Author Topic: Tau commander Question  (Read 1270 times)

Vincent

Re: Tau commander Question
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2013, 08:05:55 PM »
Yup 18" fusion blasters, they are totally being rocked in my stealth suits now =D

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2013, 12:32:55 AM »
Take shadow sun attach her to a squad of firewarriors and put them behind an aegis for a 2+ cover save :)

It's stealth and shrouding, +3 total, so literally any cover becomes 2+.  No need for an aegis.

Sure, you can put shadwosun with a FW squad, or stealths, but she's best with Crisis, I think.  Give them a 2+, too, and they all can infiltrate. 

Dan Bunker

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2013, 12:11:43 PM »
Stealth and shrouding isn't +3. Max is +2 according to shrouding

jhobin

• Paragon Tier Level 14
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2013, 02:16:20 PM »
There cumulative
"I'm going to sacrifice my pyramid turtles"
-Anonymous card player who makes me wonder if I sound like this talking about 40k!

Moss:"What operating system is it running?"
Bomb Technician:"Vista!"
Moss:"Where all going to die!"

Mannahnin

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2013, 05:32:29 PM »
Stealth and Shrouded are cumulative, but as Shrouded notes, the lowest you can get a cover save is 2+.

well further into that can a tau commander be singled out in shooting if hes with a unit of fire warriors? Or is that an older rule?
This is (or was; might be thinking of a previous edition) a warhammer fantasy rule, it's never been 40k rule.  The only thing like it was a couple of editions ago there was a special rule for Monstrous Creature Independent Characters that they could always be singled out for shooting even when attached to a unit.  Then they removed the option for them to join units.  Then they got rid of MC ICs entirely, and just made them MC characters, and updated the rules for Tyrant Guard.

shwnlyns

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2013, 05:52:40 PM »
Little off topic but can a full mech suit army be made with tau or do you need at least two fire warrior squads?

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2013, 08:53:42 PM »
Little off topic but can a full mech suit army be made with tau or do you need at least two fire warrior squads?

nope you must have 2 troops of fire warriors or Kroot