Author Topic: Lucky 13  (Read 36133 times)

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
Re: Lucky 13
« Reply #150 on: July 29, 2009, 08:45:53 AM »
I usually just have a stompa throw them at each other, I call it anti-tank softball.

Also works on dreadnoughts and whirlwinds.    :P
~ Lead, follow, or get the HELL out of my way! ~

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
Re: Chapter 3
« Reply #151 on: July 29, 2009, 08:51:03 AM »
How's Saterday August 1st work for a game? Anyone?

Could work, evening though?
But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
« Reply #152 on: July 29, 2009, 08:54:30 AM »
  Might have to switch armies again.

Doesn't Slaanesh have storng heavy support chooses? Heavies often can handle armor pretty well. I don't know choas too well,but can the soul grinder, or something be used with Slaanesh?

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
« Reply #153 on: July 29, 2009, 08:55:31 AM »
Evening can work for me. What around 5ish?

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #154 on: July 29, 2009, 11:14:14 AM »
for the deamon codex they are fairly covered for anti-tank.  Slannesh is no slouch, the deamonettes get rending but only str 3 to start so they can mess with alot of stuff save the tuffies with some good rolls.

The deamon princes are monsterous creatures as are the greater deamons.  The soul grinder is just like the defiler except with a higher WS and initiative.  I just all depends on what you take.

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #155 on: July 29, 2009, 12:38:57 PM »
It also depends if he remembers to actually bring his army in or not.

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #156 on: July 29, 2009, 01:22:39 PM »
Evening can work for me. What around 5ish?

That should be fine. Any bad guys want to play?

Cheers,
Alan
But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #157 on: July 29, 2009, 04:55:31 PM »
I never seem to have problems with tanks in Apoc.. ;)

Yeah a big ass demon kinda negates the feeling of security one gets inside Tank.

Oh well, it's always funny to see!

And that is the spirit of Apocalypse!

I can't do 1st.  Maybe another time during August now that I have some free time.

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
« Reply #158 on: July 31, 2009, 12:34:04 PM »
So Saterday night around 6pm It's Alan and I will be there. Anyone else want to join in?

I'm thinking Allan vs me isn't really a fair fight haha.  ::)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 07:13:39 PM by Warpedfuzz »

blantyr

• Epic Tier Level 21
  • Bob Butler, former Abington guy
    • Wicke's Web
    • Email
« Reply #159 on: July 31, 2009, 07:34:40 PM »
So Saterday night around 6pm It's Allan and I will be there. Anyone else want to join in?

I'm tempted to show up with my Guard.  I've no superheavies or anything like that, but pairing with Alan that shouldn't be a problem.  If another Imperial player wants to join in, though, I could try my demons again.

What point total should I be thinking of?

Bob

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #160 on: July 31, 2009, 08:45:16 PM »
So Saterday night around 6pm It's Allan and I will be there. Anyone else want to join in?

I'm tempted to show up with my Guard.  I've no superheavies or anything like that, but pairing with Alan that shouldn't be a problem.  If another Imperial player wants to join in, though, I could try my demons again.

What point total should I be thinking of?

Bob

If Doug and I play Imperial and you take Demons, I will not bring any super heavies... sound like a plan?

What can you comfortably field? Doug and I will halve it...

Cheers,
Alan

blantyr

• Epic Tier Level 21
    • Wicke's Web
    • Email
« Reply #161 on: July 31, 2009, 10:37:23 PM »

If Doug and I play Imperial and you take Demons, I will not bring any super heavies... sound like a plan?

What can you comfortably field? Doug and I will halve it...

Cheers,
Alan

I'll say 3000, including some heavy support from the Ladies.  I don't mean to force you away from your own game, but I'm still figuring out how to make the Succubus Legion work.  I was fond of them as the fast attack element of a more balanced force.  Working them stand alone is still strange.

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #162 on: August 01, 2009, 12:48:26 PM »
Done.
       Doug you ready? Feel free to give me a call if you want mate.

Cheers,
Alan

blantyr

• Epic Tier Level 21
    • Wicke's Web
    • Email
Rules Exoitica
« Reply #163 on: August 03, 2009, 03:10:52 PM »
I tried slowing down Alan's Guard and Doug's marines again.  I'm told I'm doing better, but my last model died in the shooting phase of their turn 4.  More lascannon helped, but I've much more work to do before I can really make them sweat.  I think I'm going to have to break down and bring in more marines, fewer demons.  I didn't want to do this a my marines are all painted in imperial style and have fluff which favors the imperials.

We had some rule things come up with respect to Apocalypse stuff you don't often see in the vanilla 40K.  Going through three items...

I heard some people have been playing Disruptor Beacons as only effecting deep strike and demon summoning.  The rule is all enemies coming out of reserve.  This would include flank marchers, flyers, or on small tables even vanilla units entering the game from their own rear board edge.

I have always seen void shields played similarly to Dark Eldar shadow fields.  You have to resolve attacks one at a time, because after the shield goes down, it hurts more.  I was using Scheduled Bombardment to hit a large landing area protected by a void shield, the landing area being big enough that all five circles of the clover leaf template hit the shield.  The first hit was strong enough to take down the void shield.  In all games I've seen played, the other three hits would then get through to do damage to the target.  If Rob Sims or any other titanic regulars could comment, I'd appreciate it.  Alan had an interpretation where multiple hits from the same attack were discarded even after the void shield was down.

The convoluted one, though, was Long Range Ack Ack.  One is supposed to declare intent to use the stratagem at the start of an enemy movement phase.  It takes effect "immediately."  It can be used to target flyers.

I started out playing Eldar.   I've cast Guide and Fortune a lot.  To me, start of the movement phase means before any model has been moved.  Hard case opponents have often said one cannot use start of the movement phase powers if one doesn't declare them before any models are moved.  To me, resolving the attack immediately would also mean before any models have been moved.  That one can target flyers means one can target flyers.

Alan said he had seen 'start of the movement phase' played as at any point in the movement phase.  This is generous, but clearly wrong.  He wanted to play 'immediately' as meaning after the enemy player moves as many flyers as he feels like moving.  He wanted to play 'flyers' as 'flyers in flyer mode', as opposed to in in hover mode.  Granted, the rules for what a hit does may be different depending on whether one is flying or hovering, but 3 hits is still three hits, and he wanted to disregard the hits totally.  We eventually four plused it, but I honestly cannot see where Alan came up with his interpretation of a rather straight forward stratagem.

Anyone playing the current scenario might want to talk this over before playing.  The primary objective for this month is a flyer.  If the bad guys don't have an anti aircraft vehicle, Long Range Ack Ack is the major way available for the bad guys to contest the scenario.  It is a big deal as we've been playing things at BG.  If the Imperial faction turns the flyer away to avoid the ack ack fire on turn 3 in a straight game, the flyer can re-enter play on turn 4 and land on turn 5.  However, we've been playing 4 turn games.  Thus, the order player cannot turn away without conceding the major victory condition.  This scenario can turn on those three shots.

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #164 on: August 03, 2009, 03:44:17 PM »
Hey bob,

Let me see if I can offer an unbiased view to help, and the discussion can evolve a little more clearly from there.  Hopefully, this helps you next time any of these issues arise in one of your games.

1) Disruptor Beasons effect anything entering from something not classified as a players board edge, i.e. you can use it against any deep striking, summoning or flank marching units.  Flyers it becomes a null point as they can come in from any point and fly where ever they want, I guess it would matter for bombing runs but that is it.  But a player can always enter from his/her own board edge.

2) you are right about the void shields, If I fire three lascannons at a warhound with one void shield it drops first and is hit by the rest.  So, it would serve to reason that if a player was using void shield to cover a unit and it was hit with scheduled bombardment it would absord one of the clover templates and the rest would hit home.  Even though you do resolve hit all at once the void shield is like adding a wound to a build so it goes first.  What gave this void shield save to the units in the area?  because I would check to make sure that the units could even benifit from this or if it acted as a bunker of sorts.  Because I may even say as dumb as it sounds that the void shield only actually works for the landing pad itself, the units just claim cover.  But once again this is a rather rare situation for a unit to gain void shields.  its like giving a vehicle "feel no pain".

3) As for long range Ack Ack, flyers are moved in at the begining of the turn.  After this is when you would declare it.  Other wise how would you know there were flyers to use the asset on, and it is used on the turn a flyer enters the game.  So if there is a flyer on the board you can not target it.  Also, flyers with the hover mode option may only enter it at the begining of the movement phase.  So, flyers entering that turn my not also engage hover mode to avoid long range ack ack attacks. 

Alan, I am responding as I read the situation.  Maybe someone else can give some more infor on the situation and the assets involved.