Author Topic: Chaos Terminator Lord in the New Dex  (Read 503 times)

Chaosconsumesus

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
Chaos Terminator Lord in the New Dex
« on: January 25, 2013, 03:00:54 PM »
Can anyone shed some light on if he is worth it and what would be the optimal load out for him?
I play
WHFB- Dwarves
WH40K- Tyranids
Bolt Action- US Paratroopers
Super Dungeon Explore

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
Re: Chaos Terminator Lord in the New Dex
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 05:15:23 PM »
All lords must be on a Juggernaught with a Blind Axe, otherwise you are playing it wrong.

In seriousness, I think termie armor is fine, I just think you have to have purpose to the terminator armor, which would mostly to deepstrike him with some terminators.   Maybe if you were going to go charging out of a Landraider, ok, but the Chaos LR isn't so great and the termie armor keeps you from wiping out squad with a sweeping advance, so there's that.  If you're going to be walking him up the board, I think you're better off giving him something like a bike or demonic mount. 

Or, y'know, maybe you just think the termie armor looks really cool.  Cuz I think it does. 

Typhus

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 02:14:48 AM »
All lords must be on a Juggernaught with a Blind Axe, otherwise you are playing it wrong.

In seriousness, I think termie armor is fine, I just think you have to have purpose to the terminator armor, which would mostly to deepstrike him with some terminators.   Maybe if you were going to go charging out of a Landraider, ok, but the Chaos LR isn't so great and the termie armor keeps you from wiping out squad with a sweeping advance, so there's that.  If you're going to be walking him up the board, I think you're better off giving him something like a bike or demonic mount. 

Or, y'know, maybe you just think the termie armor looks really cool.  Cuz I think it does.

Nurgle Lord on a Bike with the Mace is also a valid choice, at T6.
0000 - Rest Period - BUT YOU BETTER NOT SPEND FOUR WHOLE HOURS SLEEPING. IF YOU DO YOU ARE NOT ANGRY ENOUGH AND TOMORROW YOU GET THE FIRST CHANCE TO PLAY PIN THE TAU ON THE CARNIFEX.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 02:05:18 PM »
Whatever you do don't play the Chaos Lord the wrong way  ;D

Chaosconsumesus

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 03:02:06 PM »
Hahaha thanks guys I guess the Axe sounds good maybe with a Combi Weapon
I play