Author Topic: Next project?  (Read 1257 times)

Grand Master Steve

Next project?
« on: January 27, 2013, 04:46:32 PM »
Right now on my work Bench I have Circle Orbors from Hordes. I cant decide what to do. I have room for an add on to already existing armies or I can finish one that needs some new models and fresh paint.

I can do:

A Chaos Army: I got tons of Berserkes and two Deamon Engines un assembled in box. I have toyed with the idea of making a floating fat man based on Baren Harkonen from Dune but....he rings me as more of a Slaanesh Deamon Prince or lord. So with all my already existing Khorne stuff do I splash a new chaos cult?

An Inqusitors Army: As much as I do not want to use Grey Knights If I want an Inquisitor that is my own design I have to take them. I have a Land raider thats decked out With LED's meant for an Inquisitor and it would be cool to get table time. I also have tons of Gaurdsmen I thought of doing a detachment unit to make the Inquisitors personal army. If i do this i may end up with a Psylfeman Dreadnought.

Dark Angels: Here I would focus more on Deathwing and splash Ravenwing to get head smashing termies an accurate deep strike

Space Wolves: I started 500 points of them all painted too. I have some nice conversions for Thunder Wolf Calv that dont look as silly as the ones GW made. I dont want to be super Cheesy with them but I guess with Thunder Wolves thats unavoidable?

Imperial Guard airborne: I have tons of unpainted guard started to get lots of Valks and Vendettas. I have a good amount of gaurdsmen converted to have the grave chute insersion conversion by Forge World I am just using them as Cadians as Elysians cant be the only world with an airborne unit. Also I got 3 Thunder Bolts and a Maurader Bomber for Apoc games for this.

thoughts so i can make up my mind and focus on one project after I finish my Circle?

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
Re: Next project?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 05:58:47 PM »
Work on playing with the armies you have before starting new ones ;)
beep bop boop

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 07:51:32 PM »
well no one ever plays 40k much that I can see its mostly warma hordes now when i have days off.

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 09:04:15 PM »
well no one ever plays 40k much that I can see its mostly warma hordes now when i have days off.

There's always a game or two of 40k on Saturdays; you want to play 40k, just post when you want to play.

I'm expecting\hoping to see a bit more after the doubles tourney...
But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 10:42:13 PM »
If everyone who said "No one plays 40k anymore" decided to play to 40k, then people would actually be playing 40k. It's self-fulfilling. Play and others will play. Don't and others won't.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 12:43:52 AM »

There's always a game or two of 40k on Saturdays; you want to play 40k, just post when you want to play.

thats just it I have to work Satudays

King of the Elves

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 01:27:23 AM »
for the past 4 months, almost every weekend (saturday & sunday) I have seen people playing 40K, do you work on sundays also?

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 08:11:58 AM »

thats just it I have to work Saturdays

And the rest of the post said, post when you want to play..
We all work/have school, well a lot of us do, so post when you can play.. It'll work itself out......

Cheers,
Alan

But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 08:33:58 AM »
If everyone who said "No one plays 40k anymore" decided to play to 40k, then people would actually be playing 40k. It's self-fulfilling. Play and others will play. Don't and others won't.

It's as is Confucius plays table top wargames.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 02:26:42 PM »

thats just it I have to work Saturdays

And the rest of the post said, post when you want to play..
We all work/have school, well a lot of us do, so post when you can play.. It'll work itself out......

Cheers,
Alan

Alright ill give it a go

GossWeapon

• Epic Tier Level 22
  • Legendary Creature - Troll
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 09:58:23 PM »
You should learn how to play 40k.  I hear that Dark Vengeance is a good start.
Tiger's Den founding member

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 02:34:45 AM »
troll some one else dave

GossWeapon

• Epic Tier Level 22
  • Legendary Creature - Troll
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2013, 03:44:42 AM »
Who?
Tiger's Den founding member