Author Topic: Lucky 13  (Read 36157 times)

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
Chapter 3
« Reply #135 on: July 25, 2009, 08:38:33 PM »
How's Saterday August 1st work for a game? Anyone?
~ Lead, follow, or get the HELL out of my way! ~

Moosifer

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • Egotistical Co-Conspirator
Re: Lucky 13
« Reply #136 on: July 26, 2009, 01:09:17 AM »
The forces of Cato Sicarus and The 117th Lokirian Combined Arms platoon stepped forth on an imperial world deadset on holding the spaceport long enough for the important documents to be transferred.  The Ultramarines did their best against their ancient enemies, and valiantly held off what seemed like an endless onslaught by the tyranid tendril.  Necrons had appeared from their ancient sleep for reasons currently unknown, and many a techpriest was culled due to strange code corruption.  Using the tyranid distraction to make a dash for the pad, the forces of chaos were stopped cold by the combined might of the Ultramarines and the armor of the Lokirian forces.

So yea, 5000 points a side, Nids/Chaos/Necrons (Dave, Brandon, Ron) vs Marines/Guard(Bryan, Rick).  Order won 2 VP to 0.  Rick got 7 AAP, Bryan got 3 (He forgot his sternguard and captain) while Dave got 6, Brandon Didnt fight eldar ( that sucks), and Ron got 4 AAP ( we will say he said he wanted to wipe me out).

We need to get chaos some better AAP getting stuff

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
« Reply #137 on: July 27, 2009, 08:49:01 AM »
Cool thanks for the info. I'll write it down to keep track of. So an Order victory.
No way to change the AAP for Chaos. It is pretty unfair though I gotta admit.

blantyr

• Epic Tier Level 21
  • Bob Butler, former Abington guy
    • Wicke's Web
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: July 28, 2009, 09:40:22 AM »
The forces of Cato Sicarus and The 117th Lokirian Combined Arms platoon stepped forth on an imperial world deadset on holding the spaceport long enough for the important documents to be transferred.  The Ultramarines did their best against their ancient enemies, and valiantly held off what seemed like an endless onslaught by the tyranid tendril.  Necrons had appeared from their ancient sleep for reasons currently unknown, and many a techpriest was culled due to strange code corruption.  Using the tyranid distraction to make a dash for the pad, the forces of chaos were stopped cold by the combined might of the Ultramarines and the armor of the Lokirian forces.

So yea, 5000 points a side, Nids/Chaos/Necrons (Dave, Brandon, Ron) vs Marines/Guard(Bryan, Rick).  Order won 2 VP to 0.  Rick got 7 AAP, Bryan got 3 (He forgot his sternguard and captain) while Dave got 6, Brandon Didnt fight eldar ( that sucks), and Ron got 4 AAP ( we will say he said he wanted to wipe me out).

Was the order force another wall of tanks?

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
« Reply #139 on: July 28, 2009, 11:24:40 AM »

What's a matter Bob? Starting to get worried about armor? Welcome to my world. haha!

Moosifer

• Paragon Tier Level 11
« Reply #140 on: July 28, 2009, 11:33:08 AM »

Was the order force another wall of tanks?

Was a daemon force full of daemons?  I mean come on Bob, dont be bitter that armies play the way they do and not the way you want them to.

Also, at deployment there were 4 tanks on the board, and 2 transports, and the defense laser.  For the chaos side we had 2 Superheavy vehicles and a land raider.

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #141 on: July 28, 2009, 12:12:25 PM »
Just get some russes and paint em pink or glue a purse to the side sponson.  Show those imperial dogs what for!

blantyr

• Epic Tier Level 21
  • Bob Butler, former Abington guy
    • Wicke's Web
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: July 28, 2009, 01:43:26 PM »
Was a daemon force full of daemons?  I mean come on Bob, dont be bitter that armies play the way they do and not the way you want them to.

Also, at deployment there were 4 tanks on the board, and 2 transports, and the defense laser.  For the chaos side we had 2 Superheavy vehicles and a land raider.

The question was not bitter or not bitter.  The question is whether I should overload on lascannon next time I link up with Chaos.  In recent battles, chaos has lacked tank-killing.  If we want the games to be more balanced, this might best be corrected.

My Guard and Chaos armies can load up on anti-tank pretty good.  A few years back, I used to match up pretty well against Alan's vehicle heavy forces.  He used to cry like a little girl, though with Apocalypse ignoring force org things are very different.  I can't lean to anti tank with Kroot or Demons, though.  Might have to switch armies again.

Moosifer

• Paragon Tier Level 11
« Reply #143 on: July 28, 2009, 01:57:54 PM »

The question was not bitter or not bitter.  The question is whether I should overload on lascannon next time I link up with Chaos.  In recent battles, chaos has lacked tank-killing.  If we want the games to be more balanced, this might best be corrected.

It is not a matter of balanced games.  You try and bring a list to be fun and win.  As for tank killing, the whole warhound titan with two str d template weapons should be more than enough to take out any conventional armor that needs to be dealt with.

Edit:  I also think you not asking your teammates for what help you need.  Those carnifex's that Dave has with t7 and +d3 attacks on the charge are the PERFECT tank hunting unit.  In the turn they flanked marched he got 2 tanks and a dread.  They are perfect for what Dave has them do, and they scare me to bejesus

And talking with your partners about who is doing what is key to doing well in any apocolypse game so might want to talk about that when building a list for one of these games

« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 03:25:08 PM by Moosifer »

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
« Reply #144 on: July 28, 2009, 03:11:57 PM »
Ballanced games can make the game interesting to say the least, but good communication between players is key. I"m a firm believe in this. Alan and I have forces that compliment each others armies very well thats true, but we always take an email, or atleast phone call, or afew minutes before hand to plan an attack. Usually it works out in our favor.Sometime it has to be adjusted, but no good plan survies first contact completley, so we take a second and adjust it.  I have a list I like and have fun with it.
 Case in point:a warhound fell to my terminators last chapter. Bob than "danced" my commander into that same  vortex grenade. Was it fun? Hell yea! Did I get to down a titant? Yup that too.
 Fun is the main point and good communications help with a good plan. Period.

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #145 on: July 28, 2009, 03:18:42 PM »
I never seem to have problems with tanks in Apoc.. ;)

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #146 on: July 28, 2009, 05:08:53 PM »
I usually just have a stompa throw them at each other, I call it anti-tank softball.

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #147 on: July 28, 2009, 10:13:10 PM »

He used to cry like a little girl,

Really?  I must've been drunk.

But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #148 on: July 28, 2009, 10:19:40 PM »
I never seem to have problems with tanks in Apoc.. ;)

Yeah a big ass demon kinda negates the feeling of security one gets inside Tank.

Oh well, it's always funny to see!

But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

Captain Bryan!

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBryanCosplay
    • Captain Bryan Cosplay
    • Email
« Reply #149 on: July 29, 2009, 12:17:05 AM »
How's Saterday August 1st work for a game? Anyone?

i'll be there (as always)

by the way, my good computer died so I'm posting from my old Windows 95 computer which takes a few minutes to load this page, so i might not be online for a few days unless im bored enough,