Author Topic: Space Marine 6th Edition Codex Speculations  (Read 19788 times)

MM3791

• God
Re: Space Marine 6th Edition Codex Speculations
« Reply #135 on: August 12, 2013, 08:28:39 PM »
I don't play space marines, but I think it's awesome that they get not one, but TWO AA tanks. If they are any good then hopefully we will see a drastic shift in the meta and see less fliers. Playing against power flier lists are so stupid and boring, hopefully these "Terran Seige Tanks" turn those fliers into scrap wreckage.

If that happens then I won't be forced to take a Lord of Change anymore!

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #136 on: August 12, 2013, 08:38:21 PM »
Nice and i want to know what these chapter tactics option do

Same.  I hope they're COMPLETELY awesome.

I really hope things are a lot different with this book.  From where I'm at, it seems like people have been a lot more excited about the Xenos books over the past 2'ish years.  Maybe that's because the last couple books have been awesome and redone super old armies, but still... The power armor books have lacked obvious "wow" factor.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

shwnlyns

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
« Reply #137 on: August 12, 2013, 09:05:39 PM »
Nice and i want to know what these chapter tactics option do

I wouldn't be surprised if its similar to the previous book, making signature weapons count as twin-linked or gain fearless or something, although I hope it's more than that. I did see something here about the Iron Hands all having 6+ feel no pain which is totally awesome, but we will just have to wait and see.

Either way I think you'll see at least a few centurion proxies, I myself will have to start saving toilet paper rolls for just such an occasion.

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: August 12, 2013, 09:07:57 PM »
The Chapter Tactics seem to make it that Chapter and from what I hear they have 2 Variations for all of them. From what I hear Salamanders Chapter Tactics have something to do with making Flamers awesome. I am very excited about being able to run a Salamanders type Army without having to rely on putting Vul'Kan in there. Smaller Point Games will be even more interesting. Example the 500 point Tournament. Everyone playing Space Marines was just that but now you will have White Scars, Salamanders, Iron Hands, and Ravenguard at lower point games.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

Thomas callahan

• Order
  • Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #139 on: August 12, 2013, 11:04:38 PM »
Im kinda interested in since you have chapter specific units but all in the same codex, can you take say like a tac squas of ultramarines and another of salamanders?

Or would you have to do an ally force org chart to run a diff chapter
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 11:07:26 PM by Thomas callahan »
Blood bowl W14-L14-T1
40K 0-0
Hords 2-1

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #140 on: August 12, 2013, 11:06:37 PM »
Nah, they are treating it like the Chapter Tactics in 5th Everyone from the Codex has it. I think though the Named ICs are going to bring their own thing to the armies so maybe you could take say Khan with Ultramarine Tactics who knows.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

Thomas callahan

• Order
  • Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #141 on: August 12, 2013, 11:29:51 PM »
well darn, is it possible to take the same codex as a allied force org? the reason i ask is because ive been wanting to build a iron hands army lately(before i heard about them getting rules in new dex).

I also want the shooty centurians but they dont sound to ultramarine to me and was hoping they have rules where i could have ultramarines as my main army but have iron hand centrurions as support
Blood bowl W14-L14-T1
40K 0-0
Hords 2-1

MM3791

• God
« Reply #142 on: August 12, 2013, 11:35:23 PM »
well darn, is it possible to take the same codex as a allied force org? the reason i ask is because ive been wanting to build a iron hands army lately(before i heard about them getting rules in new dex).

I also want the shooty centurians but they dont sound to ultramarine to me and was hoping they have rules where i could have ultramarines as my main army but have iron hand centrurions as support

I think yes it would be technically possible, in a 2000pt force using double FOC

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #143 on: August 12, 2013, 11:41:26 PM »
2000 pt double force org is one way to get more force org slots but you cannot ally with your same codex, says so right in the chart.

as to chapter tactics i'm assuming you cant do multiple kinds but i guess we will see

MM3791

• God
« Reply #144 on: August 13, 2013, 02:46:46 AM »
It's not allies, its double FOC with different chapter tactics.. big difference.

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #145 on: August 13, 2013, 08:11:12 AM »
These ultramarines rumors seem pretty sweet perhaps to the point of being overpowered (GW would NEVER do that to a codex...)

-Marneus Calgar may take 3 Warlord Traits and is pricier.

