Author Topic: Allies Chart  (Read 5869 times)

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/
    • Email
Re: Allies Chart
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2012, 09:41:36 PM »
I think the important question is will they be called NecrOrks, or Orkrons?

Orkrons!

I like Orkons....
http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/

Warhammer 40k
6,914 pts Waaagh Dakkagut (Goff Orks)
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   
     183 pts Protectorate of Menoth

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • Email

Warhammer 40k
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2012, 11:58:36 AM »
Wow....Grey Knights gets the most amount of Allies of Convenience or better.  I really glad for that.  Grey Knights needed the most amount of help coming out of the last edition.

Orks, not so much.  But IG, Tau, Necrons as Allies of convenience does open up some interesting things.  Not going to be buying allies until I figure out what da Boyz need in 6th edition first.

Warhammer 40k
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2012, 12:01:27 PM »
Interesting.  I like it so far.  'cept for the lack of genestealer cults.

So, we have the matrix, anyone find the wording on the allies rules besides some rumors?

Bill

• Paragon Tier Level 14
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Dark Star
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2012, 12:15:15 PM »
I haven't seen any scans yet but from the Q+A i have seen from people who have the book (only one I have found that has actually taken a photo of the book with himself and a dated sign in the photo) have said that on top of your normal force org you get:

1 HQ and 1-2Troops mandatory
0-1 elite, Fast, and Heavy as a detachment, HQ cannot be a named character in the detachment.

I have been deliberately trying to break the system and so far it actually seems rather balanced. Things deflate quickly when you start borrowing points from your main force. Granted I have spent much more time just playing around with CSM/Daemons which IMO is actually one of the more powerful combos despite face value of the allies rules. Oh yeah, and anything with Space Wolves. IG is not as spectacular an ally as it appears IMO.

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2012, 01:20:40 PM »
I haven't seen any scans yet but from the Q+A i have seen from people who have the book (only one I have found that has actually taken a photo of the book with himself and a dated sign in the photo) have said that on top of your normal force org you get:

0-1 elite, Fast, and Heavy as a detachment, HQ cannot be a named character in the detachment.

I have been deliberately trying to break the system and so far it actually seems rather balanced. Things deflate quickly when you start borrowing points from your main force. Granted I have spent much more time just playing around with CSM/Daemons which IMO is actually one of the more powerful combos despite face value of the allies rules. Oh yeah, and anything with Space Wolves. IG is not as spectacular an ally as it appears IMO.

IG can give very cheap reserve manipulation and very likely AA guns.  I think it will be useful.

NateT

• Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2012, 01:30:21 PM »
I do like the idea of a small inquisition force or perhaps some embattled guardsmen in my Ultramarine army... so many hobbying possibilities...  Or maybe the Deathwing or Ravenwing showing up to help out... allies rules for casual play might kick some ass.  And sell some models!  ;D

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2012, 01:40:10 PM »
Wow....Grey Knights gets the most amount of Allies of Convenience or better.  I really glad for that.  Grey Knights needed the most amount of help coming out of the last edition.

Orks, not so much.  But IG, Tau, Necrons as Allies of convenience does open up some interesting things.  Not going to be buying allies until I figure out what da Boyz need in 6th edition first.

Gk do get to use almost everyone as allies of convenience, but they also get zero battle brothers and therefore lose out of whatever benefits that entails

Is it saturday yet?

« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 01:46:36 PM by PhoenixFire »

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2012, 01:57:40 PM »

I had missed the no special characters part.  That IMO makes the system sooo much better.  Bill, you know the Orks and 40k much much better than I do (and you have been trying to break the system...) who do you think will be the best dancing partner for the Orks?

Warhammer 40k
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   

Bill

• Paragon Tier Level 14
    • Dark Star
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2012, 02:13:14 PM »
I haven't done too much as far as ally lists go with Orks, mostly working on standard lists for them as I think 6th ed will give them alot of steam. IMO I feel like anything that does not have a Battle brother should just not use allies, not being able to join squads, use their vehicles, or special rules is just too restricting. This is why I feel Daemons and CSM are one of the best ally combos. Cheap daemon prince sorcerers paired with amazing CC units and troops that are useful is god-like.

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2012, 02:35:22 PM »
I haven't done too much as far as ally lists go with Orks, mostly working on standard lists for them as I think 6th ed will give them alot of steam. IMO I feel like anything that does not have a Battle brother should just not use allies, not being able to join squads, use their vehicles, or special rules is just too restricting. This is why I feel Daemons and CSM are one of the best ally combos. Cheap daemon prince sorcerers paired with amazing CC units and troops that are useful is god-like.

I would wait until the new CSM book comes out(rumored to be soon) before making too many purchases, unless this is for NOVA

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2012, 02:39:44 PM »
I can't Ally Space Marines with Space Marines :O. So unfair. Ya not being able to take Named Characters Really Balances the System out. You Won't see Deathwing or Ravenwing or ridiculous other shenanigans. Too Bad I cant put Mephiston with my Space Marines though :(.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

Bill

• Paragon Tier Level 14
    • Dark Star
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2012, 04:11:25 PM »

I would wait until the new CSM book comes out(rumored to be soon) before making too many purchases, unless this is for NOVA

This would be for NOVA but even so I wouldn't be buying much that I would not 100% use in my armies ( I can always use daemon princes.) The only purchase that would be a coin toss is plaguemarines.

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2012, 04:19:06 PM »
One step closer to LatD coming back.   Let's go cultists!

andalucien

• God
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2012, 04:19:28 PM »
Hmm... if I play Daemons, and I ally in CSM, do the CSM deploy normally?   What if I'm CSM and I ally in Daemons, do the Daemons still deploy by Daemonic Assault?
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.