Author Topic: A CSM question  (Read 1711 times)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
A CSM question
« on: October 09, 2012, 03:36:48 PM »
On page 33 under Daemon Prince Upgrades it speaks about the Mark of Tzeetch.  It says "in addition deamons of Tzeetch reroll all saving throw results of 1."
and then...
On page 104, the summary of Daemon Prince Upgrades says, "reroll all saving throw results of 1."

So... Do we apply the actual rule to EVERY daemon of Tzeetch, like it seems to state, or do we go with the summary, which seems to imply that it's just his saves.

It seems to me like the intent may have been "Daemon Price Only" but it certainly seems to say otherwise.

Thoughts?
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Bill

• Paragon Tier Level 14
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Dark Star
    • Email
Re: A CSM question
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 03:43:55 PM »
I would say that is certainly just the prince himself. Board wide effects are usually specified as such like epidemius and whatnot. The marks are clear who they effect and the effects are only applied to those who are covered by it. Like a mark of Khorne specifies the unit gets rage.

Typhus

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 04:12:26 PM »
Plus, rules from one Codex to not transfer from another;  I.E the USR Daemon in the Daemon Codex is entirely different from the USR Daemon in the BRB, which is the one you use for CSM.
0000 - Rest Period - BUT YOU BETTER NOT SPEND FOUR WHOLE HOURS SLEEPING. IF YOU DO YOU ARE NOT ANGRY ENOUGH AND TOMORROW YOU GET THE FIRST CHANCE TO PLAY PIN THE TAU ON THE CARNIFEX.

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 04:21:09 PM »
To be anal, a Daemon of Tzeentch is just the daemon prince from the Chaos Space Marine Codex with the "Daemon of Tzeentch" option.

The daemon prince cannot get a mark of Tzeentch, just becomes a "Daemon of Tzeentch".

So I agree with Bill, that it is only for that model, that has the "Daemon of Tzeentch" rule.

Grimwulfe

• God
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 04:43:08 PM »
I will also express my agreement with my fellow comrades here.
Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 08:31:39 PM »
Some rulings from Sam:

"Daemons of Tzeentch" may be translated as "models with the Daemon of Tzeentch upgrade"; linguistically, it clearly refers to the name of the upgrade. Daemon princes do not bestow that benefit onto every Tzeentch daemon in their army.

I don't believe the addition of a new Warlord Trait chart and specific Warlord traits for named characters means that traits are a balancing factor. The new chart indicates that the Warlord Traits in the main rulebook are a stopgap, until each army gets army-specific ones in their own codexes. The ones included as part of a named character are obviously of benefit (since you don't have to roll), so they are part of what makes those characters awesome.

[[For the tournament we will be the "roll twice" mechanic for the tournament.  You may select that CSM chart as one of the two you roll on.]]

Typhus will not allow additional zombies to be taken in excess of 10. - RAW, for better or worse.

andalucien

• God
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 08:47:46 PM »
Actually I think that Typhus' trait is a penalty...   Fear doesn't do anything.    (Don't believe me?  find a unit that isn't fearless, doesn't have ATSNKF, and would not get wiped by Typhus in one round even at its normal WS.  If it exists, it's pretty hard to find).

« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 09:06:08 PM by andalucien »
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2012, 10:18:40 PM »
I am a bit murky with how plauge Zombies work. The descriotion with Typhus is Vauge on how they are equipped and what their stat line should be.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2012, 10:49:44 PM »
Going the other way on Typhus and you're looking at 200+ models for like 1100 points.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2012, 11:10:21 PM »
Going the other way on Typhus and you're looking at 200+ models for like 1100 points.
Well, I'm sure Battleground would love to help any player stock their Plague armies accordingly!  ;)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2012, 11:13:31 PM »
Someone brought that up.  I don't disagree.  :D

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2012, 11:48:08 PM »
Typhus Plague Zombies are just so he has some Meat Shields for when he walks across the board and for overwatch crap. You use the Zombie Champion for the Challenge and let Typhus clean up the Squad.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

Grimwulfe

• God
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2012, 09:07:10 AM »
Zombies have no guns so no overwatch...
Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing

Seth

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2012, 09:52:05 AM »
they throw other zombies in overwatch thats why you need so many
those who win every battle are not really skillful- those who render others' armies helpless without fighting are the best of all.  ~Master Sun Tzu

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2012, 10:46:44 AM »
I meant when charging they take overwatch shots.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com