Most warlord traits aren't game changers but 3 might be, seems a bit nuts unless SM warlord traits are crap

UNIT CHANGES
-Chaplains are HQ , W:2, A:2 and grant Zealot.
-Master of the Forge gains It Will Not Die
-Scouts drop 2 points, can take LS Storm as a dedicated transport.
-Tacticals drop 2 points.
-Devastators drop 2 points.
-Sternguard drop 3 points.
-Vanguard drop 1 point, jumppack option drops 7 points.
-Honour guard are cheaper.
-SM Bikes drop 4 points.
-Hunter/Stalker re both armed with s:7 weapons (Stalker heavy4, Hunter heavy1). The Hunter's weapon is AP:2 Armorbane.
-Command Squads may take bikes, and a bike-equipped Commander makes a SM Biker unit troops.
-Crusader Squads may take 2 power weapons per squad. Costed and equipped as Tacticals as standard. May swap out for BP/CCW for free. Max size 10 Initiates and 10 Neophytes.
-Centurions WS4 BS4 S5 T5 W2 I4 Ld8/9 Sv2, Squad size 3-6, each costed as a Predator.

CHAPTER ABILITIES
- Raven Guard have Stealth, may use jump packs in movement AND assault phase.
- Imperial Fists reroll '1s' to hit with standard bolters (Bolter Drill). Devatators/Centurions have Tank Hunters and +1 on the building damage table.
- Salamanders reroll failed to-wounds with flame weapons, and failed armor penetration rolls versus vehicles. Characters gain a free master crafted weapon. Vulkan is the only way to grant twin-linked meltas.
- Black Templars have Chapter Tactics options instead of Vows. The Emperor's Champion is an HQ choice for them only and chooses from either (reroll failed to-hits plus rending in challenges), or (gain Adamantium Will plus Crusader). No Librarians allowed.
- Ultramarines choose from one of the following donctrines:
a) Tactical - Re-roll ones, unless they're Tactical marines and they re-roll all shooting failed to hits.
b) Assault - Re-roll charge distance, unless they're Assault squads, Bikes, Attack bikes who gain Fleet.
c) Devstator - Re-roll on snap shots and overwatch, unless they're Devastators who gain Relentless (except when disembarking).
- White Scars bike equipped Captain makes 1 bike squad troops
- Successor Chapter use the Chapter Tactics of their Founding Chapter. Many Successor Chapters are listed by name.

NEW ITEMS
6 new Chapter Relics
Grav Weapons have Concussive

CHARACTERS
-Marneus Calgar may take 3 Warlord Traits and is pricier.
-Korsarro Khan grants Scout to mounted troops and bikes. He inflicts D3 Hammer of Wrath hits.
-Kayvan Shrike may Infiltrate with Jumppack units.
-Emperor's Champion equipped with AP:2 sword, armor is 2+/4+i
-High-Marshal Helbrecht grants Hatred and Fleet to Black Templars in the Assault phase once per game.
-Lysander returns with Eternal Warrior, Units in 12" re-roll on morale and pinning test.
-Grimaldus Grants Zealot to his unit.
-Several Named Characters retain USRs that affect their entire army.

Bill

• Paragon Tier Level 14
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Dark Star
    • Email
« Reply #146 on: August 13, 2013, 08:21:47 AM »
None of this seems broken to me. All the 6th Ed books have been fantastic so far and I have no reason to believe this will be any different. Calgary does seem like a boss but he is the boss and he is close to 300 pts.

shwnlyns

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
« Reply #147 on: August 13, 2013, 09:24:01 AM »
70 points s for a 2w, t5, armor it doesn't matter because everyone has ap 2 now anyway, think I'll pass on centurions. Save room in the buget for sternguard and more tac squads.

The devastator tactic for ultas seems great though, devastators with relentless, yes please. I think I might put them back n rhinos and shoot out the fire ports while drving around, loose two shots but gain av 11 for as long as the rhino lives.

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #148 on: August 13, 2013, 10:28:56 AM »
My biggest hope for this codex was that Kantor makes Sternguard troops, early rumors look like he won't but they will still be scoring.

Coupled with the fact the Sternguard look to be cheaper i'm probably still going to be happy.

I suspect i'm going to pick up a squad or two of the new Centurians to try them out and see how they do on the board.

Still waiting to see what is in the "space marine strikeforce" for $220... as long as it's a battleforce and not one of those stupid GW packages

MM3791

• God
« Reply #149 on: August 13, 2013, 01:11:31 PM »
The HUNTER has AP2 ARMORBANE!! Bye Bye STORMRAVEN!! Ha!