Author Topic: HI!  (Read 410 times)

Rekarof

HI!
« on: October 16, 2012, 10:04:58 PM »
Hello everyone, my name is Jack and I'm new to the area, moved from Illinois...I live about a three minute drive to Battleground Games.  Anyway, just wanted to check in with the 40k crowd.  I met Chase earlier today and he said the Warhammer 40k community at BGG was solid and a great bunch of guys.

I'm not new to 40k but have not played in a few years due to some real life issues that needed attention.  I have free time now would like to get involved again.  I started out with IG towards the end of 2nd Ed. then started Space Wolves about half way through 3rd Ed and played them up to the begining of 5th Ed.  I currently have about 8 - 10k of wolves but really cant find the motivation to dust them off.  Besides, I read with thier new rules they are pretty sick now.

So, from all the chatter on Dakka Dakka and other forums, Chaos seemed to get nerfed a little.  So I started a Chaos army ;)  I figure what better way to learn 6th Ed. then get my butt handed to me.  I have a lot of the figs purchased, just not assemble yet.  I'm pretty stoked reading through the 6th Ed. main rule book....a lot of changes but looks good so far.  Anyway, I may pop in and say Hi on Thursday (that is the 40k night, right), meet a few....maybe watch a game or 2.

Jack

P.S.  You guys better not whoop up on my Chaos too bad, I just my have to recommision the boys in baby blue armor! :)  Kidding!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 10:07:49 PM by Rekarof »

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
Re: HI!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 10:22:20 PM »
Hey Jack, if you do make it down for a Thursday 40k, I'll be glad to introduce you around. Everyone is still learning 6th Edition, so it's a really good time to jump in.

Space Wolves are really solid. And from what I've seen, if anything Chaos got better... in that anything is better than their last codex.  :P

Rekarof

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 09:36:14 AM »
I hope you're right Ben.  I thought Chaos looked pretty good myself but I have been out of the hobby for a number of years so I cant say for sure.  I remember the Defiler, Greater Deamons and Bloodletters all being nasty and they seem to be some that dropped in power or removed from the codex altogether.  Who knows, I got all the competitiveness out of me years ago...just looking to have a little fun now.  ;D

What time you going to be there on Thursday?  I will look you up.
Jack

Seth

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 11:26:19 AM »
the deamons are a seperate codex now but because of the new 6th ed rules you are able to use allies and bring both chaos space marines and deamons together along with alot of other combinations.
those who win every battle are not really skillful- those who render others' armies helpless without fighting are the best of all.  ~Master Sun Tzu