Author Topic: [Plainville MA] Battleground's 40k "Minvitational" - 1250pts - Invite Only - 9/1  (Read 3386 times)

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
Sorry, my 9 silver painted vendettas haven't arrived form the overseas painter yet. 

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
Sorry, my 9 silver painted vendettas haven't arrived form the overseas painter yet.

Boo!  What is that about?  You're not a bad painter.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
Thanks, but I was joking.  Aside from a few characters I bought off ebay years ago, I paint all my own stuff.  Oh, and I had my friend Navin (who owns paintedfigs.com) have his guys paint some gnobblars for me......because I didn't want to paint gnobblars.

Going over and trying to bring my old Tau up to standard.......blergh.  Painting old models is like re-editing poetry you wrote in high school.

Captain Bryan!

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBryanCosplay
    • Captain Bryan Cosplay
    • Email
Do I qualify?

EDIT: Chase said that I do.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 10:14:14 PM by Captain Bryan! »

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
To Clear this up for people real quick.

1. If you qualify You still need to E-mail Chase to sign up for the tournament I know people were interested and hes mentioned that they still havent signed up get on that.

2. Lists are Due today so if your signing up you should send your 1250 list also.

3. If your not sure you qualify talk to Chase ASAP I doubt he wants to try and figure this stuff out the NIght before when hes setting up all the Terrain for another Wonderful Tournament.

4. Have fun at this Tournament.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
4. Have fun at this Tournament.
I'm taking this tournament seriously.

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
I am seriously going to have Fun when I kick your Butt. :3
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
The following missions from the rulebook will be used:

Mission: Crusade, Page 126 (5 objectives, placed NOVA style with one in the middle of the table and one in the center of each table quarter.)
Deployment: Vanguard

Mission: Purge the Alien, Page 127
Deployment: Spearhead (as in 5th Edition)

Mission: Relic*, Page 131
*Instead of one Relic, there will be three "relics". A single squad can move only one relic.
Deployment: Pitched Battle (Dawn of War with no Night Fight)

This tournament will use Victory Points for overall scoring, as scored in the main rulebook, with some exceptions.

In addition to Victory Points earned from Primary and Secondary missions, players will also earn points based on their efficiency. For every 100 composition points you have above your enemy's total (rounded down), you will earn 1 Victory Point. Example: If you have 600 composition points more than your opponent, you score 6 Victory Points.

Composition Points:

Units Destroyed
At the end of the game every unit that has been destroyed is worth an amount of Composition Points equal to its points cost (including the cost of all its extra wargear, vehicle upgrades, etc). Units that end the game falling back or off the battlefield count as destroyed.

Units at Half Strength
At the end of the game every enemy surviving unit that has lost half of its initial models or more is worth an amount of Composition Points equal to half its points cost (including the cost of all its extra wargear, vehicle upgrades, etc), rounded down. In the case of units that start the game as a single model (independent characters, monstrous creatures, etc), they are worth half their points in composition points if they have lost half or more of the Wounds on their profile. In the case of vehicles, they are worth half their points cost in Composition Points if they are suffering from the effects of any Damaged result at the end of the game.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

hudhouse

• Heroic Tier Level 1
um do you NEED a rulebook? or is it just highly recomended?

Chris

• Heroic Tier Level 7
You generally have to have a physical rule book and a copy of all codices you will use for your army.
We do not stop playing because we get old. We get old when we stop playing.  -Benjamin Franklin

When you come to the end and you can't go any farther, you've got to go over the wall. Gotta see what's there.  -Gary Gygax

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
You generally have to have a physical rule book and a copy of all codices you will use for your army.
This. When rules questions come up, and they will, it's a really good idea to have the rules.

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
This is So Last Minute but anyone coming up from the New Bedford Area that could give me a ride up to the tournament tomorrow? I had some car issues and trying to find a ride up.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
"Master Belial, only 22 suits of Terminator armor have arrived to the battlefield intact."

"Then, Interrogator-Chaplain, let us prepare to roll some jank-ass dice."

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
"Master Belial, only 22 suits of Terminator armor have arrived to the battlefield intact."

"Then, Interrogator-Chaplain, let us prepare to roll some jank-ass dice."

your dice usually are QUITE "jank" indeed sir

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
I think everyone learned quite a bit today, which was the point of this whole event. We have a new group of players ready to take on the tournament scene for realsies, and we have a better idea of what won't work for tournaments heading forward. A very good day for the hobby all around. :D