he'll be refunded the points as normal. This should resolve all current problems with the confusion for the week 1 turn and no more changes will be made for it.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2013, 06:32:51 PM »
I actually misread my work schedule. I'm not free until wensday and thursday

Andrew JD

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2013, 08:27:12 PM »
Wellll, damnit. Looks like you don't have to wait for Steve and I. Random outcome it is!

Vermillion

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2013, 08:46:05 PM »
Sorry guys, we'd wait for you if we could but we have to be fair to all the other players. It's likely both of you will have a game next week as well. Maybe now is a good time to start discussing when you two will have time together.

Andrew JD

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2013, 08:54:50 PM »
Sorry guys, we'd wait for you if we could but we have to be fair to all the other players. It's likely both of you will have a game next week as well. Maybe now is a good time to start discussing when you two will have time together.

So now how do we go about doing our turn 2 moves and building? Since we now know we won't get the games in on time will we know the random outcome before turn 2 begins and turn in our next moves?

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2013, 09:25:16 PM »
As said before I'm free wensday and Thursday for future games this week.