Author Topic: Allies Chart  (Read 5887 times)

Grand Master Steve

Re: Allies Chart
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2012, 09:28:25 PM »
yuck i wish it were something a tad bit stronger for an unholy alliance. Being shaken on a roll of a 1 is nothing.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2012, 10:06:41 PM »
Now I've got an 87% chance of going first.
That'll help in all those objective games... Wait, no it won't. :)

My first thought went to Bill and Simon's doubles list. Psyker Battle Squads and Fear of the Darkness and Assault Marines. It probably won't *as* devastating combo in 6th, but still...

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2012, 01:26:33 AM »
Here's my concern about allies.  I worry that we will start to see certain "ally packages" which are repeated over and over across competive armies from all codexes.  Something like, Eldrad + a minimal unit of guardian jetbikes, to be used to completly shut down the opponent's psychic powers, and people realize this is a good package to have and suddenly you see 20 copies of Eldrad at a tournament.  Or, a cheap guard HQ and troop squad and then a squadron of 3 vendettas (which might be able to come on the table 36" and shoot all 3 lascannons according to some rumors) being included in everyone's army that can afford it.  That's the nightmare scenario. 

BTW, the thing about Sisters, IMHO, is that they are misunderstood to be a bad codex.  I guess it's a bad codex except for Celestine, Jacobus, Inquisitorial Henchmen, Retributors, Exorcists, Seraphim, Dominions,  rhinos (better than anyone else's, 35 pts with a free 6+ invul save), and Repentia (OK that last one is debatable but I think they're pretty slick).  Basically it's a codex with no choice but to take unexciting (though not terrible) troops, and then everything else in the army is quite good.

Eldrad will hurt your Own Psykers as well in most Cases. Allies of Convenience your Allies are treated for all purposes as Enemies. Eldrad will treat all your Psykers as an Enemy so when your librarian wants to do a Psychic Test he will have to roll 3d6 and suffer perils if he fails.

This is in the Case of Allies of Convenience which is the only thing Anyone has Confirmed information about. This comes from the Games-Workshop Announcement Video they put up on the Website on Saturday 6/23 where they show pages from the rule book.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2012, 09:22:21 AM »
Here is some more ally info

Battle Brothers: Good can join each others units with IC's and cast psychic powers as if they were friendly.

Allies of convienance: Cant join units or cast friendly powers

Desperate Allies: Have to roll if within 6" of an allied unit. if they roll a 1, they cannot do anything.

Necrons Allies:no battle brothers. allies of conveniance with chaos marines, gery knights (!!), tau and orcs. cant ally with deamons, any eldar or nids. all the rest are desperate allies. Desperate allies with Templars and Blood Angels
http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/

Warhammer 40k
6,914 pts Waaagh Dakkagut (Goff Orks)
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   
     183 pts Protectorate of Menoth

Logan007

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2012, 01:17:22 PM »
I think what I'm most excited about in 6th edition is the use of allies -- Inquisitors requisitioning Imperial Guard is a go again!

andalucien

• God
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2012, 01:21:37 PM »
I have to admit, from a fun / collecting standpoint, allies do seem kind of awesome.  You can just dip your toe into a new army and then actually use a couple units from it in real games.   Hopefully the worst case scenario where virtually all competive armies ally in the same unit won't come true.
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Logan007

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2012, 01:23:00 PM »
I have to admit, from a fun / collecting standpoint, allies do seem kind of awesome.  You can just dip your toe into a new army and then actually use a couple units from it in real games.   Hopefully the worst case scenario where virtually all competive armies ally in the same unit won't come true.

It will come true, but outside of tournaments, I'm sure the only people that will field them will be the same people I wouldn't want to play a friendly game of 40k with anyways.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2012, 02:32:54 PM »
I think what I'm most excited about in 6th edition is the use of allies -- Inquisitors requisitioning Imperial Guard is a go again!

As well as traitor guardsmen.

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2012, 02:56:12 PM »
Hmmmmm, Orks looting some Necrons....that could be the AT Orks need.

Big Mek cuts off necrons head and attaches boyz hear.  We really believe that will work.

Warhammer 40k
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2012, 05:07:46 PM »
Hmmmmm, Orks looting some Necrons....that could be the AT Orks need.

Big Mek cuts off necrons head and attaches boyz hear.  We really believe that will work.
ide love to see necron Orks. They beleive it, it will work.

Librarian

• Heroic Tier Level 8
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2012, 07:21:02 PM »
I think the important question is will they be called NecrOrks, or Orkrons?

Logan007

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2012, 07:22:47 PM »

Orkrons!

Typhus

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2012, 07:27:46 PM »
Not that I spend all day at work making army lists...BUT;

Assuming the worst, and assuming a comedy-option absurd points value;

a) 9 Obliterators + Fateweaver in either a Bastion or a Fortress of Redemption.

Good luck cracking that nut.

b) 90 Lootas with a Warlock and an Aegis Defense line

WE GOTZ COVER

c) Coteaz + Imoteph

Seize the Initiative on a 4+ with a re-roll

And so on.
0000 - Rest Period - BUT YOU BETTER NOT SPEND FOUR WHOLE HOURS SLEEPING. IF YOU DO YOU ARE NOT ANGRY ENOUGH AND TOMORROW YOU GET THE FIRST CHANCE TO PLAY PIN THE TAU ON THE CARNIFEX.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2012, 07:29:58 PM »

Orkrons!

Orkrons has a better ring to it. are they considered unholly? If so would make snence that they go to ground the tech is breaking down like most Orky stuff lol.

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2012, 09:38:40 PM »

b) 90 Lootas with a Warlock and an Aegis Defense line

WE GOTZ COVER

Didn't think about that one.  Maybe I need one of those defense line thingies when I build more lootas.

Warhammer 40k
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine