Author Topic: New Dark Angels Thread  (Read 7507 times)

Typhus

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
Re: New Dark Angels Thread
« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2013, 11:00:18 AM »
new FAQ is out.  And you can use the guy from the DV box set now;

Q: How many points is Interrogator-Chaplain Seraphicus, from the
special edition Dark Vengeance boxed game?
A: 125 points. Seraphicus is an HQ choice in a Dark Angels
army, and a special character. He is an Interrogator-Chaplain
armed with a plasma pistol, as listed in Codex: Dark Angels. He
replaces the Interrogator-Chaplain’s Zealot special rule with his
own Litanies of the Dark Angels special rule.
0000 - Rest Period - BUT YOU BETTER NOT SPEND FOUR WHOLE HOURS SLEEPING. IF YOU DO YOU ARE NOT ANGRY ENOUGH AND TOMORROW YOU GET THE FIRST CHANCE TO PLAY PIN THE TAU ON THE CARNIFEX.

Erich

• Heroic Tier Level 5
« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2013, 11:21:57 AM »

Hurricane bolter:  three twin linked boltguns firing as a single weapon
Salvo banner: all friendly.... treat their boltguns as salvo 2/4

again seems really simple that hurricane bolters are affected.

I agree.

Tsilber

« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2013, 12:50:33 PM »

I agree.

The weapon type is "Hurricane bolter", not "Boltgun"

Hurricane bolter description says "Counts as 3 twin linked boltguns".

The banner says treat their "boltguns".

I came back to my roots and picked up a bunch of dark angels, I would love hurricane bolters to be effected. But quite easily, Hurricane Bolters are not "boltguns". "Counts as" should have nothing to do with it.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 12:52:24 PM by Tsilber »

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2013, 12:52:39 PM »
I can nearly guarantee you that hurricane bolters were not intended to be affected. 

Bill

• Paragon Tier Level 14
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Dark Star
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2013, 01:21:17 PM »
Agreed, don't think it counts. It would awesome if it did though.

Erich

• Heroic Tier Level 5
« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2013, 01:26:59 PM »

I agree.

The weapon type is "Hurricane bolter", not "Boltgun"

Hurricane bolter description says "Counts as 3 twin linked boltguns".

The banner says treat their "boltguns".

I came back to my roots and picked up a bunch of dark angels, I would love hurricane bolters to be effected. But quite easily, Hurricane Bolters are not "boltguns". "Counts as" should have nothing to do with it.

What about bolt pistols, storm bolters, and heavy bolters? They are considered "Boltguns" according to the rules...would they be affected by the banner? Are they talking about "boltguns" the weapon itself or "boltguns" as a class of weapons?

Not trying to cause a fuss but it would be a good thing to see in a faq.

Bill

• Paragon Tier Level 14
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Dark Star
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: January 16, 2013, 01:31:30 PM »
I think people are confusing bolt weapons with bolters, bolters are a type of bolt weapon just like a heavy bolter. This means that when they say bolter this means 24" range str 4 ap5 rapid fire.

Edit: if it meant what you are inferring you could say "oh my tac squad has bolters, this means I can use the heavy bolter profile"

Erich

• Heroic Tier Level 5
« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2013, 01:43:00 PM »
I think people are confusing bolt weapons with bolters, bolters are a type of bolt weapon just like a heavy bolter. This means that when they say bolter this means 24" range str 4 ap5 rapid fire.

Edit: if it meant what you are inferring you could say "oh my tac squad has bolters, this means I can use the heavy bolter profile"

Makes sense.

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2013, 01:46:22 PM »
Hurricanbolters are listed AS three twin linked boltguns, there is no counts as in the description.

So for good or bad, they are three twin linked bolt guns firing as a single weapon (e.g at the same target) and so ar affected by the standard of devastation.

If the wording was counts as you'd have a point but thats not how its listed in my book....

Cheers,
Alan

P.s. I don't have any in my army and won't for the foreseable future.
But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2013, 01:51:05 PM »
Yup.  Boltguns, bolt pistols, heavy bolters, storm bolters are all "bolt weapons" (as well as a few others)

Also, Bolters=boltguns, they are used interchangeably.  But neither means "all bolt weapons".

You have a little bit of an argument in that a hurricane bolter is "made up of boltguns", but c'mon, you KNOW that's not what they meant.  A hurricane bolter =/= a boltgun.  Otherwise, when you get a weapon destroyed result you'd have to roll for each boltgun separately. 

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2013, 01:52:09 PM »
So for good or bad, they are three twin linked bolt guns firing as a single weapon (e.g at the same target) and so ar affected by the standard of devastation.

I love it when people state debatable points as fact. 

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2013, 01:56:12 PM »
Yup.  Boltguns, bolt pistols, heavy bolters, storm bolters are all "bolt weapons" (as well as a few others)

Also, Bolters=boltguns, they are used interchangeably.  But neither means "all bolt weapons".

You have a little bit of an argument in that a hurricane bolter is "made up of boltguns", but c'mon, you KNOW that's not what they meant.  A hurricane bolter =/= a boltgun.  Otherwise, when you get a weapon destroyed result you'd have to roll for each boltgun separately.

I'd agree that by the letter of the rules hurricane bolters should benefit from salvo, maybe it wasen't intended that way but it will have to be FAQd.

Personally i dont know how many armies you will see with land raider crusaders or the flyer and the banner.

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #87 on: January 16, 2013, 02:04:52 PM »

I love it when people state debatable points as fact.

I love it when people consider something clearly written as debatable, just because they don't like it...

But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2013, 02:07:55 PM »

Tsilber

« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2013, 02:29:35 PM »
I was going to point out in the back of the dark angels book under ranged weapon, hurricane bolter. But its not even in the ranged weapon profile chart. Either way, the weapons "Entry" type to me says "hurricane bolter". Not "3 twin linked boltguns". Id love for the banner to effect it, but it just doesn't seem so. I guess if i played a dark angels player trying to use it that way i'd argue against, get a judge, or flip the table over.. i dont know /shrug.

I have another question though, Ravenwing Command squad only has 3 bikers, however on page 96 under the entry. It clearly shows 5 bikers, one looks to be a champion of caliban upgrade, apothecary upgrade, banner carrier, and then a grenade launcher on a 4th one. The 5th one looks to be holding a corvus hammer. The only way to get 5 bikers in a command squad would be adding a libby and a techmarine on bike. In the picture, none of those look like a Libby or techmarine to me.

Deathwing can have 5 models. Do you Think Ravenwing command is gonna get an FAQ? or just fail entry/picture combo by GW.