Author Topic: New FAQs are out  (Read 3750 times)

Mannahnin

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
Re: New FAQs are out
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2013, 10:52:37 PM »
Range limiting allocation seems clear to me.  I'm with Troy, Andalucien, etc.   It's a bit funny that one firing model with a longer range can extend the range for eligible casualties for his whole squad, but then, shooting has always had some abstractions.  And this actually gives squads with the option of a longer-ranged heavy weapon (like Tac Marines) an advantage over Grey Hunters and GK Strike squads, who all cap out at 24".
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 10:54:45 PM by Mannahnin »

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2013, 11:23:19 PM »
*sigh*, no one understands me. 

Mannahnin

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2013, 02:55:14 AM »
I'm pretty sure I understand you.  You're confused about the rules if you think that wounds from the squad heavy bolter form a different wound pool from wounds caused by their bolters, though.  They're different groups in the same wound pool.

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2013, 08:48:51 AM »
At the beginning of shooting, wouldn't the "wound pool" have to start within the range of the bolters original range before you start tallying it?

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2013, 11:33:20 AM »
I'm pretty sure I understand you.  You're confused about the rules if you think that wounds from the squad heavy bolter form a different wound pool from wounds caused by their bolters, though.  They're different groups in the same wound pool.

That's a bit of a distinction without a difference, but yeah, I guess it means we don't have to worry about that technicality.  In any case, I only brought it up because Troy made a big deal out of, I think thinking that it affected my logic.  Not the point at all. 

Grimwulfe

• God
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2013, 11:49:57 AM »
Just an FYI -- I havent begun to make a big deal about anything yet.  When that happens you'll definitely know.
Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2013, 01:03:00 PM »
"mentioned as if it was important?"  I didn't think you were mad. 

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2013, 01:49:33 PM »
So according to this new rule lets say you are shooting at a 3x10 column of thirty Ork boyz. Your unit however only has enough range to reach the 9 boyz in the first three rows. Even if you do twenty wounds only 9 boyz would be removed as casualties?
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2013, 01:56:38 PM »
Yes.

But I want to know why you are shooting at Square Base units with 40k models. 

Mannahnin

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2013, 02:01:34 PM »
Ease of visualization, I suspect.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2013, 03:50:22 PM »
OK, let's move on to other things the FAQs covered.

*Coteaz does not keep Hammerhand when getting BRB book, powers.  Which is the right answer, I think, but much in doubt, and Sam had actually ruled the other way, and I was abusing that. 

*They apparently can not even simple proof-read worth crap, because almost every Special Character in the DA codex had something wrong with their wargear, models had a special rules they did not have, options were missing from unit entries, etc.
I mean really, this was extra special amateur hour.

*Noise marines can take twice as man blastmasters, which is a pretty huge freaking jump, since that was bout half the reason to take them. 

*Vindicare shots can now trump Look OUt Sirs!, which is good, since that's pretty much his whole point.  (aside from auto penning everything)

*Really, people were asking if infantry could go inside a nightscythe?  That was frequently asked?

*They clarified a few of the rules around Storm Raven's, but nothing surprising

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2013, 06:01:17 PM »
Yes.

But I want to know why you are shooting at Square Base units with 40k models.

You know how orcs are. Sometimes they get bored and wander off into other games. Back to the Ork column lets you had one weapon with a different profile that had enough range to reach everyone and you manage to do 3 more wounds with it you would still only be able to remove 12 models as casualties?
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.

Mannahnin

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2013, 06:19:23 PM »
If the firing unit has any weapon firing which can reach the back guys, all the wounds in the wound pool (even those dealt by shorter range weapons) can be allocated to anyone in range of the firing weapon which reaches the furthest.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2013, 06:28:01 PM »
Maybe. 

Mannahnin

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2013, 12:50:33 AM »
I quite seriously don't see any ambiguity.  There is only one wound pool.  The word "any" makes clear that just one firing model needs to have range.