Author Topic: New core eddition?  (Read 2936 times)

Grand Master Steve

New core eddition?
« on: June 24, 2012, 09:33:34 PM »
I heard a rumor of a new core set coming out? If this is true I plan on trying to jump back in first with dwarves then Circle Orboros. The new plastics for them look amazing but I got a lot of Hammerfall corps and Shield Gun Corps staring at me to be painted. Im very rusty at the game but if memory serves Warmahorde players show up at Abington on Thursday?

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
Re: New core eddition?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 10:08:56 PM »
i dont think they will make drawfs plastic anytime soon nor a battlebox

Scary Lobster

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 02:48:33 PM »
Mark2 just came out and I havent heard anything regarding a new ruleset. One isnt really needed as the only truely broken rule is the current shield guard ruling which will be changed in the next errata. That being said the game is def worth getting back into

Rofel

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 02:54:21 PM »
It took them 10 years for them to go from MKI to MKII? I doubt they'd be doing a huge revamp so soon but that's just my thoughts on the subject.

I haven't been there in awhile but I believe most Abington players are there Thursdays and we have a growing group of players at Plainville on Fridays.

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
  • Our beavers are better than you beavers
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 02:56:59 PM »
Whats wrong with shield guard? It seems pretty fair/not all that significant, is it some errata that is making it silly?
Tau theme song, "jump around"

jonm

• Heroic Tier Level 8
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 03:22:45 PM »
Both Warmachine and Hordes are getting expansions featuring some new models soon (Warmachine next month and Hordes later this year/early 2013). A new Hordes two player battle box is also coming out in September which has a more portable version of the current rulebook in it.

I'm also curious why Shield Guard needs to be errata'd. Only like 10 models have it, it only works once per round, and there are ways around it. If anything Sacrifical Pawn is much more annoying IMHO.

Rofel

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 04:24:27 PM »
Maybe the complaint is that shield wall still works while knocked down/stationary? Other than that I don't see any possible complaints with it, and there are plenty of answers to a shield walled unit.

I haven't had to go against a Sacrificial Pawn model yet, although I constantly use one myself.

Neldar

• Heroic Tier Level 1
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 08:33:49 PM »
The problem with Shield Guard is that if the attacker can't see the guard, the guard can't shield the attackers target.

So anytime you get LOS on a target, all you have to do is rotate your model so the guard is out of your front arc. Then the guard can't become target of the attack (since the attacker doesn't have LOS to it) and thus can't take the hit. This stems from the tactical tip on the shield guard model's entry in the books that says "If this model can't become the target of the attack for any reason, it cannot use Shield Guard" (or something really close to that).

This is horribly broken since any smart opponent will never let a shield guard be in the front arc of the attacking model.

The necessary change to the rule is a statement saying the guard needs LOS to the attacker in order to use the ability, not the other way around.

Rofel

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 08:42:22 PM »
My mistake. I misread and thought we were talking about shield wall.

jonm

• Heroic Tier Level 8
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 08:50:00 PM »
I see. Usually when someone calls something broken they mean its overpowered. I didn't get that people were saying its under-powered. I think the ineffectiveness of the rule is being seriously overstated though. A smart player could also predict his opponents intentions and position his own models accordingly.

Scary Lobster

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 09:00:30 PM »
No its pretty much broken :) not working as intended. Honestly its a rule that isnt used too often anyway so it isnt that big an issue. As for sac pawn its a strong rule but I'd hardly say broken. The only time its a real pain is when facing terminus. This is a reason I switched over to warmahordes from 40k... the rules are much tighter in this game which allows for a better competitive game imo

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 10:28:27 PM »
Lock and Load took place earlier this month.  As far as I know there was no mention of a new edition.

I certainly haven't heard or seen anything.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Demonster

• Heroic Tier Level 3
  • So what're we playing today?
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2012, 02:31:58 AM »
It's extremely unlikely of any new editions with all the new products they're releasing (Siege engines, colossals, gargantuans, 2-player starter boxes, etc.) to become extremely inconvenient for any and all players. They make a few rules changes every now and then that you can find on their main site somewhere with their most recently errata and rules changes for the better. Other than that, the game seems fine and broken enough as it is. ;D
I got a 1!....That's a good thing, right?

As quoted: Moonie, "What would you do for a Klondike Bar?" Cale, "I would make love to a camel. But it would have to be a mint chocolate chip one."

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2012, 04:45:08 PM »
i probably mis heard then they were probably refering to the new add on. Any way I am starting to paint my Rhulic Mercs while I wait to find an adaptor to an air compressor to use the GW spray gun to paint my flyers.

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2012, 12:53:38 PM »
How the heck you get the GW Spray Gun to work I never been able to get the thing to spray an even coat at all.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com