Author Topic: Bits and Astartes  (Read 1017 times)

Battle-Bruvah Sillynoah

• Heroic Tier Level 5
  • Alfa Legion, 11th company
    • Email
Bits and Astartes
« on: April 14, 2013, 02:50:22 PM »
So while shuffleing through extra bits from various sets of Space Marines, i found almost enough to make a new Space Marine! now if i were to aquire some Power Armor from Ebay (or hopefuly anyone reading this post) would it be Tournament Legal if i added it to an Incomplete squad of Space Marines?
Club Affiliation: The Alfa Legion
Where I play: Abington

Battle-Bruvah Sillynoah

• Heroic Tier Level 5
    • Email
Re: Bits and Astartes
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 02:51:01 PM »
So while shuffleing through extra bits from various sets of Space Marines, i found almost enough to make a new Space Marine! now if i were to aquire some Power Armor from Ebay (or hopefuly anyone reading this post) would it be Tournament Legal if i added it to an Incomplete squad of Space Marines?
*power armor LEGS

shwnlyns

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 05:08:38 PM »
A marine is a marine, doesn't matter how you built him.

Battle-Bruvah Sillynoah

• Heroic Tier Level 5
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 07:15:17 PM »
cool, hey another question,
can you make an Independent Character with extra bits?
and if so, what are the qualifications?

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 08:09:18 PM »

Yes, he/she has to stand out vastly from the rest of your army in some shape or form and properly represent the wargear they have.

Example: Space Marine Captain. If you give him base gear he needs to have a Chainsword and Bolt Pistol. Give him something to represent his status like his Shoulder Pads make sure they look extravagant with like Extra Purity seals or Markings on them. Make sure he stands out by painting him with extra color depending on your color scheme give him Gold and/or Silver on his Armour in Various Places like Knee Pads and the Chest Emblems.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

Battle-Bruvah Sillynoah

• Heroic Tier Level 5
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 12:21:52 AM »

Yes, he/she has to stand out vastly from the rest of your army in some shape or form and properly represent the wargear they have.

Example: Space Marine Captain. If you give him base gear he needs to have a Chainsword and Bolt Pistol. Give him something to represent his status like his Shoulder Pads make sure they look extravagant with like Extra Purity seals or Markings on them. Make sure he stands out by painting him with extra color depending on your color scheme give him Gold and/or Silver on his Armour in Various Places like Knee Pads and the Chest Emblems.
I see the beginning of some awesome Company Masters...

Battle-Bruvah Sillynoah

• Heroic Tier Level 5
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 02:01:34 AM »
Ok, this question might just be plain stupid, so i have a Head from a pack of Cadians (the head shows no Cadian markings or items, not even a helmet!) so can i put this Bald head on a space marine body for my custom independent character?
and also, i also have a Cadian arm with an awesome power-fist, but it obviously has Imperial Guard Markings, so can i not place this on my custom independent character? (i feel if i could, this could lead down a road to some horrable Half-Tyranid, Half-Orc, Tau alligned Daemon.)

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 02:19:24 AM »
It should look appropriate. If the head fits on the Space Marine Body and looks fine awesome.  If you have the Cadian arm and when you line it up it looks silly I wouldn't use it. If you want to you could always cut the Power fist off and try to put it on a Space Marine arm but it probably still won't line up correctly.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

Battle-Bruvah Sillynoah

• Heroic Tier Level 5
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 01:44:04 PM »
It should look appropriate. If the head fits on the Space Marine Body and looks fine awesome.  If you have the Cadian arm and when you line it up it looks silly I wouldn't use it. If you want to you could always cut the Power fist off and try to put it on a Space Marine arm but it probably still won't line up correctly.
You can do that?!?!
i knew 40K allowed for some creativity but that is just plain awesome!!!

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2013, 10:02:29 PM »
You can do that?!?!
i knew 40K allowed for some creativity but that is just plain awesome!!!

You can do pretty much anything as long as it's clear what your trying to represent. My Icarus Las cannon is a cadian heavy weapons team  las cannon mounted a on a bunch of glued together rhino doors with a grot pointing a gun at the guardsmen's head.
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.