Author Topic: [Plainville MA] Warhammer 40k 1850pt Tournament - 10/13  (Read 7059 times)

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
Re: [Plainville MA] Warhammer 40k 1850pt Tournament - 10/13
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2012, 07:24:32 PM »
Your making a mountain out of a mole hill.  I go to numerous GT and tournys accross the country.  And trust me this has come up and isnt that big of a deal.
You've been to numerous GTs since the release of the new codex three days ago?

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2012, 07:57:06 PM »
turning models into spawn has been around for like 5-6 years.

andalucien

• God
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2012, 10:47:13 PM »
Due to the nature of chaos, there is a tremendous variety in what a chaos spawn and a daemon prince could look like.

Isn't it possible that in the infinite variety of chaos, somewhere, sometime, a Spawn will be created that looks like rather like a Space Marine, only an eerie uniformly antiseptic grey from head to toe?  Or maybe even a Daemon prince that looks like a flat black disk, 60mm wide (in 28mm scale terms of course)?
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2012, 11:23:13 PM »
turning models into spawn has been around for like 5-6 years.
But models turning into Daemon Princes?

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2012, 12:43:19 AM »
I love how you're trying to make me out to be a bad guy it seems like. I am not saying to go buy the models I am not saying haha you're screwed. I saw this reading the codex and felt hey I don't want some guy to end up having a problem because he didn't know about it and leaving him in a bad situation. I didn't want Sam and Chase having to resolve this at the tournament when it came up and have people be upset about knowing prior to the tournament.

I don't mind the idea of a Proxy for the case that it happens in a game against me. Heck I shown up to a Tournament with Cardboard Cutout Flying bases cause GW sent me the wrong ones and Sam has been fine with it.

Probability of getting Spawnhood: 5.5%
Probability of getting Dark Apotheosis: 5.5%
Chances of 1 these things happening: 11%

If the situation comes up I think most people would like to know what is happening before the tournament and whether or not they want it to happen that way.

Example: Necron Conga line you wouldn't want to show up not knowing you couldn't do it then being told you couldn't and your army can't do what you made it to do. (I know Faq fixed this but prior to the Faq update.)
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2012, 08:14:47 AM »
I saw this reading the codex and felt hey I don't want some guy to end up having a problem because he didn't know about it and leaving him in a bad situation. I didn't want Sam and Chase having to resolve this at the tournament ...

If the situation comes up I think most people would like to know what is happening before the tournament and whether or not they want it to happen that way.
Didn't you know? If you stop caring, issues simply go away! No need to resolve anything, ever.

Grimwulfe

• God
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2012, 10:10:27 AM »
Very amusing this is, I must say.  Loranus not making anyone to be the "bad guy" however I expect people to have a certain amount of common sense.  Am I always right, No.  Do I have all the anwers, No.   

If there is a chance your model can turn into something then have the model or deal with the consequences.  6E is a new edition not a totally new game all of these issue have come up in the past in some shape or form.

Does my opinion differ from people sure.  Am I up at arms because of it no.  Alot of the issues here are symantics that with a little fore thought answer themseleves. 

Regardless of that Sam needs to chime in to put minds at ease.   Have a great tourny Sam and Chase as always do a great job.  I hope all have a great day.
Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2012, 10:19:19 AM »
I love how you're trying to make me out to be a bad guy it seems like. I am not saying to go buy the models I am not saying haha you're screwed. I saw this reading the codex and felt hey I don't want some guy to end up having a problem because he didn't know about it and leaving him in a bad situation. I didn't want Sam and Chase having to resolve this at the tournament when it came up and have people be upset about knowing prior to the tournament.

I don't mind the idea of a Proxy for the case that it happens in a game against me. Heck I shown up to a Tournament with Cardboard Cutout Flying bases cause GW sent me the wrong ones and Sam has been fine with it.

Probability of getting Spawnhood: 5.5%
Probability of getting Dark Apotheosis: 5.5%
Chances of 1 these things happening: 11%

Example: Necron Conga line you wouldn't want to show up not knowing you couldn't do it then being told you couldn't and your army can't do what you made it to do. (I know Faq fixed this but prior to the Faq update.)

Kudos for bringing it up but it's sad that it has to be considered that people haven't / won't read their codex.

2. All models must follow “What You See Is What You Get” (WYSIWYG). All weapons, war gear, and so forth must be represented on the model.

But, derp.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2012, 07:02:09 PM »
Kudos for bringing it up but it's sad that it has to be considered that people haven't / won't read their codex.
That's not the case at all. The more likely scenario is that given just a week to digest an entire codex, some of the finer points are likely to be not as well understood. It's not unreasonable to anticipate (especially given that tight time frame) a player to showing up to our tournament with an idea of how he thinks something works, or more importantly how BG thinks it works, only to find out something radically different.

I rather would have 100 needless conversations than 1 misunderstanding like that.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 07:03:43 PM by Benjamin »

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2012, 07:42:37 PM »
We expect players to bring a model that represents a Chaos Spawn or Daemon Price as accurately as possible.

If anyone reading this would like to bring an extra one of each, in case someone needs one and doesn't have it, that would be awesome.

I understand that most models on the correct base size are probably adequate substitutes but we appreciate WYSIWYG stuff in our tournament environments.

Basically, for this event:  Try to arrange having the correct model in the instance that you need it.  If you do not, bring something that is "close" and we will work with you to make sure it's as much of a non-issue as possible. 
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2012, 08:30:46 PM »
Some rulings from Sam:

"Daemons of Tzeentch" may be translated as "models with the Daemon of Tzeentch upgrade"; linguistically, it clearly refers to the name of the upgrade. Daemon princes do not bestow that benefit onto every Tzeentch daemon in their army.

I don't believe the addition of a new Warlord Trait chart and specific Warlord traits for named characters means that traits are a balancing factor. The new chart indicates that the Warlord Traits in the main rulebook are a stopgap, until each army gets army-specific ones in their own codexes. The ones included as part of a named character are obviously of benefit (since you don't have to roll), so they are part of what makes those characters awesome.

[[For this tournament we will be the "roll twice" mechanic.  You may select that CSM chart as one of the two you roll on.]]

Typhus will not allow additional zombies to be taken in excess of 10. - RAW, for better or worse.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 05:16:11 PM by Chase »
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Typhus

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2012, 02:46:25 PM »
We expect players to bring a model that represents a Chaos Spawn or Daemon Price as accurately as possible.

If anyone reading this would like to bring an extra one of each, in case someone needs one and doesn't have it, that would be awesome.

I understand that most models on the correct base size are probably adequate substitutes but we appreciate WYSIWYG stuff in our tournament environments.

Basically, for this event:  Try to arrange having the correct model in the instance that you need it.  If you do not, bring something that is "close" and we will work with you to make sure it's as much of a non-issue as possible.

I've got 2 Spawn and 2 Princes I can loan out.  Cheap, too!  :)
0000 - Rest Period - BUT YOU BETTER NOT SPEND FOUR WHOLE HOURS SLEEPING. IF YOU DO YOU ARE NOT ANGRY ENOUGH AND TOMORROW YOU GET THE FIRST CHANCE TO PLAY PIN THE TAU ON THE CARNIFEX.

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2012, 03:50:51 PM »

That will be great for when you oversleep and don't show up  ;)

Typhus

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2012, 04:11:11 PM »

That will be great for when you oversleep and don't show up  ;)

Quiet, you.  :D
0000 - Rest Period - BUT YOU BETTER NOT SPEND FOUR WHOLE HOURS SLEEPING. IF YOU DO YOU ARE NOT ANGRY ENOUGH AND TOMORROW YOU GET THE FIRST CHANCE TO PLAY PIN THE TAU ON THE CARNIFEX.

hudhouse

• Heroic Tier Level 1
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2012, 09:03:33 AM »
The tournament is today, everyone have a good time and battle!  ;D