Author Topic: WYSIWYG and Forge World at BG Tourneys  (Read 709 times)

King of the Elves

WYSIWYG and Forge World at BG Tourneys
« on: March 19, 2013, 01:28:21 AM »
So I have a question, at all BG tournaments WYSIWYG is required, but is that be modified for forge world units? Now obviously if you put a heavy bolter on something, the heavy bolter has to be represented. What I'm saying is, are scratched build models ok? What about something that looks like the FW unit? For example: using a regular drop pod as a dreadnought drop pod. Or a regular war walker in place of a wasp assault walker?

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Re: WYSIWYG and Forge World at BG Tourneys
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 01:44:47 AM »
So I have a question, at all BG tournaments WYSIWYG is required, but is that be modified for forge world units?

Short answer: Not really.

Now obviously if you put a heavy bolter on something, the heavy bolter has to be represented. What I'm saying is, are scratched build models ok?

You'll have to submit them for approval (send me pictures) before you will be allowed to use it.

What about something that looks like the FW unit? For example: using a regular drop pod as a dreadnought drop pod. Or a regular war walker in place of a wasp assault walker?

The Drop Pod thing has come up a few times and we've ruled against it.  I'd like to stick with that.  I'm not sure what a Wasp Assault Walker looks like.  Obviously, where things are reasonable (and there's a fairly strong argument that a Drop Pod is a Drop Pod is a Drop Pod), they'll be let in.  It's best just to send me pictures of what you want to use and what the actual model looks like.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel