Author Topic: double force org  (Read 551 times)

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
double force org
« on: April 01, 2013, 09:50:25 AM »
So just to take sure I'm reading this right. 2K points you can take another primary and another secondary detachment meaning you still have to meet the minimums right?

primary would be 2HQs and 4 troops minimum to unlock 6 elites and 6 heavies.

secondary would be 2HQs and 2 troops min to unlock 2 elites and 2 heavies
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 09:59:00 AM by PhoenixFire »

Dan Bunker

Re: double force org
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 10:35:52 AM »
im pretty sure that the double foc just adds another chart. so max of 4 hq 12 troops and 6 of everything else without allies. Minimum of 2 HQ and 4 troops.

corporaptor primus

• Email
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 02:34:18 PM »
That's a good question. If you have 2 primary do you get 2 ally detachments?
If you get two, do they both have to come from the same force? That would be messy but if 2 allies allowed why not?

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 02:46:18 PM »
I believe its stated in the BRB that it has to be the same boom but you do get 2 allied detachments. I will find the source page when I get home.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 03:01:55 PM »
im pretty sure that the double foc just adds another chart. so max of 4 hq 12 troops and 6 of everything else without allies. Minimum of 2 HQ and 4 troops.

I'm certainly no 40k expert, but this was my understanding as well.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 03:03:48 PM »
If you go double force org both of your primary and both of your allied detachments have to be from the same respective codex (you can never have more than 2 codexs in your army list)

it says on page 110 you can take up to 6 fast attack, heavy, and elites. Up to 4 HQs, and up to 12 troops.

but it also says your taking a second primary detachment which to me means you need 2HQs and 4 troops before you gain access to 6 of the other stuff.

I just want to make sure I'm interpretating it correctly while I'm playing around with army lists

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 03:09:26 PM »
Yes, you essentially have to take 1 extra HQ, and 2 Extra troops to unlock the second force org.

A better way to look at it is that each primary detachment (and you can have 2 at 2000 pts) nees 1 HQ and 2 troops, minimum.  Allied's need 1 HQ 1 Troop. 

So if you wanted both Primary, and both allied detachments, you'd need 2 primary HQs, 4 Primary troops,  2 Allied HQs, and 2 Allied troops, minimum.