Author Topic: Lucky 13  (Read 36151 times)

tyranid warlord

• Heroic Tier Level 4
Re: Lucky 13
« Reply #105 on: July 02, 2009, 03:37:28 PM »
Brandan and I can field about 4000k each and we can be there around 4pm.
any ork or chaos players out there we could use you
Dave and Brandan

blantyr

• Epic Tier Level 21
  • Bob Butler, former Abington guy
    • Wicke's Web
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: July 02, 2009, 04:23:17 PM »
Brandan and I can field about 4000k each and we can be there around 4pm.
any ork or chaos players out there we could use you
Dave and Brandan

I could come in with Chaos Demons.  (Pure Demons this time, no Kroot.)  I didn't do well doing Chapter One against tank heavy opposition, but I have a few ideas and have been doing some little painting.  I could get up around 3000 if I had to, but would be content with well less.

Also, are we going to go for two tables this time around?  The point totals you are talking about on a single table would create a crowded situation.

tyranid warlord

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #107 on: July 02, 2009, 06:01:56 PM »
Hi Bob bring what you can and we'll have a fun time. two tables would be fine by us
 Dave and Brandan

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: July 02, 2009, 07:19:34 PM »
rember that only troops can hold an objective.   

therefor, no troop choices= no way to win the misson.  Just food for thought when composing your lists.

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #109 on: July 02, 2009, 07:33:04 PM »
rember that only troops can hold an objective.   

therefor, no troop choices= no way to win the misson.  Just food for thought when composing your lists.

This is Apocalypse baby.... rules say anything scores, even Granny's armoured rocker!
But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #110 on: July 02, 2009, 07:45:34 PM »
Hi Bob bring what you can and we'll have a fun time. two tables would be fine by us
 Dave and Brandan

Let's shoot for 8k a side then, three on your team, three on ours, that works out.
We'll do something along the lines of Alan & doug 3k and bryan at 2k. (Bryan if you want help with your list IM me :)  )

What time shall we meet? I can be there around 4:30pm....

cheers,
Alan
But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

Captain Bryan!

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBryanCosplay
    • Captain Bryan Cosplay
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: July 02, 2009, 08:18:26 PM »
I'm sorry guys, I can't make it.
One of my friends is in town and he lives halfway across the world.
I didn't know that it was this week
Sorry

blantyr

• Epic Tier Level 21
    • Wicke's Web
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: July 02, 2009, 09:23:53 PM »
 Dave and Brandan

Let's shoot for 8k a side then, three on your team, three on ours, that works out.
We'll do something along the lines of Alan & doug 3k and bryan at 2k. (Bryan if you want help with your list IM me :)  )

What time shall we meet? I can be there around 4:30pm....

cheers,
Alan

I'll aim for 4:00 PM.  I'll show up with a 2000 point list, and a 2500.  I could get to 3000 if you'd like.   If someone could give me a total to aim for, I'd appreciate it.

Does the rocking chair really have to be armored?

Whoops.  With Bryan out things might need reshuffling.  I'm open to anything, including a switch to Inquisition / Guard if that makes things easier.  For the time being, though, I'll work on 2000, 2500 and 3000 point demon lists.

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #113 on: July 02, 2009, 10:59:23 PM »
I'm sorry guys, I can't make it.
One of my friends is in town and he lives halfway across the world.
I didn't know that it was this week
Sorry

That's a bummer. But I understand.

Doug, 4k a piece?

Cheers,
A

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #114 on: July 04, 2009, 12:55:38 PM »
I would like to play in one of these assuming I have the day off available. Problem is not all my guardsmen are fully painted yet nor is my 4th company of Ultramarines.

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: July 04, 2009, 02:42:14 PM »
Steve let me know when your down there this week.  I'm off call so we can run mission two if you would like.

Most of the missions are set-up for a pretty low player point system, from 1500-3000 a player so I wouldn't worry about how much you have ready or painted.

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #116 on: July 05, 2009, 04:10:39 PM »

This is Apocalypse baby.... rules say anything scores, even Granny's armoured rocker!

That was Apocalypse, Thanks to Dave, Brandon, Bob and Doug for a great game. Lots o' stuff went boom. I saw more ones than at an the local strip joint, then again looking at Bobs army that wasn't all we had more of.

The battle was a mess of templates and big things trying to eat the forces of the imperium. Thankfully the twic damned chaos marines, were crushed under the eyes of their new hivemind, while one side of the board became a nid barbq, with the only things running around with impunity where Carnifexes.

The middle was a mess of nothing with any remenants of chaos ashes drifting away to the west, where the Dark Angels continued their disciplined cleansing of Demonic strippers and their slaneesh allies.

A good time, providing a valuable lesson to a 12th grader, Math is important :)

Cheers,
Alan

blantyr

• Epic Tier Level 21
    • Wicke's Web
    • Email
« Reply #117 on: July 05, 2009, 08:40:17 PM »
I guess I'm going to have to keep changing themes.  Chapter 1, I heard that I was teaming with orcs.  I figured kroot were sorta like orcs, and could beef up a warg, so I brought in all my kroot.  Ran into a wall of tanks.

Chapter 2, I had just finished repainting my winged ladies, so I just had to put down my winged ladies.  Ran into a wall of tanks.

Chapter 3?  Well, I don't know.  We'll have to consider.  What sort of theme might I try?  Hmm....  Maybe I should emphasize tank killing?  :-D

Interesting fight, though. 

Moosifer

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • Egotistical Co-Conspirator
« Reply #118 on: July 06, 2009, 01:48:51 AM »
Im still looking for a game of that scenario.

On a side note, did anyone pick up an extra IG dex with my name in it?

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
« Reply #119 on: July 06, 2009, 01:13:59 PM »
I can try to geet to BG this week for a game if anyone else can make it.

For the battle that we just had Friday night...I forgot to get the AA points. I got 2 units in place and I'm not sure about anyone else. Alan ? Bob? Dave? Brandon? Please let me know so I can write it down. Thanks.
~ Lead, follow, or get the HELL out of my way! ~