Author Topic: Space Marine 6th Edition Codex Speculations  (Read 19792 times)

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/
    • Email
Re: Space Marine 6th Edition Codex Speculations
« Reply #105 on: August 09, 2013, 10:12:13 AM »
Apparently, the centurion picture does not show the full model.  Here is the full picture.

A space marine, in a space marine, in a space marine.  Where is your god-emperor now?

*Note I did not create this picture*
http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/

Warhammer 40k
6,914 pts Waaagh Dakkagut (Goff Orks)
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   
     183 pts Protectorate of Menoth

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #106 on: August 09, 2013, 10:37:40 AM »
Looks like this is the full description, gravity weapons sound terrifying.

Up for release in September is the new Codex: Space Marines.

- There will be 7 Ltd Ed varients. 6 of these will be covers for First Founding chapters, whilst the 7th will have Black Templars on the cover.

- New weapon family: Grav weapons. I believe these wound against the armour save (so terminators would be wounded as if they had a toughness of 2).

- First Founding chapters will be getting a substantial section each to themselves, so hopefully this can be looked as as Codex: Space Marines instead of Codex: Ultramarines. This will also show in a rule called Chapter Tactics, for which the effects depend on the chapter being played.

- There is a new armour type that at first glance looks to be somewhere between a terminator and a dreadnought - looking more closely, it appears to go over the marine's power armour however.
 - This new armour can be armed in 2 ways, depending on the user. The devastator version has either a bolter array or missile launchers mounted on the chest armour, whilst the gauntlets can be armed with heavy bolters, lascannons or grav cannons. The assault version has a bolter array or frag launchers mounted on the chest armour, with assault drills mounted on the gauntlets.

- There are 2 new AA tanks. One tank veterans will already be familiar with as the Hunter, armed an AA missile launcher. The other tank mounts 2 tri-barreled turrets instead.

- There is a new tactical squad. Lots of options as you'd expect, but of particular interest will probably be the grav pistol and grav rifle.

- A new plastic Sternguard veteran squad.

- A new plastic Vanguard veteran squad.

- New plastic characters: a captain, a librarian and a chaplain.

If space marines are getting their gravity weapons back then Orks better get theirs back as well.
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.

NateT

• Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: August 09, 2013, 11:58:09 AM »
I wonder if the captain will have multiple head choices.  After all, the chaplin is rumored to have two possible heads.  I love that helmet, but it is very "ultramarine."

I wonder what the deal with grav weapons will be.  I admit, I don't play much, but wounding a terminator on a 2+ isn't really special, right?  Don't meltas do that too?  Isn't plasma also wound T4 on 2+?  What am I missing?  Maybe it's Assault 2, or even rapidfire?  Maybe it's good at multi wound situations?  Like models wounded are removed from play?

MM3791

• God
« Reply #108 on: August 09, 2013, 05:18:47 PM »
We don't have all the stats and rules for gravity weapons yet, but they're supposed to be an entirely new weapons family (grav pistol, grav rifle, grav cannon, etc). Also it is rumored that they are blast weapons and leave behind a gravity vortex in the area fired, making that area count as difficult/dangerous terrain for a turn. Their also looks like that their will be a new tactical squad that might specialize in grav weapons.. these are still rumors.

Their is no question that both tanks look amazing, reminds me of the Terran Seige Tank from StarCraft.

And yea, it looks like space marines finally got loyalist obliterators.. ie Centurions  ;D The assault ones look like they get some sort of combat drill, the imaginary space dwarves will be jealous lol

shwnlyns

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: August 09, 2013, 05:39:02 PM »
the shooty centurions look much better, but how useful are heavy bolters really. Lascannons seem the much better option but I am hoping that they can carry assault cannons. I try to play Dark Angels aggressive and would love something that can get up into the enemy's face but it seems a defensive play style better suits power armor armies.

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #110 on: August 09, 2013, 05:55:13 PM »
the shooty centurions look much better, but how useful are heavy bolters really. Lascannons seem the much better option but I am hoping that they can carry assault cannons. I try to play Dark Angels aggressive and would love something that can get up into the enemy's face but it seems a defensive play style better suits power armor armies.

i was expecting something BRISTLING with guns... i don't know, still reserving judgment till the rules come out

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: August 09, 2013, 07:55:49 PM »
I wonder if the captain will have multiple head choices.  After all, the chaplin is rumored to have two possible heads.  I love that helmet, but it is very "ultramarine."

I wonder what the deal with grav weapons will be.  I admit, I don't play much, but wounding a terminator on a 2+ isn't really special, right?  Don't meltas do that too?  Isn't plasma also wound T4 on 2+?  What am I missing?  Maybe it's Assault 2, or even rapidfire?  Maybe it's good at multi wound situations?  Like models wounded are removed from play?

>.> Dreadknight has a 2+ armour save has a Toughness of 6 a Plasma wounds on a 3+. Same thing with a Riptide. If it wounds based off Armour save IG and Ork Boyz will be the most survivable against this weapon. I cant wait to see what it does I dont think it will be as bad as people making it out to be.

Centurions I have some Ideas to make them look cooler. If they are worth the points I will buy some and do some work.  It sucks that I suddenly got an entire week off before the Space Marine Release :(. Not going to have any spare money.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: August 09, 2013, 08:47:07 PM »
It sucks that I suddenly got an entire week off before the Space Marine Release :(. Not going to have any spare money.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

;D
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #113 on: August 09, 2013, 09:03:28 PM »
From whatever "40k Radio" is....

Notes on the Space Marine Codex:

1. Centurion "devastator" come with Twin-Linked Heavy bolter and hurricane bolter for 60 pts. You can have up to 6 in a squad.

2. Legion of the Damned have flaming projectiles. All ranged attacks have ignore cover special rule.

3. Black Templars are in the book. They can not take some selections but have access to Centurions, Thunderfires, and so on. They have special rules for Chapter Tactics.

4.Chapter Tactics for the following chapters: Ultramarines, White Scars, Imperial Fist, Salamanders, Iron Hands, and Raven Guard. They have two special rules per choice.

Notes on Centurions:

Centurions can be taken as Elites or Heavy.

Heavy support are the devastator option. They come with twin-linked Heavy bolters and Hurricane bolters. Hurricane can be upgraded to missile and HB upgraded to Twin- Las cannon or Grav-cannon and grav-amp.

Can upgrade to omniscope which gives night fight and split fire special rules.

They can select a Land Raider as a dedicated transport.
Special Rules: Slow and Purposeful, Decimator Protocols(Can fire up to two weapons in each shooting phase), Very Bulky, Chapter Tactics, and TSKNF.

Elites are the assault option. They come with Siege Drills at S9, twin-linked flamers and Ironclad assault launchers. They can upgrade flamers to meltas and assault launcher can be upgraded to hurricane bolters.

Can upgrade to omniscope which gives night fight and split fire special rules.

They can select a Land Raider as a dedicated transport.
Special Rules: Move through cover, Slow and Purposeful, Decimator Protocols(Can fire up to two weapons in each shooting phase), Very Bulky, Chapter Tactics, and TSKNF.

I have no idea what I'm talking about, but that seems pretty sweet to me.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 09:05:54 PM by Chase »

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #114 on: August 09, 2013, 09:51:34 PM »
Seems like a nice toy

Chris

• Heroic Tier Level 7
« Reply #115 on: August 09, 2013, 11:06:35 PM »
If it wounds based off Armour save IG and Ork Boyz will be the most survivable against this weapon. I cant wait to see what it does I dont think it will be as bad as people making it out to be.
This is wrong, the following is the chance of a model dying if Grav weapons wound based on armor saves and you get your armor save.
2+ is 5/36
3+ is 8/36
4+ is 9/36
5+ is 8/36
6+ is 5/36
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 10:55:45 AM by Chris »
We do not stop playing because we get old. We get old when we stop playing.  -Benjamin Franklin

When you come to the end and you can't go any farther, you've got to go over the wall. Gotta see what's there.  -Gary Gygax

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: August 10, 2013, 12:00:37 AM »
Seems like a nice toy

No lie, I'm going to be basing a lot of my opinions on what Steve D buys from this launch.  If Steve D think the new SM stuff is awesome and has to have it, then it's probably awesome overall.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #117 on: August 10, 2013, 12:26:35 AM »
I'll pre-order one of these.

/ in before 7th Edition.

Thomas callahan

• Order
  • Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #118 on: August 10, 2013, 01:09:48 AM »
Decimator Protocols(Can fire up to two weapons in each shooting phase),

does that mean enemy shooting phase as well?
Blood bowl W14-L14-T1
40K 0-0
Hords 2-1

MM3791

• God
« Reply #119 on: August 10, 2013, 03:20:31 AM »
The siege drills look like they will cause some serious pain against monstrous creatures and walkers. Better strength then a powerfist and looks like it will strike in Initiative order too.