Author Topic: [Plainville MA] Feast of Blades Qualifier - 2000pt 40k 6th Edition Tourn - 8/4  (Read 4939 times)

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
If you concede or whatever you still get it.  It's meant to fight slow-play.  I don't know that it's really the best way to do that.  (since slow play is often a one sided affair, anyway)

It's going to be much worse in 6th, since A) we're all still getting used to it.  B) There's going to be a lot more rules to argue over.  C) 6th seems to actually take longer to play. 

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
I fully intend on playing my first 3 games of 6th on that day.    I also plan on challenging every rule I haven't experienced yet.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
That's not funny.

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
It doesn't matter, I am going to have 4 tervigons and jam you up with crappy fearless units.  We won't get past turn 3.

GoGo GantJam.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
You still owe me ice cream. 

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
Jams used to be considered a dessert, right?

MM3791

• God
What are the "Qualifying" conditions that have to be met in order to advance to the October event? I (hopefully) plan on enrolling tomorrow, my army is almost built but unfortunately won't be fully painted in time for Saturday.

Typhus

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
To qualify you simply have to be one of the three qualifiers by placing in 1st overall, 2nd overall or best general at a qualifier RTT location.

So its battle points + painting.  As the painting rubric is up to 20 points, it behooves one to have a painted army.

Rubric is here;

https://docs.google.com/a/darknoise.net/file/d/0Bwv4A2MZxWOnSlY2MjJORTlUTHliV3dfV01hLUprZw/edit
0000 - Rest Period - BUT YOU BETTER NOT SPEND FOUR WHOLE HOURS SLEEPING. IF YOU DO YOU ARE NOT ANGRY ENOUGH AND TOMORROW YOU GET THE FIRST CHANCE TO PLAY PIN THE TAU ON THE CARNIFEX.

MM3791

• God
Oh bummer, maybe I won't sign up then if I'm already going to start off with a severe disadvantage.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
Well I imagine best general doesn't include painting, and rubric looks pretty relaxed anyway.

You could also play just to play, get up to speed on 6th.

MM3791

• God
Well I imagine best general doesn't include painting, and rubric looks pretty relaxed anyway.

You could also play just to play, get up to speed on 6th.

True, I'll see what happens in the next 24 hours!

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
Unofficial results.

1st - Bill Souza
2nd - Dan Bunker
3rd - Matt Bennett

Best Painted - Dean Johnson

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
That's correct.  I will be posting the sheet tomorrow at some point.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

MM3791

• God
I'm hoping I got the smoking boots award lol

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
I'm hoping I got the smoking boots award lol

You did.  We owe you some dice, Mike.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."