Author Topic: 6th Edition Release Date + Products (click this)  (Read 6971 times)

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
Re: 6th Edition Release Date + Products (click this)
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2012, 09:43:10 PM »
That closest models removed first thing is horrible.  Now people will be spending even more time futzing with where their meltas are (or are not) and they're be tons of arguments on just which model is closest (it's not always so clear cut).

andalucien

• God
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2012, 09:49:10 PM »
I'm  going to take a wait and see on the closest to furthest rule.  It may not be that bad, and the payoff in terms of interesting strategy and cinematic play seems HUGE.  As long as the rules clearly define where you measure shots from, it should be fairly easy to tell which X models are closest to that firing point.
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

andalucien

• God
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2012, 09:51:32 PM »
I do hope they put a rule in like in chess though, "if you take your hand off the piece, you moved it and can't take it back."  That might minimize futzing problems.
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2012, 09:52:07 PM »
In past editions you could take Units from other Codexes with restrictions to fill out your army. This was the Original Idea with Grey Knights was that you could add Grey Knights to an Imperial Army to supplement them with an Assault Based anti-monster unit.

What it means is you want to Grey Knights to team up with a Group of Black Templar to slay the Enemies of the Empire in a great Crusade you can do this now. Salamanders and Blood Angels been buddies since Armageddon they will team up to save the day.

Buying Fortifications will be cool make yourself a Nice Defensive line to defend against the Onslaught of Mech and Assault with an Infantry firing line.

Feel No Pain and Cover Saves going up are IMHO awesome. They were a little ridiculous at 4+ save .

I been complaining about the models closest to furthest for a while now. Templates going to be stupid they hit the back guys and guys up front die. The only benefit I see is you can loop around to hit specific models first but even then it will create arguments.

Pre-measuring is the only thing going to change my thoughts on the Closest to furthest since your going to be able to measure beforehand your movements and shots that your going to kill what you want to kill if you can get into position.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2012, 10:01:16 PM »
Is that a dice satchel?

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2012, 10:13:17 PM »
Models that are killed MUST be removed from closest to furthest. = Assault army Nerf.

No more wound allocation. = Nobs are starting to become overpriced.

Cover saves are either 5+ or 6+ = KFF is looking much less useful.

Players may premeasure. = eh

Random charge length. = This could be a major Nerf to my Orks....because they are so overpowered anyway.  This could be very bad for any assault based army.

Players will be able to "buy" fortifications.  Want a Defense Line?  Cool.  Want a Fortress of Redemption?  Cool. = Could be interesting, but Orks do not have a word for Defense.

There IS an allies chart. = Wow, Orks will now have a way to deal with AV14...we just use someone else...but wait, no one is as cool as us...

Feel No Pain is 5+ = Nobs just became way over priced

Don't know if this is going to really hurt Orks or not without knowing the rest of the rules
http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/

Warhammer 40k
6,914 pts Waaagh Dakkagut (Goff Orks)
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   
     183 pts Protectorate of Menoth

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2012, 10:55:46 PM »
I'm also interested to see how this is going to play out

No more wound allocation.

so if you get 5 invuln saves and 10 armor saves for a 5 man space marine unit it doesnt matter because as soon as you 5 fails the unit is dead?

or how about a mixed unit, say 4 space marines and 1 guy with a stormshield and they get shot at with 4 armor saves and 1 invuln save how you going to determine who gets the invuln save?
what if they are in a line the same distance to the guys shooting at them?

also changes a lot of unit compositions, no reason to take stormshields or warding staffs in a mixed unit if you won't be able to allocated to them

guess i should just shutup and paint until the 30th and see for myself lol

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2012, 11:15:26 PM »
Yeah, the 30th will be a fun day.  :)
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

King of the Elves

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2012, 11:19:02 PM »
Noob question, what are these munitorum templates, markers, tape measure and such??? What does munitorum even mean?

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

King of the Elves

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2012, 12:16:30 AM »
so what are the templates for? Or do we not know yet?

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2012, 02:36:38 AM »
They're just fancy large blast, small blast, and flamer templates.

You know the cool looking WHFB templates that are in gold plastic?  These with be the 40k version of those.

King of the Elves

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2012, 11:38:40 AM »
Ok that's pretty cool I guess. I'll have to see how much $$ I have then mabey order it at Abington.

tilarium

• Heroic Tier Level 4
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2012, 01:35:27 PM »
I want one of each, that's $305 though!  I'll have to figure something out, maybe something for my birthday!

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2012, 01:43:03 PM »
If people are serious about trying to get a collectors edition or gamers edition please let me know ASAP.  GW has a very limited supply and we are not guaranteed any.