Author Topic: Dark Vengeance worth it for Chaos?  (Read 726 times)

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
Dark Vengeance worth it for Chaos?
« on: October 09, 2012, 12:29:30 AM »
I've been offered the Chaos half of the Dark Vengeance set from a friend of mine and looking it over and the rules for Chaos I don't see it being worth it to start a Chaos Army. Did the Math and its 523 points worth of models. It is the only way to get Cultists but I think the Chosen are Geared Rather poorly and bulky for what they do as well as the Chaos Lord.

Anyones opinions on this?
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

hudhouse

• Heroic Tier Level 1
Re: Dark Vengeance worth it for Chaos?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 10:23:35 AM »
Dont hold me on this, but the box is worth it if you want the chaos, a rule book, templates and if your good enough at converging you can model the dark angels after the chaos, so that can give you a few extra points. And you can switch around it so if you want the Dark angels, but it does save you 75$ to get the book and it costs a little more to get all the models in the box, its a great deal!

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
Re: Dark Vengeance worth it for Chaos?
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 11:50:37 AM »
My chosen will be used specifically for aspiring champs, most likely.  You could look at it that way.  Chosen are really just a bunch of the hardest guys in the warband outside of the lord and terminators.  So they would be fine to lead squads.

The helbrute is super cheap and pretty reliable so it's not something to just dust off now, like the old CSM codex.

The cultists will not doubt be cheapest in this set as they will be more expensive by themselves.  I would imagine much like cadians (10 for 22 bucks).

The lord... well he looks cool :P.  I have no plans for him but will probably hang on to him until I do.

I thought it was worth it but YMMV.  Also, everyone wants cultists, even holding on to them to trade off for other CSM stuff could be worth it.