Author Topic: 6th edition product pictures (from Spanish WD or something)  (Read 3641 times)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email

Looking pretttty good!
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
Re: 6th edition product pictures (from Spanish WD or something)
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 03:49:48 AM »
wow fuck i really want that tape

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 03:52:02 AM »
I've already got you down for a tape.  I seriously hope I'm not going to be limited on any of this stuff.

Get your preorders in NOW folks.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 04:52:26 AM »
ok sweet i all so will be angry it there is a limit.

Matt Thomas

• Heroic Tier Level 6
  • My name is Matt and I am a pinning addict.
6th edition
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 08:23:11 AM »
How much is the rule book going to run?
Will it be cheaper to buy an Ipad and pirate?
How much for a kit wit the small *actually USEFUL* rule book?

Matt Thomas

• Heroic Tier Level 6
  • My name is Matt and I am a pinning addict.
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 08:27:02 AM »
Answered one of my own questions... I should learn to read.
$75 fuck.

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 08:57:59 AM »
Yeah, Orks get screwed with the new Psyic Powers that GW was hyping like heck.

I wonder if there is a rule in 6th when 25% of the Orks just die every turn too.
http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/

Warhammer 40k
6,914 pts Waaagh Dakkagut (Goff Orks)
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   
     183 pts Protectorate of Menoth

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
  • Our beavers are better than you beavers
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 09:35:49 AM »
That and apparently there is assault before shooting, what about assault weapons!?!
Tau theme song, "jump around"

NateT

• Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 09:37:35 AM »
The dice are... strange?  I might like 'em more in real life... what are the little servo skull markers?  They are kinda neat!  Do they come with the objective dice set?  I might get one of those.

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 09:42:01 AM »

poor form to talk about pirating on forums for a small business that survives by selling these books my friend

How much for a kit wit the small *actually USEFUL* rule book?

Probably at least a month or two after launch, once it's out i'm sure the 6th edition hardcover book will make just as good of a paperweight as the 5th edition hardcover book did. I also found this little snippet online, seems instead of 2 armies Black Reach style there are going to be 2 seperate starter box sets... interesting

two starter sets, each with rules, dices, movement markers, mission booklet, one with Dark Angels and fitting scenery, the other with Black Legion and Chaos scenery. You can combine both to play the campaign or use one set alone to play a selection of dumbed down scenarios against every other force, first starter set that comes with a model for a well established special character

That and apparently there is assault before shooting, what about assault weapons!?!

Exactly

The dice are... strange?  I might like 'em more in real life... what are the little servo skull markers?  They are kinda neat!  Do they come with the objective dice set?  I might get one of those.

if you look close the objective markers have little shelves or something, do you put the dice on them?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 09:53:36 AM by PhoenixFire »

andalucien

• God
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2012, 10:50:32 AM »
Argh, I am having such an internal debate over whether to buy the collector's edition or not.   Want....  bad.   I think I'm either gonna do that or just wait till the mini rulebook is out.   The path of virtue or the path of excess?  Sigh...
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

King of the Elves

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2012, 12:57:31 PM »
Yea I really want the gamers/ collectors edition but way too much money to be spend on a book that I'm going to have to replace in like 3 years. I really like the tape mesure, might end up getting that. Don't really know if I want the cards, I have never played a physer (I know i spelled that wrong) before so I will have to wait and see. Chase if you find out that the tape mesure or anything like that are in short supply, please let us know!

Not cool dude.

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2012, 01:04:22 PM »
Why not, any time a company blately rips you off, why not just take it for free?

Consider the music industry in the late 90s or the movie rental industry.   Both of them had to chance because people got sick of them basically ripping them off on EVERY purchase.   Netflix does fine, redbox does fine, Blockbuster with 2$ a day late fees? No,  26$ for a CD with 9 songs? No thanks. 

King of the Elves

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2012, 01:24:05 PM »
Why not, any time a company blately rips you off, why not just take it for free?

Consider the music industry in the late 90s or the movie rental industry.   Both of them had to chance because people got sick of them basically ripping them off on EVERY purchase.   Netflix does fine, redbox does fine, Blockbuster with 2$ a day late fees? No,  26$ for a CD with 9 songs? No thanks. 

Look at it like this, your on a local stores forum that they pay for, where you also play 40K on thier tables, free of charge and your talking about how it is "right" to pirate a rulebook (that is illegal in the first place)  and that store also sells the rulebook and makes prifit from it. So if you pirate the rulebook you are not only stealing from GW but stealing from Battlegrounds. I'm a 15 year old kid with a crappy job that pays $20 a week, while still saving for a car and college. So if I have to not buy models for a couple weeks or not go out with friends this weekend to save money for this rulebook, just so I can buy it from battlegrounds and not pirate it, then so be it. Pay where you play, thats my motto.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 01:26:28 PM by King of the Elves »

NateT

• Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2012, 01:58:37 PM »
I just think that if you pirate the rulebook, that's 75 bucks you HAVE to spend on models at Battlegrounds!   :D  Actually, lets make it a hundred, just to be fair!

I also think that if people are waiting for the starter set and mini-rulebook, but want to read the rules, checking out a pdf online in the mean time isn't that bad or morally wrong, like borrowing it from a friend... who lives in Sweden...

Speaking of, are the rumors of two starter sets (DA and chaos) true?  If it's one set of models and still over 100 bucks, I am going to be a bit disappointed!