Author Topic: Tau are definately here, Next month's White Dwarf  (Read 7086 times)

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
Re: Tau are definately here, Next month's White Dwarf
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2013, 11:19:54 PM »
I wouldn't be shocked to see Kroot removed from the Tau book, if it means a $33 ally supplement.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2013, 11:20:36 PM »
How the Hell am I supposed to make conversions when GW direct doesnt sell individual bits?!

*yet
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2013, 11:59:57 PM »
I wouldn't be shocked to see Kroot removed from the Tau book, if it means a $33 ally supplement.

This is right in line with GWs thinking. A la the stupid flyer book.

But i don't know if they would remove a big part of the Tau army and not make it playable till this supplement did hit in a few months.

I know they talked about a multi race supplement a while ago when 6e first hit (to include imperial stuff, dark eldar pirates, kroot, the harlem globetrotters,  etc) but i havent seen any more rumors since

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2013, 12:08:39 AM »

Nah.  Make three models invalid with no legit way to play them?  Not that the greedy buggers might not have thought of it, but they know how profound the backlash would be.

Too muchis being made of them not being promoted in the WD.

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2013, 12:48:58 PM »
Is it? GW has a track record of destroying whole armies, not just models.

Lost and the Damned
13th Company
Squats
Genestealer Cults

Then the individual models of all the genestealer hybrids, genestealer magus, the entire squat range, I do believe the wolfen were not usable besides counts as.

So yeah,even when GW wasn't being "greedy buggers" they were having people have armies and models that were not playable.

Grimwulfe

• God
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2013, 01:05:48 PM »
I miss sqauts and 13th company
Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2013, 01:34:20 PM »
Squats were a special case -- I hear they were actually the intellectual property of a designer left (all depends on how the contract is written)

13th company and Lost and the Damned both live on, after a fashion.  IN any case, the models are still valid.  They we were more specialized white-dwarf list, than anything else, like kroot mercenaries.  They weren't models that were in a codex, and then had no official way to play them anymore.  You may not have LIKED what they became, but they're still there. 

jhobin

• Paragon Tier Level 14
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2013, 01:46:57 PM »
They weren't White Dwarf lists they had there own codex: Armageddon

I miss 13th company as well, I was on my way to starting an army of them, and the codex got invalidated and I had no desire to play normal wolves. I know a couple of LotD players who were pissed about there codex getting invalidated as well. Yes you can play traitor guard and space wolves but that may not have been the thing that drew people to that army. 
"I'm going to sacrifice my pyramid turtles"
-Anonymous card player who makes me wonder if I sound like this talking about 40k!

Moss:"What operating system is it running?"
Bomb Technician:"Vista!"
Moss:"Where all going to die!"

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2013, 02:03:02 PM »
As a former player of an LatD army, no it doesn't live on and your comment of them never invalidating models is invalid.

So yes, GW could be making people shelve their Kroot for a while until they make either a supplement or nothing at all.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2013, 02:06:46 PM »
Traiter guard is the same thing.

And no comment is invalid.  I am 100% sure they would not just drop kroot from the codex. 

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2013, 02:13:32 PM »
Traitor guard have daemons that can be summoned off of icons embedded in the unit?
Traitor guard have the ability to add mutant squads?
Traitor guard have aspriring champions that can be added to mutant squads?

Do you work for GW or are you just making more stuff up?

You really just don't think before you post.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2013, 02:31:14 PM »
You really just don't think before you post.

.....   I did, I am, and comments like that will make me annoyed. 

Traitor guard have daemons that can be summoned off of icons embedded in the unit?
Traitor guard have the ability to add mutant squads?
Traitor guard have aspriring champions that can be added to mutant squads?

The game has altered so much since that point, nearly all of that is meaningless.  Icons as you describe don't even exist in CSM, anymore. 

You can ally Guard with CSM or daemons, just fine.  Almost all those models are still valid, and you could use them together in the army.

Do you work for GW or are you just making more stuff up?

I can be sure of something without working for GW.  At least I think I can.  I dunno, I'm not sure anymore.

Look, instead of getting all huffy about it, you want to place a gentlemen's bet, or something?  You seem miss your lost and the damned quite terribly, and misery loves company, I guess, or something.  I am quite sure the tau codex will have Kroot, and vespids, for that matter.

What do you want to bet?

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2013, 02:41:54 PM »
Almost all does not equal all.

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2013, 06:12:17 PM »

This is right in line with GWs thinking. A la the stupid flyer book.

But i don't know if they would remove a big part of the Tau army and not make it playable till this supplement did hit in a few months.

I know they talked about a multi race supplement a while ago when 6e first hit (to include imperial stuff, dark eldar pirates, kroot, the harlem globetrotters,  etc) but i havent seen any more rumors since

They did release something like that in the past. The Freebooterz army lists book. It has a lot of cool stuff you can model up. Khorne Stormboyz, genestealer Ork hybrids, super grots, Mad Warpheadz etc.
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2013, 11:56:00 AM »
Looks like they pulled the hammerhead from shelves, new box or they adding a sprue?.... or new price?