Author Topic: [Plainville MA] Battleground's 40k "Minvitational" - 1250pts - Invite Only - 9/1  (Read 3381 times)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Thanks for the invite.

I love that I can bring some of my favorite models to the event even though they are not 'competitive'. 
Back to painting/modeling!

Shoot me an email when you know for sure that you're in, Deejay.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

labmouse42

• Email
I already confirmed via email earlier this week.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
In that case, you're all set.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Librarian

• Heroic Tier Level 8
    • Email
I am kinda tempted to try this, though I don't know how I will feel after the mega-battle, plus its really just me paying 20$ to spend my Saturday loosing every round of a tournament it will be like star wars minis all over again.

Grimwulfe

• God
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Email
However you will never get any better unless you try...  This tourny is a great place because many if not all the guys who have been doing extremely well are gone.
Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
I agree....doesn't really matter whether it's 40k, chess, starcraft, or boxing.....the only way to win is to lose until you don't.

And that's the entire point of this tournament, right?  Take the "hard cases" out and let the newer or less hard core players have a stab at it. 

If you have any inclination at all to getting better (this isn't just about painting models....whcih hey, nothing wrong with that if it is) you should probably do this tournament. 

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
Or, you know, don't worry about winning so much and just enjoy a day of 40k with an army you like. My Thousand Sons don't measure up well to GKs or Necrons, but its always fun to see what I can do with them.
beep bop boop

Librarian

• Heroic Tier Level 8
    • Email
ahh but playing thousand sons I am inherently playing a crippled army which in theory will shortly be getting a new book so all the practice in the world and all the looseing in the world wont actually help make me better.

That said I did take saturday the 1st off from work so I have it free for the minvitational.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
And that's the entire point of this tournament, right?  Take the "hard cases" out and let the newer or less hard core players have a stab at it. 
BG isn't taking the hard cases out, as all the hard cases should be at NOVA.

This tournament is a result of a number of ideas we wanted to do, all bouncing around for some time. Suddenly, everything just "fit". 6th Edition should be well in hand by the next tournament counting toward the Invitational, and BG won't have missed a beat.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
Am I a hard case?  I'm not going to Nova, does that mean I can go to the minvitational?

I'll bring my "fluffy" Tau list.  All Firewarriors, no rail guns. 

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
Am I a hard case?  I'm not going to Nova, does that mean I can go to the minvitational?

I'm pretty sure you've finished in the Top Ten on a BG event this year.

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
Rick James is going to be sad that he won't get an invitational spot from this. Maybe he'll leave his 4-6 Necron fliers at home!
beep bop boop

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email

I'm pretty sure you've finished in the Top Ten on a BG event this year.

Lies!

cryptoron

• Epic Tier Level 24
I was able to determine that I can make it to this.  Chase, I'll send you the Email today,
"A Thunderhawk full of Necrons...WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW!!!!!"

Grimwulfe

• God
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Email

I'll bring my "fluffy" Tau list.  All Firewarriors, no rail guns.

No Matt this just means you need to man up and go to NOVA.
Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing